The Official Euro 2008 Thread

What made the 3 previous matches so good was completely gone in this game. Russia rolled us, good.

Passes, combinations etc. etc. It looked like nothing :(
Damn, I feel like **** right now... drank a little too much. Its a tough one to swallow, especially because we WERE doing SO good!

Russians were like vodka you drink too much you don't know what hit you.

Screw Russia, they made Holland lose..

I supported Holland, ofcourse..

Holland wasn't really good, but we all know why.

Khalid Boulahrouz.

His early-born daughter died, and he just wasn't paying attention to anything.

And since the 0-1 Holland knew the match was over.

Damn.......

So i see that Spain have beaten their June 22 'curse' and gone through on penalties.

I'll admit i missed most of the match but what i did see didn't seem that good to me.... and don't get me started on whoever it was that crawled onto the pitch after being 'injured' just to stop the Spanish advance..

Bad form... very bad form.

Damn.......

So i see that Spain have beaten their June 22 'curse' and gone through on penalties.

I'll admit i missed most of the match but what i did see didn't seem that good to me.... and don't get me started on whoever it was that crawled onto the pitch after being 'injured' just to stop the Spanish advance..

Ive always liked Italy but I'm glad Spain won. Italy were so negative that it ruined the game, I don't really blame Donnadoni as this is poorest side Ive seen Italy have for a long time as far as creative and goal scoring players go.

Spain tried to play but it was like trying to pour smoke through a keyhole with Italy's back 9 set up.

Spain was taking it to Italy the entire game, Italy was playing very reserved, I think Spain deserved to win. It is going to be interesting, two sleeper teams (Russia & Turkey) going up against Spain & Germany. I am going to stick with Turkey for an upset to win it all.

Spain or Germany for me..... Turkey have had the most amazing luck to even be in the Semi finals.... If they get itno the final then i'm off down the shops and buying a lottery ticket.... If they win... well i've already stated my position if that happens

Russia were lucky as well IMHO... had Holland played like they had done in the groups then the game would have been dead and burried by half time ...IMHO

Damn.......

Italy always tries that tired act...oww I'm sooo hurt,then play stops.They are BS. They dive more than an olympic swim team. That official should never ref in a football match ever again..he should be fired

Well this Euro is horrendous for me. I have lost a few thousand in bets as all my teams have now lost. :mad:

I now think Germany will win unless Turkey again scores in the last minute :whatever:

Well this Euro is horrendous for me. I have lost a few thousand in bets as all my teams have now lost. :mad:

I now think Germany will win unless Turkey again scores in the last minute :whatever:

GOOD LORD AHURA.... a few thousand:wow:

So if you think Germany will win you probably should bet on Turkey. But if you do that then probably Germany will win... ;)

Semi-Final - today
Germany vs Turkey

Tomorrow
Spain vs Russia

Damn weather.....

Cool that Germany won, Turkey shouldn't have been in the Semi, justice is served imho.

I say it'll be a Germany Vs Spain final

Damn weather.....

Cool that Germany won, Turkey shouldn't have been in the Semi, justice is served imho.

Why shouldn't they have been in ? :confused:

I hate Ballack and thought Turkey played the better football tonight, fortunately for Germany they keep playing teams with keeper's that don't know how to come and take a high ball. :down

Damn weather.....

What game you were watching? Turkey should have been in the final because they played better than the Germans....:whatever:

They should have been knocked out against Croatia...

From what i saw with the powercut intteruptions it seemed to me that Turkey were quite rough... that penalty let off was a big point of the match. Had the ref given it then it would have been game over.

I felt a bit sorry for Turkey. They won me over over the past few games. I mean, they are far from the greatest team in the tourney but they just never gave up! Basically half their team last night was either injured or suspended and get Germany really struggled against them. I thought Turkey were the better team overall. Germany's defence looks very suspect. Still would not bet against them in the final of course. Especially if penalties are involved, lol.

Why shouldn't they have been in ? :confused:

I hate Ballack and thought Turkey played the better football tonight, fortunately for Germany they keep playing teams with keeper's that don't know how to come and take a high ball. :down

well, but Germany has this Lehmann guy, he is even worse :woot:

What game you were watching? Turkey should have been in the final because they played better than the Germans....:whatever:

Yet Gemany scored 3 goals :huh: hmm no Turkey played well and gave it there all, but German BEAT them thus DESERVE to go to the final why is this so hard for people to understand

Cagey first half tonight but Spain started the more confidently and Arshavin went missing. Sad that Villa got hurt but it was actually the catalyst to them winning the match with ease, Fabregas (coming on for Villa) literally dictated the second half, great game from Ramos, Silva and Iniesta as well. :up:

Come on Spain!! :D :up:

Yet Gemany scored 3 goals :huh: hmm no Turkey played well and gave it there all, but German BEAT them thus DESERVE to go to the final why is this so hard for people to understand

Come on man, winning doesn't mean you were the best team, a mistake, a piece of luck, a dive etc..can all change a matches outcome for the poorer team.

was Germany not a favorite or do lots of people just not like the German team....?

Come on man, winning doesn't mean you were the best team, a mistake, a piece of luck, a dive etc..can all change a matches outcome for the poorer team.

Where did I say Germany were the best team? but what I am getting at is this notion of Turkey DESERVE to be in the final, no no one DESERVES to win anything, you have to earn it, Turkey had there chances to win and did not take them, Germany took there chances and won, so whats the big deal. Anyhoo Germany for champs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"