The Official Dollhouse Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
we should take a poll as to how many eps (out of the 13) will actually make it to air on Fox.

i predict 6.

fox will air the first two episodes on friday... cancel it due to low ratings and then burn off a remaining 4 on the two following fridays airing 2 eps a night back to back before replacing their friday night lineup w/ reruns of bones + house... :csad:

The new trailer still has not convinced me to watch this show.

None of the stuff I've seen has convinced me yet...I will usually give a show 3 episodes before I decide to commit to it

I've got to admit, whenever I read the premise, I think "this sounds like a good premise for a movie, but how do you stretch this out to a TV show?" It's the same reaction I had to the premise of Prison Break, and sure enough, I don't know anyone who thinks it's as good as it was during its first season.

I've got to admit, whenever I read the premise, I think "this sounds like a good premise for a movie, but how do you stretch this out to a TV show?" It's the same reaction I had to the premise of Prison Break, and sure enough, I don't know anyone who thinks it's as good as it was during its first season.

But...this is by Joss Whedon.

He can do anything.

Alien Resurrection.

Yes Joss Whedon can most certainly Resurrect Aliens. Do you not have faith in his powahhh?!:cmad:

I think he meant Joss can do anything within the realmn of televison. Although when it comes to his movies Serenity is good :woot:

I meant that sometimes Joss just has a rare miss. This show might just have a good premiere, but we're gonna have to see some major status quo changes from season premiere to finale if we don't want this to get stale.

The first season was particularly exciting but that doesn't mean it's not one of the better written and creative shows on tv right now.

I meant that sometimes Joss just has a rare miss. This show might just have a good premiere, but we're gonna have to see some major status quo changes from season premiere to finale if we don't want this to get stale.
That's my concern as well. Plus, honestly, I don't even think the premise is all that great to begin with.

we should take a poll as to how many eps (out of the 13) will actually make it to air on Fox.

i predict 6.

Considering it's on a friday, I think a half season is about close to what we'll see. It's too bad Joss didn't pitch this to HBO where it might actually survive.

fox will air the first two episodes on friday... cancel it due to low ratings and then burn off a remaining 4 on the two following fridays airing 2 eps a night back to back before replacing their friday night lineup w/ reruns of bones + house... :csad:

It'll be re-airings of 24. :o

I read it was pitched most everywhere and Fox was the only one that said 'Yes'....

i predict 6.

Finding out they're airing the show Fridays at 9ET I'd be surprised if it even got that many episodes. I was looking forward to the show, knowing it'd be cancelled, but that was when I thought we'd get maybe a full 13 eps. It really should be paired with Fringe, but then again it's premiering in the winter so Fox is really limited on time slots since half the week is devoted solely to Karoke Idol.

"Can't you put my show on Tuesdays?"
"No, we need that for one of our hit dramas, and an episode of American Idol."
"What about Wednesdays?"
"We need that we a new episode of American Idol, and a repeat of last week's American Idol."
"What about Thursdays?"
"Oh, we use that for a repeat of Wednesday's American Idol."

It's sad, but that's probably how the conversation really went. American Idol just makes Fox too much money to not spam the crap out of their schedule with it.

With all the trouble Joss has already had with Dollhouse I wouldnt be surprise if this ended up beng a miss for him. None of his other shows seemed to give him as much trouble as Dollhouse does.

And doesnt Joss have a development deal with Fox? I know Eliza does so thats two reasons why the show ended up on Fox (besides the fact that all of his shows have been Fox shows to begin with)

Dushku has a nice first look deal with Fox....I read the particulars on Hollywood Reporter

Yeah, Eliza Dushku convinced Joss to come back and work with Fox for Dollhouse, as I recall. Joss only consented when he realized it was a whole new bunch of people at Fox, different from the ones who'd effectively s***-canned Firefly.

Dushku has a nice first look deal with Fox....I read the particulars on Hollywood Reporter

Yeah, I recall that she first chose a pilot called "Nurses," which was awful. Then she and Joss worked out Dollhouse.

Hope that this show ends up making it. Been hyped for it since it first became public last year.

If the show catches and stays on it's great...but if its **** then it deserves to get **** canned

Really hope this one manages to stay as well, but considering its on FOX doubts are already there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"