The Official ''Fantastic Beasts 2: The Crimes of Grindelwald” Thread

Fantastic Beasts was a good origin story. Hopefully, The Crimes of Grindelwald will build the characters. We're going to get 5 movies in this timeline.

It's a huge universe. I wouldn't be surprised to see more Wizarding World movies after Fantastic Beasts.

I don't think JK Rowling wants to mess with her legacy with Harry Potter.

fantastic-beasts-crimes-2.jpg

Crimes-of-Grind.jpg

fantastic-beasts-cog-excl.jpg

bm5belv0n4b11.jpg

fb2_236712387329238039210.jpg

I think WB will release a 2nd trailer during their SDCC conference. I'm not sure if FB2 actually has a any presence at comic-con but a trailer will drop tonight.

I'd be surprised if they released a trailer this month. The first film got a teaser in April and a trailer in September. Nothing in July. The teaser for FB2 was released in March so I think the earliest we can expect a trailer is August. I'd love for them to surprise tho.

Well they showed a new trailer just now no telling if it will come online or not.

Also, here's Depp's in-character speech from the panel:

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1020733819521925121

ABSOLUTE CHILLS. Between the awesome new trailer and THIS, I don't wanna hear ANYMORE complaints about Depp playing Grindlewald from here on out! He's KILLING IT in the role so far, and THAT's why Rowling picked him. Are we 100% CLEAR, Internet?!

Last edited:
Glad I was wrong!:mrk:

Edit: It looks jam packed and fun. My only concern is some of the VFX are extremely fake looking. Are they still working on post production? If they are then hopefully the vfx will be improved before release.

Last edited:
So we meet Nicolas Flamiel finally.

I'm still not feeling this. I rolled my eyes at the boggart scene and the mirror of Erised. REMEMBER THAT?!

It looks kind of boring like they're just trying to event-ize this movie and follow the trend of all these universe movies and comes off as cynical to compete with Marvel. I get this is the Grindelwald battle, but the whole Fantastic Beasts and Newt being the protagonist just seems forced in there. You might as well just get rid of Newt and focus on Dumbledore vs Grindelwald if you're going to do that. This reminds me of the Hobbit movies. Fruitlessly stretching out unnecessary backstory.

I would be perfectly happy with a smaller scaled story of Newt and his friends dealing with a beast on another part of the globe. Fantastic Beasts and Newt had potential with making smaller Indiana Jones type separate stories, but no. Like every studio movie, we need it to be the biggest thing ever.

Last edited:
Glad I was wrong!:mrk:

Edit: It looks jam packed and fun. My only concern is some of the VFX are extremely fake looking. Are they still working on post production? If they are then hopefully the vfx will be improved before release.
Probably still working on it, but with a movie with this many effects, there is always going to be stuff that doesn't get enough attention.

The scale of this looks markedly larger than the first movie, could be fun.

I think the issue I’m having with this series is Newt. Not a good protagonist.

I think the issue I’m having with this series is Newt. Not a good protagonist.
I agree, I can't remember the dudes name but he lacks the charisma, charm or presence to be a great lead in this type of flick.

I agree, I can't remember the dudes name but he lacks the charisma, charm or presence to be a great lead in this type of flick.

I’ve been willing to give series a shot as I like Potter, but this just feels hollow in comparison, especially with its lead character.

I’m so excited. To me this series is like The Hobbit to the Lord of the Rings. Not nearly as good as the original series but gives us more into the world and gives fans what they need. I’m loving it and can’t wait for the release. I really enjoyed the first movie. It was a bit slow to start but it found its footing. I’m more excited about this being set in Europe and how that will look. I found the American setting rather bland and felt less magical.

WTF i am the opposite i feel redmayne has all those qualities in spades and a very likeable lead character he especially has tons of charm

The whole "antsy, not very good with people genius who has something like autism but we won't call it that" protagonist is big these days.

The whole "antsy, not very good with people genius who has something like autism but we won't call it that" protagonist is big these days.

Yeah...but he's not trying to be awkwardly funny. He just loves collecting pokemon.

This one looks more ambitious. I hope I can get into the series from here.

Last edited:
The whole "close-up of Dumbledore's face to a close-up of Grindelwald's" transition show was, well-done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"