Not open for further replies.

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=38948

Source: Variety
November 1, 2007

Joss Whedon is heading back to TV along with his "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel" star, Eliza Dushku.

Variety says Dushku will star in the Whedon-penned series "Dollhouse," which has been given a seven-episode order by Fox.

Produced by 20th Century Fox TV -- the studio also behind "Buffy," "Angel" and Whedon's late, lamented "Firefly" -- "Dollhouse" follows a top-secret world of people programmed with different personalities, abilities and memories depending on their mission.

After each assignment -- which can be physical, romantic or even illegal -- the characters have their memories wiped clean, and are sent back to a lab (dubbed the "Dollhouse").

The show centers on Dushku's character, Echo, as she slowly begins to develop some self-awareness, which impacts her missions.

Whedon has already hammered out the basic outline for all seven episodes. Barring a strike, Fox hopes to have the show in production by spring, giving the network an opportunity to be so far ahead of schedule by fall that it could potentially air a full season uninterrupted by breaks.

Beyond Dushku's character, the show will also revolve around the people who run the mysterious "dollhouse" and two other "dolls," a man and woman who are friendly with Echo. Then there's the federal agent who has heard an urban myth about the dolls, and is trying to investigate their existence.

Whedon admitted there's a little dose of "The Matrix" in the plot -- "I do have that entire movie tattooed on my brain" -- and said "Dollhouse" will enable him and Dushku to explore some political and social issues.

sounds like a intresting story..

plus Eliza is awesome

hopefully Faith's missions allow her to be wearing lots of skimpy outfits...

A Faith Series would have been more interesting... this seems boring :down

another Whedon show and it will have Eliza, sounds awesome....but....

it will be on FOX............so it will likely be canceled ....:csad:

How much do you want to bet it'll be cancelled by 3 episodes in favor of more American Idol? :csad:

i would have more faith in this show if it was on CW.

I coulda sworn that Joss said he'd never do another series with Fox again after Firefly was canned.

Fox is writing the cancellation press release as we speak.

sounds wicked shame's its on Fux, oh I meant Fox

Whedon should have learned by now not to work with Fox.

Poor Joss again with the worst network in present day TV land...FOX

What does The Simpsons have to do with Joss Whedon ?

I do not get how crap shows like the Simpsons can have longer lives than some of Joss shows on the same network.

so whats the deal with this show? anything new? looking forward to seeing Eliza back on the tube!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"