The Official Eradicator Thread

i woudlnt have a problem if a women is the main villian. and i dont think everyone would have a problem if superman punches a women. after all if this women is capable of destroying the world then i dont seea problem.

Personally i want some big Terminator like Badass for Eradicator

personally, I'd go with the energy being style eradicator (he was never a robot anyways). The Silver Surfer effects really make the idea of the energy being Eradicator much more possible.

The gender of the eradicator could be vague. Kind of a blend b/w female and male, but all glowing and distorted. A gender bending villain. And i think it should have a communal voice (ie. like the borg kind of, with all the dead voices of krypton speaking in unison)

i hope dont see the erradicator in the next movie, i want a phisical rival

the eradicator is a physical being...

the eradicator is a physical being...

I'd like to see the Eradicator, in its real form, break from New Krypton was a smooth diamond like being -- think Emma Frost when she's diamoned-up or Iceman, but only of crystal. Then, as The Eradicator interacts or becomes aware of humanity, it alters its appearance (inherits) flesh characteristics to become a female humanoid.

You could even have her gestate crystals from her form, and in the end, recreate Jor-El's original crystals for Kal-el and his son, so that he may be raised the same way, a sort of heirlom.

that would be interesting, but I'm more of a fan of the Brainiac forming from the crystals... but maybe both can happen.

Sounds a bit like the Terminatrix but it's interesting,has anyone got some pics of his various looks ?

A female Eradicator could be interesting, but I don't think it's necessary. Actually, the Eradicator is sort of genderless to begin with, but takes on a male humanoid form.

eradicator.jpg

EradicatorSSF.jpg

Can you manip something using Superman Returns footage and include the Eradicator, or even use some of the Returns artwork?
if i will have time i would love to make this :up:

in case i forget please remind me :woot:

I will haunt you with my glowing eyes.

I saw that picture before. I like it...for a comic. I think the crystal aspects work better, especially since you could play with the whole crystals inherit the traits of the minerals that surround them in terms of how the Eradicator could look.

Plus, with Richard already there, alongside Brandon, I'm afraid of what another "superman-looking" character would do to the film. Plus, again, how does the Eradicator become human???? You know? Having it be a morphing crystal works a bit more logically, IMHO.

As to the costume, I'm hesitant to have the "S" pasted on its chest. Perhaps another symbol? The S is the crest for the House-of-El, and unless Jor-El created it (which is possible) there shouldn't be an S there. If he does, and The Eradicator functions as I said as an archive of Kryptonian knowledge, then yes, keep the S.

In terms of Brainiac, think of Brainiac more conceptually. The Eradicator gestates, a crystal beaing that evolves into a female humanoid form. She descends from NK to The Fortress, spawning a lime crystal from her side which when inserted, restructures the Fortress of Solitude, reloading all relevant information. Now, to have The Eradicator call this thing Brainiac would be ridicuously chessy since the history that yielded that name isn't there. However, you could have them call it Vrill-Dox, or what not, and have it be a Kryptonian construction program, a sentience behind the organization and arrangement of the crystals. Have Vrill-Dox rearrange the fortress, break into Earth's core...have the Fortress expand into a massive Artic structure, and the more I think of it -- and this is crazy -- have The Eradicator put Vrill to task by having him reverse the effects of Kryptonite so that it affects humans (i.e. anti-kryptonite).

The Eradicator and Brainiac thus will test if Jason should live because, should he not die when they release the black kryptonite into Earth's atmosphere causing a Earth verison of the "green plague," he'll be proven Kryptonian. Why do they want to clean Earth? Because humans are unworthy and Superman has failed to inspire them to a greater good...

Something like this, again, just writing this all out fairly fast. This all may seem very overt, but it could all be played and executed on some really cool, subtle thematic levels.

I like your overall ideas in regards to the Eradicator, but I don't like "it" as a woman if he is going to provide a physical conflict to Superman. If the Eradicator acted as a guide to Superman to replace Jorel then I am all for using a woman character.

I like your overall ideas in regards to the Eradicator, but I don't like "it" as a woman if he is going to provide a physical conflict to Superman. If the Eradicator acted as a guide to Superman to replace Jorel then I am all for using a woman character.

Yep, we're talking about it being a mothering figure at first to replace Jor-El. However, towards the end, becoming more agressive and violent. Having a woman be this just resonates on so many levels whether it be for providing a romantic rival for Lois Lane (not overly, but just enough), a Kryptonian mother figure for Jason, and also to contrast what I'd also have in my treatment: Luthor, Donovan, and Metallo.

Also, while I'd leave the fist-fighting to Metallo and Superman, I would probably have a singular confrontation, final confrontation, between The Eradicator and Superman, probably more of a chase, with Superman holding back his blows because he sees her as a woman, but ultimatly taking care of her by driving into her, pushing out through the atmosphere, driving through space, through asteroids towards the blazing sun which he barrels into while dragging her with him.

