The Official Devil May Cry Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to buy the HD Collection on Amazon. DmC dropped off their Best Sellers list in one week, but the HD Collection's still on after a month and a half.

I'm not bashing the game, in fact I plan on getting it eventually. But did Capcom ever say why they went with a new direction for the franchise? DMC4 sold well & had good WOM, so it's not like the series needed a change. Was it just something that Ninja Theory wanted to do?

I'm not bashing the game, in fact I plan on getting it eventually. But did Capcom ever say why they went with a new direction for the franchise? DMC4 sold well & had good WOM, so it's not like the series needed a change. Was it just something that Ninja Theory wanted to do?
I'm sending the reason to you in pm

Devil May Cry was the best hack and slash/action game series ever made. Until 3. Then those that created Devil May Cry made Bayonetta, arguably the finest game in the genre. Then they gave the Devil May Cry series to the people who made Heavenly Sword.

DmC being solid is not a good thing.

That just isn't true. While the action went crazy in the sequels, the characterizations of Dante and Vergil were handled in a rather subtle way. I was never a big fan of brat Dante in DMC3, but when they turned that down it was great.
If by subtle you mean homoerotic and incestuous, yes.

The last thing Zenith would want to do is spam some kind of unnecessary info on the page...

well yeah; they said it when this thing was announced. DMC4 didnt meet their sales expectations and they felt the series had gotten stale. They gave it to a western developer to make it more accessible and bring in a new perspective to the franchise

Devil May Cry was the best hack and slash/action game series ever made. Until 3. Then those that created Devil May Cry made Bayonetta, arguably the finest game in the genre. Then they gave the Devil May Cry series to the people who made Heavenly Sword..
IDA. I thought the God of War series was better than DMC

Last edited:
well yeah; they said it when this thing was announced. DMC4 didnt meet their sales expectations and they felt the series had gotten stale. They gave it to a western developer to make it more accessible and bring in a new perspective to the franchise
I hope they keep it straight with the timeline and not disorienting

Uh, why not here? :huh:
The reason to that is that there are rules on the hype about links that have excessive swear words. and even though one I put (pod cast) up which had one of the founders of Bioware on it and why he and his business partner left the video game community, But because of the cussing from the interviewers mostly Scott C Jones originally from the unite States. Admin C Lee didn't take a liking to it, and Re enforced the rule. And any more with Excessive F words that does happen to be in those links there will be in trouble with him.

Thus why you saw me suggesting that Nathan put the score up from GT instead of the link to their video review in this thread, Since it shows Dante swearing in Excess with the F bomb unfiltered. So I'm not putting it up cause it'll cause trouble in more ways then one. Cause I wouldn't be the only one that posted a unfiltered link with the F word and this thread might be closed up due to that and start other issues that I don't want to visit both the Admin for the Rules he set and posters. So if you want the reason from the producers of capcom's mouth. I know where it is and I can send to you in pm. and i'll be doing that with any thing with relevant info if it shows up from those pod casts , Til they do a show with out the Excessive swearing. which they said they might do last week at the end of one of their shows when they had the director of Dishonored there and he told them some detail's on up coming Story DLC .

Any way the pod casts are only place they "do" do that. their videos which are ports from their tv show they are fine.

New news.

DmC prequel comic 'The Chronicles of Vergil' unleashes first digital issue

(15 hours ago)

The first issue of Titan Comics' DmC: Devil May Cry prequel, The Chronicles of Vergil, is now available for download through comiXology. You can purchase either through a computer browser or through the comiXology app on iOS, Android and Kindle Fire.

This first issue of the proposed two-book run, written by Guillaume Dorison (AKA Izu) and illustrated by Robin Recht and Patrick Pion, leads up to the events of Ninja Theory's DmC game. The print version drops on May 15, and the follow-up issue hits comic store shelves on June 19. Continue Reading

source:Joytiq

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing that up Zenith, I totally understand that!

I'm interested so if you'd like to PM me I'd be thankful!

This first issue of the proposed two-book run, written by Guillaume Dorison (AKA Izu) and illustrated by Robin Recht and Patrick Pion, leads up to the events of Ninja Theory's DmC game. The print version drops on May 15, and the follow-up issue hits comic store shelves on June 19. Continue Reading

source:Joytiq

will have to snag that

Whoa. Dude is sick. Dante Must Die Difficulty

[YT]BL6Vt7JtCfs[/YT]

You still have full health on DMD, its Hell mode where I think they only give you a one hit death (with three gold orbs) against full enemies health.

Currently on Furnace of Souls on DMD mode and after a couple days of not playing Im getting my ass kicked haha. Those Witches are pissing me off!
I actually just beat dmd mode today, next up, heaven or hell

Well done! Heaven and Hell mode should be a piece of cake for ya.

Last edited:
Yea I'm not too worried about heaven and hell mode, especially since I have access to the super Dante perk now. Now hell and hell, that sounds like it's gonna be a *****. Interestingly enough, altho overall dmd was harder than son of sparda, some parts were actually easier on dmd mode, like the last boss fight.

Yea I'm not too worried about heaven and hell mode, especially since I have access to the super Dante perk now. Now hell and hell, that sounds like it's gonna be a *****. Interestingly enough, altho overall dmd was harder than son of sparda, some parts were actually easier on dmd mode, like the last boss fight.

Thats good to hear actually, after going through all these levels I just want it over haha. I agree that the difficulty wasnt too bad. I flew through a good majority of the levels. Havnt had a problem till I put down the controller for afew days.

You still have full health on DMD, its Hell mode where I think they only give you a one hit death (with three gold orbs) against full enemies health.

Ah ok. Either way, its gonna be tough. Im midway through on SoS mode and iv died more than i did all through my normal play through. Altho during my normal run through i never hit the Game Over screen.

By your third time through youll be pro on taking the enemies out and evade. Its tough but not as bad as the name implies haha. SOS and DMD arent too far apart imo.

So yea…heaven or hell mode is not fun at all…I wish I could just go straight to hell or hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"