The official Disney Classics Live-Action Remakes

Bringing the dream back...!

I'm calling it: Worst Disney Live Action Remake. Prove me wrong, Disney+.
Don't know how something could possibly be worse than Lion King 2019, but we'll see. :funny:
You haven't been paying attention, there is still hope for one to top that list!

YawningHospitableJaeger-max-1mb.gif

Never say never....
1z0j04.gif

DOE1Z52W4AAi37Z.jpg

LOL with some imagineering/fake news!
I wish ;) How far can they go with these endless live-action remakes?:funny:

DOI-Xj3WsAEksCH.jpg

The resemblance is uncanny, they may have been separated at birth.
Bw0hvMM.jpg

Some fat-cat (played by Alec Baldwin) peg-leg chasing them across the boarder! ? :woot:
A Magical bullet-proof flying Serape, a singing tequila worm, princesa Ana de Armas, and you know the rest!
This thing writes itself.
DOE1YTmXUAA5t6d.jpg

The idea of following the trend of everything being recast in live-action, is meant to be a bit outrageous.:cwink:

1z3max.gif

Donald, ...José Carioca and Panchito Pistoles, as a traveling trio, which could be ripe for some reinvention.
:D
Alec Baldwin as Peg Leg Pete would be perfect lol

Are we still talking about Bambi?

Last edited:
I'd like to see them do a live action version of 'Treasure Planet'. I think that one would work better in live action than it did in 2D animation.

Re here so as not to derail Bambi more...
This should happen with John Goodman playing Peg Leg Pete.

giphy.gif

If Goodman is live action Pete, can Kevin Hart be live action Mickey Mouse!
When they inevitably finally come full circle to Live Action Steamboat Willie!

Last edited:
Finally checked Aladdin and it's alright. Better than I expected! Same feeling I had about Beauty and the Beast as well as Lady and The Tramp

I really like Jungle Book though. Haven't watched Dumbo or Lion King yet

My personal pick for a live action remake would be Atlantis
atlantisfancast.jpg

Milo - There is a few different options they can go, nobody sticks out as a clear favourite but I like Andre Garfield for the role. Eddie Redmayne could be a good shout as well but I don't think he pulls of that joyous sense of wonder as well as Garfield.

Dr Sweet - Terry Crews is too obvious I think Henry Simmons who plays Mack in AOS would be a great fit for the doc.

Kidagakash Nedakh - Hard one to pick for her but off the top of my head I think Zazie Beetz would be a good fit.

Commander Lyle Tiberius Rourke - Would just have to be Tommy Lee Jones, I remember I thought the model was based on him as a kid.

Lieutenant Helga Katrina Sinclair - You need somebody who can pull off both beautiful and tough, I would say go for Katheryn Winnick.

Vinny - I would have to go for Sacha Baron Cohan, just think he could bring the same humour to the role.

Ramirez - Victoria Justice sticks out for me, I don't know why she just does.

Mole - Though I doubt he would sign on for such a small odd role Jean Reno would be my personal choice.

Wilhelmina - Cloris Leachman would be my choice for the cynical radio operator, feels very similar to her role in American Gods.

Cookie - Another tough one but give it to Billy Bob Thornton would be my pick, think he could make it really funny.

Whitmore - JK Simmons could bring Whitmore to life with that same energy he always has.

Sounds great! I think Atlantis and Treasure Planet have a lot in common - lots of special effects laden scenes that would look awesome in live action. When the movies were made the CGI wasn't quite ready but now it would all be a snap to do.

The ones that didn't do well should be tried again , especially The Black Cauldron. That would be the ultimate win for Disney if they succeeded at remaking their biggest failure and turned it into a commercial and critical success.

The ones that didn't do well should be tried again , especially The Black Cauldron. That would be the ultimate win for Disney if they succeeded at remaking their biggest failure and turned it into a commercial and critical success.
Loved the Black Cauldron but I legit don't think im ready to see Gurgi die in live action.

I agree, but their whole reason for doing this in the first place is for an easy sell with titles people love already. So it doesn’t take much to get ppl in the theatre.

I can only see them maybe trying their less popular titles once they’ve exhausted all their classics first.

Another one that might have a chance is The Great Mouse Detective.

Just thinking Sherlock Holmes hasn't really been hotter than it is right now since back when it was first released. You have the Benedict Cumberbatch Sherlock show, upcoming RDJ Sherlock Holmes movie and Elementary which ran for 7 seasons and just finished last year.

I only recently saw the great mouse detective and loved it. It would probably work better these days I think. Wonder if they could get Benedict and Martin Freeman to play the leads?

Has the Jungle Book 2016 been the only or most successful Disney cgi/live action remake? Not just at the box office but critically.

Despite box office hits..aren't Aladdin, Dumbo Beauty and the Beast rotten on rotten tomatoes? Lady and the Tramp is an original streaming film on Disney + but how did it do critically?

Were Adventures of Pinocchio, 101 Dalmatians, 102 Dalmatians, Jungle Book 1994, The Huntsman 1&2, Maleficent 1&2 or Alice in Wonderland 1&2 major hits at the box office and critically?

Has the Jungle Book 2016 been the only or most successful Disney cgi/live action remake? Not just at the box office but critically.

Despite box office hits..aren't Aladdin, Dumbo Beauty and the Beast rotten on rotten tomatoes?
Aladdin and Dumbo are, though Aladdin's audience score is much higher. Beauty and the Beast has a 71%, one of the higher rated Disney remakes after Jungle Book.

Were Adventures of Pinocchio, 101 Dalmatians, 102 Dalmatians, Jungle Book 1994, The Huntsman 1&2, Maleficent 1&2 or Alice in Wonderland 1&2 major hits at the box office and critically?

None of them were critical hits though Jungle Book 1994 got some nice notices at the time. In terms of box office, it was only a moderate hit. Alice in Wonderland was gigantic, Maleficent was a big hit and so was 101 Dalmatians thanksgiving 1996. Snow White and the Huntsman also did pretty well.

Maleficent 2 disappointed while Adventures of Pinocchio, 102 Dalmatians, Alice in Wonderland 2 and Huntsman 2 all bombed.

Which Pinnochio movie are you guys talking about? The dubbed Itallian one from 2002? Cause that wasn't Disney. And it was based off the book and not the Disney movie.

This all time classic (which isn’t Disney either).

A1jTC8mQznL._AC_SY445_.jpg

I don’t think we’re talking strictly Disney (hence Snow White and the Huntsman as well) but just life-action fairy tale.

Damn that's a bad record, Only two winning combos. I thought the ones I mentioned were all Disney, my bad!

Bring back The Rescuers. That was one of the few concepts that actually could have been a franchise.

I’m still waiting for the announcement that the Aristocats is being greenlit with Steve Coogan as the butler, Gemma chan as Duchess and Ike Barinholtz as O’Malley

Who could you get to play this legend?

Obviously Brazilian actor: Rodrigo Junqueira dos Reis Santoro

f7bdJYj.png
GzZPrbP.jpg

3nrkog.gif

3nrkbp.gif

Yes the guy who played 300's supernaturally surreal terrifying and fetishized Xerxes.
As well as the similarly darkly romanticized "violent delights" Hector Escaton

As this is the part of the movie when the (live action "human") Three Caballeros land the flying rainbow serape, and symbolically enter the Amazon (subconscious) and are seduced by the supernaturally induced yakoana fantasy realm of the Aracuan.
Where they realize their true spirit-animal form: Duck, Rooster and Parrot! .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"