The Official Flash Thread

Discussion in 'DC Comics Films' started by dancing_on_fire, Nov 4, 2007.

?

Your Preferred Flash For This Movie (Regardless who it ends up being officially)

1. Jay Garrick

2. Barry Allen

3. Wally West

4. Bart Allen

5. Jay Garrick

6. Barry Allen

7. Wally West

8. Bart Allen

9. Jay Garrick

10. Barry Allen

11. Wally West

12. Bart Allen

13. Jay Garrick

14. Barry Allen

15. Wally West

16. Bart Allen

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Wally's still more powerful

http://en.dcdatabaseproject.com/Wallace_West_(New_Earth)#Powers

2. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

I would love to pipe in on the who is more powerful flash but i dont read dc comics i am a marvel person and only things of flash i know is from the 90s tv show and cartoons and from what i read about online on the characters.

3. protocida Registered

Keep on mind:

POWER RANK:

4. Jay Garrick.
    3. Barry Allen.
    2. Wally West.
    1. Bart Allen (Dead).

4. The Guard Registered

When did they kill off Bart Allen? Did he merge with the Speed Force or something?

5. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

Yea i thought bart is the current flash when they started that new title the other year flash: the fastest man alive or what ever it is called.

6. protocida Registered

Bart stayed four years inside the Speed Force keeping Superboy-Prime controlled.

After that, he return, keeping all the Speed Force in his body. He start dating a girl named Valeria Perez and become a cientific cop like Barry.

Inertia, his genetical Twin, reunited the rogue gallery and attacked Bart, eventually killing him. When the Legion bring Wally back from the place he ran to during the fight with Superboy-Prime, he attacked Inertia and froze him in front of Bart's memorial.

7. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

But isnt he currently the flash though who is the flash in the comics currently then cause barry is dead, wally is dead to right?

8. protocida Registered

No.

Wally, Linda and their children were stuck in to a ''Paraside'' outside Speed Force. When JLA and JSA joined to find the members of the LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES stuck in the present, Brainiac 5 opened a portal to were Wally was stuck, and him and his family got back.

He is the actual Flash. His children, Jai and Iris, are the new Tornado Twins.

9. Webhead2006 The Web-Swinger

Ah ok yea as i said i dont read dc comics so i am not up todate on who is who and what is going on.

10. protocida Registered

That's what happened till far.

But Barry can return during the ''Final Crisis''.

11. M.O.Steel Wayne Inc. Tech Support

i just watched it, and it still felt like a wise-craking flash to me. sure, not the token smart-ass, but it still seemed like what i always pictured him.

12. protocida Registered

Flash/Barry = Smart ass.

Flash/Wally - Wise-cracking.

13. Injust07 Hop Scotch Pro

I didnt now Jai and Iris were called the Tornado Twins. Thats so lame... but then again, so are they. So I guess it fits.

14. M.O.Steel Wayne Inc. Tech Support

hmmm...sounds the same to me.

15. The Major Registered

The cartoon seriously altered his personality. They merged his personality with Impulse so he could be the comedy relief.

In the comics Wally is a genius at improvising by using both real science and made up science (Speed Force) not a dumb smart ass.

16. protocida Registered

Actually, he begun as a Smart-Ass. He slapped Fire's ass 350 times per minute in ''JLI''.

17. The Major Registered

JLI, while it is good, is a parody series. Everyone was a joke in that.

I'm not saying Wally didn't make some snarky comments early in his career but he was never Deadpool.

18. M.O.Steel Wayne Inc. Tech Support

most smart-ass aren't dumb, they are the smart kids. Dumb kids are jerks, smart kids are smart-asses. you need to be clever to be on.

19. Injust07 Hop Scotch Pro

20. M.O.Steel Wayne Inc. Tech Support

yeah but that's like comparing the neighborhood kid to michael jordan.

A large part of deadpool's charcter is being a smart ass. But there are other heroes too, like spiderman, and flash, that are wise-cracking. Superman and batman might throw a line here and there, but they are in a different category.

21. The Major Registered

Only Wally's much more complex then being a smart ass. He's more like Spiderman then Deadpool.

That's why I don't like the JLU version of him that much. He got better in later seasons but he's nowhere near as intelligent like he is in the comics.

A few lines here and there are fine. Being a constant smart ass who contributes nothing to the team aside from running fast shouldn't be all Wally can bring to JL. He's been mentored most of his super-hero career by a scientist! He's not an idiot obsessed with pop culture.

22. The Major Registered

Wally wasn't that smart on JLU. Most of the time all he bought to the team was comic relief. I want Wally to be more then that in live action.

Making funny insults doesn't mean they're intelligent. Just insightful and good at improvisation. Wally's got a bit of that but he does more with it then making jokes. He uses his environment and abilities to hurt enemies with while moving at fast speeds under constant pressure.

23. M.O.Steel Wayne Inc. Tech Support

Ok. I just brought it up because someone else said that he is a super-smart chemist. I don't think he sat on the sidelines and made jokes, i think he was in the mix of the action also. But when you have epic serious individuals like superman, batman, martain manhunter, it seems like he is the funny one. I just watched New Frontier, and he was making wise-cracks there also.

signs of being intelligent. those are actually better signs than doing well and getting good grades.

24. M.O.Steel Wayne Inc. Tech Support

Read my post carefully. I said that he's not like deadpool because that is part of his character, but there are others like spiderman. Thereby, i'm comparing him to spiderman. So did you agree or disagree with that?

I agree, but every time i watch JLU, i do always see him in some form actively helping in the situation. so i don't see why it needs to be one or the other. you can have both.

And you can't deny that amongst individuals like batman, superman, Martian manhunter, and WW, the guy who says the funny line ends up being the token comic-relief. Doesn't mean he isn't a serious member of the team.

25. protocida Registered

Wally is the comic relieve. Specially since it's his first years, when he was more smart-ass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.