The Official Director's Cut Thread

JMAfan said:
HEY....I teach freshmen.....be nice.....:mad: ;)

I teach them too, carissima!

But I hope they work very hard and learn a good deal of things before doing something, like FF, that should be asked of a good director.

Mr Sensitive said:
I teach them too, carissima!

But I hope they work very hard and learn a good deal of things before doing something, like FF, that should be asked of a good director.

Well apparently my students are headed down the road to ruin, because they enjoyed the hell out of the movie....:)

Mr Sensitive said:
Do you teach cinema?

No I teach the world....:)

But I guess unfortunately for the learned.....our cinema/theatre teacher loved the movie as well......oh well....the world is doomed.....

JMAfan said:
No I teach the world....:)

But I guess unfortunately for the learned.....our cinema/theatre teacher loved the movie as well......oh well....the world is doomed.....

What an exaggeration.

The world is not doomed, only your cinema/theatre teacher is. :ghost:

Mr Sensitive said:
What an exaggeration.

The world is not doomed, only your cinema/theatre teacher is. :ghost:

She went into the movie looking for fun, and a chance to get out of the summer heat and enjoy a movie....laugh alittle, have a good time.....and she did....it was me that wasn't happy....:)

Mr Sensitive said:
"I feel like now people have seen the kind of fast- paced ‘get in and out’ version,” Story said. “We’re talking [about] only a handful of scenes that I might put back into the movie just to allow the movie to breathe a little bit."

This statement is proof enough that Story doesn't know what to do with the name "director" that they write in the back of those charming chairs.

"I might put back", translating: "Well, I dunno...maybe I put it back, maybe not." He simply doesn't know how the movie should be.

"To breathe a little". What a joke: after such poisonous scenes like Doom calling the Thing "Ben", and the scientific discussions between Doom and Reed, Story says "to breathe"?

That leads me to think where the hell is Hollywood getting his "professionals" nowadays? What a disgrace. He is worse than a freshman.

I wish you made some sense there.:o

Mr Sensitive said:
And I wish you were a much better reader.

Your skills need great improvement.

Oh...don't we have a low IQ?

Mr Sensitive said:
"I feel like now people have seen the kind of fast- paced ‘get in and out’ version,” Story said. “We’re talking [about] only a handful of scenes that I might put back into the movie just to allow the movie to breathe a little bit."

This statement is proof enough that Story doesn't know what to do with the name "director" that they write in the back of those charming chairs.

"I might put back", translating: "Well, I dunno...maybe I put it back, maybe not." He simply doesn't know how the movie should be.

"To breathe a little". What a joke: after such poisonous scenes like Doom calling the Thing "Ben", and the scientific discussions between Doom and Reed, Story says "to breathe"?

That leads me to think where the hell is Hollywood getting his "professionals" nowadays? What a disgrace. He is worse than a freshman.
There's a difference between reading between the lines and not reading them at all. Directors always use in that wishy-washy, unspecific verbiage. I'm hardly a staunch supporter of either the film or Story himself, but IMO you're just reading it negatively because you expect it to be that way.

CConn said:
There's a difference between reading between the lines and not reading them at all. Directors always use in that wishy-washy, unspecific verbiage. I'm hardly a staunch supporter of either the film or Story himself, but IMO you're just reading it negatively because you expect it to be that way.

There is no middle ground when it comes to this movie. You either liked it or you didn't. As fans, we'd all like perfection, but isn't going to happen. Some no matter what the sequel looks like, or the DC of this movie, there will be some who still find fault with it. It's all opinion, and conjecture. Can't please everyone so you do the best you can, with what you have, and hope the majority enjoy it. And the #'s say, many, many enjoyed it. :) I said it befoore the film opened, after BB, WOTW, AND ROTS, the movie going public was ready for some cheesy, campy, popcorn fun. And that's what they got, even thou for the hardcore fan it wasn't all it should of, or could have been. Even thou it worked for many, including myself.

The Thing 2005 said:
There is no middle ground when it comes to this movie. You either liked it or you didn't. As fans, we'd all like perfection, but isn't going to happen.

I want perfection, but I can get really happy with a good version.

For instance: I have a big collection of X-Men (as big as my FF collection), and admire the work of Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, Roy Thomas, Neal Adams, Chris Claremont, John Byrne, Alan Davis, etc. with them.

The X movies aren't perfect, but I really like them. There is nothing story wise, or in the making of it, that prevent me to like them.

They were made under a very peculiar vision of that universe, but Singer's abilities are great. Even when he didn't have all that money in X1 (and for the same FOX of FF), he could pull off a very good movie, that transformed things for comicbook adaptations.

The problem with FF is that Story and his crew delievered a bad movie. That's all.

CConn said:

My point, CConn, is that Story is not prepared to deal with this kind of movie. He is quite limited as a director and, frankly, he doesn't know how to wrap up this movie, and doesn't know what he is talking about (even if you concede he is " a great FF fan" and what not).

And he is a very bad omen for the next one.

oh...aren't you clever.

Yours is Mr. Sensitive

Guess that means you freak out everytime someone disagrees:o
Boy...bet your mother hit you alot.

come on, why don't we stop slamming each other and get back on-topic? We don't need to be getting rude with each other, right? Right.:up:

So, on the original topic, maybe I missed it somewhere, but then this is currently of 4-page thread, so... is there any real info about a release date, how much of the movie was cut out for the theatrical, what features will we get, etc, etc.?

zer00 said:
oh...aren't you clever.

Yours is Mr. Sensitive

Guess that means you freak out everytime someone disagrees:o
Boy...bet your mother hit you alot.

Yep. I'm clever.

No. My mom was very indulgent with me.

And... I don't freak out with intelligent disagreement, like CConn's.
Yours left a lot to be desired.

Mr Sensitive said:
Yep. I'm clever.

No. My mom was very indulgent with me.

And... I don't freak out with intelligent disagreement, like CConn's.
Yours left a lot to be desired.

Oh...you freaked out. Considering it made the entire population of Australia heads hurt.

static.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"