The Eradicator could play on the whole idea of what is the role of Superman, to what extent is too much? What are the lines of his power, when is he interfering? You could also play with the tension of Superman being a father now and being more intimately connected with Earth than ever before...so does Jor-El's warning still ring true? Doesn't a parent have an obligation to do all in their parent to create a better world for their children? With Jason, Superman has found a new moral imperative? Is he justified now in intervening in wars, defusing nucler annihilation, solving terrorism, world hunger, etc.? The Eradicator could come as an individaul to say that he's failed...countering this with Luthor and Donnovan trying to recreate a Superman, bastardizing the Gods, false idols, using the kryptonite shard with Superman's DNA on it.

Donnovan could work for a government agency that was trying to buffer the affects of Superman's absence. He can be a well-refined, yet fanatical believer -- and phobe -- of aliens, feeling that Superman is more dangerous than heroic. His first development is Metallo, a cyborg in the strictest sense of the word -- no liquid metal, no nanobots, we're talking a cyborg that by the film's end with find Kryptonite as his inexhaustible life source (metallo would be struggling with his own mechanical survival.) John Corbin, i.e. Metallo, was a family man whose family died wile they were on vacation, their train derailing. Corbin was near death but was rescued by Donnovan, who rebuilt him.

Donnovan's team is closely watching New Krypton, and also, he travels to Morroco and unearths Lex Luthor, offering amensty for his crimes, a huge sum of money, and a large plot of land outside Metropolis should he help him (he works for the gov't afterall) -- Luthor has the only remaining shard of kryptonite that is also laced with Superman's DNA. Luthor could manipulate Donnovan and gain the access he needs, stealing Metallo away from Donovan by playing on Metallo's hatred for Superman since he blames Superman for his family's death. Luthor plays on Metallo replacing Superman, something that Donovan stops short of doing. In the end, Luthor could also reveal to Donovan that his genetic experients in recreating a Superman for the gov't can be solved if he examines Jason, Superman's son. This can lead Donovan to Jason, a sort of X2, mansion scene where Richard had to protect Jason from being abducted and fails -- (think of a great moment that, Richard is already aware that Jason is not his, he and Superman have discussed it and superman has said that Jason must never know and must grow up as a child of Earth before becoming a man of Krypton. So, Richard is distraught but nevertheless, fights to his near-death to protect Jason and in the process, as Jason is yanked from the car or what not, he screams, "Daddy!" -- just a moment there) -- anyway...

This could be tied in with the Eradicator being disgusted with humanity, and now that she sees the bastardized blood being reproducesd, sets to taking out Donovan and crew. Superman is of cousre all caught up in the middle of this -- how? haven't htought of it...I tend to pin down what the actual villianous situation is first before figuring out what and how the hero will fit into it properly.

You could have the finale take place in the Fortress of Solitude, where as i said, Vrill Dox under the guidance of The Eradicator, is reversing Kryptonite to eradicate the entire Earth and prepare it for repopulation by Kryptonian survivors, should they find any or something.

Not a bad idea, I can see how those conflicts would fit nicely (what is Superman's identity, loyalty, purpose), even for Singer. However, I agree with those who want to see Eradicator fight Superman. There might be some tired of more Kryptonite exploration in the sequels, but we'll see.

However, I think you could get that angle for Braniac as well. Make him a physical force who understood Superman's ancestry, etc. Then you really wouldn't need an Eradicator.

that would be interesting, but I'm more of a fan of the Brainiac forming from the crystals... but maybe both can happen.

Brainiac didn't have anything to do with krypton until TAS if I remember correctly. I believe the TAS Brainiac, is infact a combination of the two characters into one. Infact, I've been seeing more and more over the years, that Brainiac has been adapted to be more like the eradicator in things like Smallville aswell. The eradicator would be a much more appropriate character to use, if it finds its genesis on NK. Brainiac, Eradicator, whatever you want to call it these days, a computer program that wants to do bad things (ie. TAS:collect all information and destroy the world, ala comics: change Earth into a new Krypton). It's the same thing now i guess.

Anyhow, why can't I find any pics of the original eradicator? All I can find are these crappy new black eradicator pics that have already been posted. Nevermind.

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/comic-covers/Post-Crisis-Covers/Superman-1991/adv480s-tb.html

thers my favorite eradicator cover, and one of my all time favorite covers on its own, I'd cross him with this pic, and the next.

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/comic-covers/Post-Crisis-Covers/Superman-1993/act693s-tb.html

This is how I like the eradicator the best, just energy with a physical form

I like the idea of the Eradicator being crystal, especially, if they tie it to the ice/crystal mask that Jor'el always turns into.

Hey, it could happen. I mean, Terence has the voice and his hair resembles to David Connor. Maybe he could play the Eradicator. Do you think so?:huh:

Have you seen Terrance stamp, hes an old man.And that would only make things worse for singar.

The objective here(hopefully) is to start distancing ourselves from the Donner movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"