The Official Dragon Quest Thread

Discussion in 'Misc. and Multiplatform Games' started by Galactus, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Galactus

Galactus Devourer of Worlds

Dragon Quest X headed to Wii
    Wednesday 10-Dec-2008 10:04 AM
    Square Enix also dates Dragon Quest IX in Japan
    Square Enix has chosen Wii as the destination for the next installment of its blockbuster role playing series Dragon Quest.

That's according to Reuters, which says the publisher has yet to reveal a launch date or any pricing details for Dragon Quest X.

Before the new game's release, Dragon Quest IX will launch for DS on March 28 in Japan. It'll cost 5,980 yen ($64.73), but there's no word yet on when the title will be coming out over here.

Early titles in the multi million selling Dragon Quest series appeared on Nintendo platforms, before the franchise decamped to PlayStation, but the recent rebirth of Nintendo via the success of Wii and DS means, from a business perspective, it just makes financial sense to target those markets.

More details when we get them.

2. Tron Bonne

Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

$64 for a DS game, wow. I wonder how X will cost in American dollars, like $100?

Anyway, I just ordered DQVIII from eBay for $5. Basically wanted to see what all this fuss was about. If I like it I may check it out on Wii. I don't have a DS so I probably won't get to seriously play IX

3. Tron Bonne

So, anybody got any opinions about these DQ games?

4. Lord

Lord All Mighty

Heard they were quite good, never played any :p

5. Soapy

Soapy Registered

I played DQVIII, I didn't finish it, but it was pretty good.

Hmm...I wonder why Tron stopped posting.

6. Spider‐Man

Spider‐Man Registered

My favorite games ever are the original Dragon Warrior 1 and 2 games for the original Nintendo. I played 3 and 4 as well and Final Fantasy 1 for the original 8 bit too. The newer ones are obviously more sophisticated but I haven't played them. I'm sure the themes are the same which is great.

7. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

[​IMG]
    Dragon Quest X Coming to 3DS

Square Enix has announced that its massively multiplayer online role-playing game Dragon Quest X will be making the jump to Nintendo 3DS this September in Japan. The subscription-based MMO first launched for Wii and Wii U before moving to mobile devices and PC. From September 4 the game will be available on 3DS, and will make use of the same cloud streaming service that the mobile versions use. This means that the game will look better than most 3DS titles, but the handheld’s 3D capabilities will be disabled as a result. The 3DS version will come with 60 days of game time free when you purchase the base game, and three-day, 10-day and 30-day passes will also be available.
    Last we heard Square Enix stated that it was still considering whether to release Dragon Quest X in the west.

and

[​IMG]
    Dragon Quest X Is Coming To The Nintendo 3DS Via Streaming.July 7, 2014 . 8:30pm

Dragon Quest X is coming to the Nintendo 3DS, Square Enix have announced—well, sort of.

source: EPN.TV & Siliconera

#7 zenith16, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  8. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

This was just put up

[​IMG] Dragon Quest X On 3DS Is Something Yuji Horii Wanted Since Early Development. July 11, 2014 . 11:57am

Dragon Quest creator Yuji Horii made an appearance in this morning’s Nintendo 3DS Direct to talk about the Nintendo 3DS version of Dragon Quest X.

source: Siliconera

9. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

[​IMG] Dragon Quest Studio ArtePiazza On Original IP, Women In The Workplace And More. July 14, 2014 . 5:31pm

CEO Shintaro Majima and Planning Director Sachiko Sugimura discuss the studio’s origins, plans for the west, and their hopes for women in the ArtePiazza office.

10. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

[​IMG] Dragon Quest X For 3DS Uses Ubitus’ Cloud Streaming System. July 15, 2014 . 1:13am

Square Enix will release Dragon Quest X Online for Nintendo 3DS. This version of the Dragon Quest MMORPG uses Ubitus GameCloud middleware just like the Android version from NTT DoCoMo

11. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

[​IMG] Dragon Quest X For 3DS Retail Version Includes A Slime Segway, But No Cartridge. July 16, 2014 . 2:18am

If you purchase Dragon Quest X in stores you’ll get a code to download the game from the Nintendo eShop, a voucher good for 60 days of online play, a poster, and a Lemon Slime Board Prism.

12. Matt Mortem

Matt Mortem RIP Hype Forums

I'd really be interested in playing a Dragon Quest game, but have there been any significant Western releases?

13. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

mostly the older stuff from the dragon warrior series pre Snes and few others on older systems and pc I think the MMo which I think was for pc but I don 't remember much on how that latter one turned out or if it was brought up to the west with that one I'll look it up later .

[​IMG] Dragon Quest X And Attack On Titan Freebies With 3DS XL Purchase In Japan. July 17, 2014 . 2:19am

Nintendo has an ongoing promotion where new Nintendo 3DS XL buyers can get one Nintendo recommended game as a free download. In September, Dragon Quest X will join the list the same day it launches.

source: Siliconera.

14. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

[​IMG] Dragon Quest X Gets An All-In-One Package For Wii, Wii U, And PC Versions. July 22, 2014 . 4:30pm

Square Enix have announced a new all-in-one package for the game’s PC and home console releases.

15. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

Dragon Quest 4 confirmed for Western mobiles

(7 hours ago)

[​IMG]
    Square Enix unveiled Dragon Quest 4 as part of its line-up for the upcoming Gamescom conference, confirming the mobile port for a Western release. The Enix RPG, which first came to North America as Dragon Warrior 4 back in 1992, will be the series' second entry to reach international mobiles after Dragon Quest 8 back in May. No surprises but the mobile port is based on the 2008 DS version rather than the NES original.

As for the other upcoming games in Square Enix's line-up, Gamescom attendees can try out Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, Kindgom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix, and Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call. The publisher will also be showing Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn, Nosgoth and Dragon Quest 8 - again, no surprises, but no sign of Kingdom Hearts 3 or Final Fantasy 15 in the line-up.

This year's Gamescom conference begins on August 13, and we'll be there in Germany to cover all the major goings-on, including all the latest Kölsch stats.
    [Image: Square Enix]​
    Continue Reading

source:JoyStiq

16. Tron Bonne

Probably your best bet is Dragon Quest IX for the original DS. You can find the remakes for the DS and 3DS (which is 4-6, I believe), but IX is the cheapest to find in my experience. It has a FF style, so each game has a different story

17. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

[​IMG] A New Dragon Quest Monsters Game Is In Production Says Square Enix. August 4, 2014 . 2:57am

This weekend, fans gathered for the Dragon Quest Summer Festival that was held at the AiiA Theater at Tokyo.

18. Tron Bonne

Not even news, pretty expected. The question is what platform. I'm guessing it's sticking with Nintendo. I think, like Monster Hunter, they have a lock on the mainline series.

19. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

I'm hoping they do the all in one pack for North America ad the rest of the west . I'm hoping they just brig over here period. them a always wanting us all to demand for it .

20. Tron Bonne

It's not going to happening. The 3DS makes the fifth platform it's become available on and still no localization. Plus, since it's a MMO, I'm guessing it's not worth the effort to bring outside of Japan. DQ has enough of a fanbase outside the region to give the mainline games a modest success, but not big enough like FF to support a full MMO.

21. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

well you ever know til it's tried. that's all I'm saying. There seems to be alot people that really want it here. So it's up to them if they see it's worth the effort to ask ofr like what happened with operation Rain fall and we has Xeno blade and other come up here .

22. Tron Bonne

If it weren't a MMO, I would say there's a possibility, but no way they're going to sink money into localization and server maintenance in a region where 1 mil. is usually the ceiling for the main games and side games bomb. It's a dead dream, unfortunately. Best to just hope the next game gets a worldwide release.

23. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

That I can accept then.

24. zenith16

zenith16 Registered

Square Enix launching Dargon Quest 4 on iOS today

(1 hour ago)

[​IMG]
    Square Enix is bringing Dargon Quest 4 to the App Store as soon as this evening. A listing for the game appeared on the New Zealand App Store, which typically suggests the game will propagate to other regions throughout the day, including North America. Square Enix confirmed the iPhone and iPad version of Dargon Quest 4 late last week by including it in the publisher's Gamescom lineup. Dargon Quests 1-3 are, sadly, lost to time, their code consumed by the Great Dracky Infestation of '06.

Ok, obviously, this is just an unfortunate typo, but we thought it was worth a chuckle. What can we say? We're easily amused. Twitter similarly found the story worth poking fun at, using the hashtag #DargonQuestMyGame to collect similar new IPs like Lara Crafting: Tome Raider, Brad, Dante's In Fresno, BioSock, and Fire Embalm. Continue Reading

25. Tron Bonne

Dargon Quest?