BvS The Official Diane Lane IS Ma Kent Thread

It's a great time to be a Superman fan. Snyder is absolutely hitting it out of the park with casting.

Diane Lane helped me through puberty, myself, lol.

Mr. Brolin's a lucky man....

She's 19 years Cavill's senior, but that honestly doesn't matter as she found Clark when he was about, 4-5 and is an adoptive parent....great casting.

-R

Yup....entirely possible.

However, I feel that it would be a waste of a great actor. While I love the character of Jor-El, I feel the 1978 film gave too much importance to his character...

Jor-El didn't raise Superman. The Kents did. That's what makes him who he is--the god who is a man. I feel that if we were lucky enough to get Daniel Day Lewis to be in a comic book film, I wouldn't waste him on a character that is scene in flashbacks--but rather as a menacing, calculating, cool, and collected, Lex Luthor. (and to a 3 picture deal :D ).

-R

Not going to get into a debate of which set of parents are important--both are IMO ;)--but he could play Jor-El. And what if they are flashbacks? It would fit even more if the Zod rumors are true. Plus there's no telling how many could be used.

C'mon now, guys. DDL isn't going to do this.

Don't tread on my dreams, Chewy. :mad::p

This will be Diane's second Superman-related film counting Hollywoodland.

I guess it's just because I see him as a perfect fit for Lex....

-R

The F'nn hottest Martha Kent, EVER! :hrt: :woot:

Birthright adaptation, here we go!

Isn't Diane Lane a little too.. hot? Like, not "oh she's hot for an older lady" hot. Like, SMOKIN hot, hot.

EDIT: But, it's Snyder, so they'll probably just make her look older.

DDL as Lex would be the best casting ever, will have to wait and see on that one I guess.

I'm thrilled with this casting choice.

Isn't Diane Lane a little too.. hot? Like, not "oh she's hot for an older lady" hot. Like, SMOKIN hot, hot.

EDIT: But, it's Snyder, so they'll probably just make her look older.

Yeah, and they aged for Secretariat and Hollywoodland too. So she's probably used to it.

I was thinking the same thing but I really don't mind if I get to see Diane Lane while watching a Superman movie

The whole "The only mom Clark has ever known" bit in the press release was just corny, forced, and unnecessary.

She seems pretty damn young to be playing Martha Kent. Even Annette O' Toole wasn't as young as her at the start of Smallville. I guess they're going the trend of casting young mother's in the role just like with Spider-Man.

She is a MILF no doubt. Will she even be old enough to play Clark Kent's mom?

Carla Gugino is hot and they made her look older pretty well for Watchmen, it can be done.

She seems pretty damn young to be playing Martha Kent. Even Annette O' Toole wasn't as young as her at the start of Smallville. I guess they're going the trend of casting young mother's in the role just like with Spider-Man.

She is a MILF no doubt. Will she even be old enough to play Clark Kent's mom?
Sally Field is young?

brzg1qtb705150t.jpg
200px-Martha_Kent_01.jpg

I can completely picture Diane Lane and Kevin Costner together. Hopefully, we get the confirmation on Costner soon too. Diane Lane is perfect for the role.

I'm loving the casting for this movie. Diane Lane will be a great Ma Kent.

It's a great time to be a Superman fan. Snyder is absolutely hitting it out of the park with casting.
Indeed! Looking good so far! :up:

Henry Cavill, Diane Lane...possibly Olivia Wilde and Viggo Mortensen. that's more hotness than all the Superman films combined...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"