The Official Dollhouse Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all...

Anyway, the show now has Olivia Williams, Harry Lennix, and Amy Acker. I am mopst certainly in.

Fox? Why does it have to be there. They have little faith in their series and cancel them prematurely. Id rather this be made for something like the CW. I still hate how Fox got rid of Tru Callings just when it was starting to get really good

Whats the over/under on the of episodes this show gets before it gets canned?

latest update from IGN:

Whedon's Dollhouse Goes Forth
FOX set for Buffy creator's new project.

US, May 11, 2008 - Joss Whedon's Dollhouse looks to be good to go for next season. Nikke Finke is reporting on her Deadline Hollywood blog that the project, starring Eliza Dushku, will indeed by on FOX's schedule for next season. Finke backs up rumors from last week that the show will debut midseason.

The pick up is not a surprise, considering FOX gave the show a seven episode order before the pilot was even written. However, there have been occasions in the past when projects that seemed similarly set still derailed, so Whedon fans will no doubt be happy to hear more confirmation that they will indeed be seeing a new show from him in the next few months, even as they remain wary where FOX is concerned, considering Whedon's experience there with Firefly. But as Whedon himself has noted, it's a very different regime at the network now.

Update:
Variety is also confirming that Dollhouse will be on FOX's schedule as a midseason series.

*sigh* Fox. Damn.

Then again, it's not like Whedon has a choice. I remember hearing a rumor a while back that when Whedon made Firefly, he signed a contract with Fox to make 2 or 3 new series for them. That's why he abandoned television altogether after Firefly was cancelled. He's contractually obligated to make his next show or 2 for that network. At least that's what I heard.

Well Fox have supposdly changed the way's according to Whedon, but from cancelling Drive last year after only 4 episodes withing a time radius of 8 days I'm still not convinced, though they have kept Terminator for a 2nd season despite above average ratings at best.

I can't wait for Whedon's next mini series after this one.

I give it just the one season I think with Fox track record of new shows nowaday's.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=45046

here are Eliza Dushku as Echo, Olivia Williams as Adelle, Tahmoh Penikett as Paul, Fran Kranz as Topher, Dichen Lachman as Sierra, Enver Gjokaj as Victor, and Harry Lennix as Boyd in Whedon's "Dollhouse."

dollhouse1.jpg

dollhouse2.jpg

dollhouse3.jpg

that last pic :eek:
Maybe its the eyebrows that look bad.

I really want this show to do well. Fox better handle this better than they did with Firefly.

Eh, Whedon is one of my favorites when it come to the land of TV but he's really not selling me on this one just yet. :(

Gotta say i loved the trailer, looks like a cool show and Ive always liked Eliza. :heart:

Ooh I love the woman who plays Adelle (Olivia Williams) in that trailer, she has been in a load of really good films (mostly bit parts like Jayma Mays) and was awesome in the lead of Miss Austen Regrets.:o

I cried when i saw that the other week.:waa:

Which part? When her sister was burning her letters?

Yep. I loved how we all assumed Jane needed a Mr Darcy but the love story was about the love for her family and friends. it satisfied my inner feminist

Yep. I loved how we all assumed Jane needed a Mr Darcy but the love story was about the love for her family and friends. it satisfied my inner feminist

LOL, now you see I felt sorry for her, I thought her hostility was a sign of her inner loneliness from never finding anyone (man or as speculated by some woman) to love, my darling brothers take on it was "well she was blatantly lezzing it up wiv 'er sister":o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"