The Official Flash Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, i disagree that he's a more interesting character. Barry was a pioneer. His adventures were new and fresh, he wasn't some guy just fighting his mentor's battles/doing what his mentor would be doing if he were there. He was original. Everyone wants to see how Batman's first encounter with the Joker was, not see Robin take over as batman and fight all of Batman's venemies. That's the way it is with Wally. Barry was much more inventive, or creative, or smarter or whatever you wanna call it than Wally. Wally's just following what Barry left, Barry didn't have anybody to follow who did everything before. Wally didn't create that Flash ring or costume design, etc BARRY DID. So as far as I'm concerned, barry's always has been and always will be the best. Even tho i like Wally too.

well, nightwing is pretty popular.

"You keep coming back to "some guy fighting his mentor's battles", and you just seem to want to look at it that way without approaching Wally as an individual. I could pull the same with Barry and Jay Garrick, but I won't."

Wally is an individual, but that's essentially what he'd doing. Nothing wrong with that either.

"He was original, in terms of characterization, just as Wally is, but he wasn't the first. Jay Garrick was the first Flash."

The first Flash that was cancelled and then wiped out of continuity for a time. You can't really count him because he doesn't pertain directly to Barry Allen OR Wally West or the Flash as we know him today. you don't see the current Flash with blue clothes and a helmet, do you? The Flash as we know him today is an extension of the Silver Age Flash, Barry Allen that has been around since the fifties. Started the Silver Age, dude. Hence why all the Flashes since then look like him, he's the one that they're all based on.

"Wally's got his own enemies, too."

True, but NOTHING compared to the ones Barry had. He aint got **** on Barry in that area, sorry.

"He may have been smarter, more but inventive, creative, etc...what are you basing this on?"

Police Scientist much? Did you ever even read more than one (1) Barry comic? The dude is brilliant! Just look at what he acomplished! The only reason why there is a Flash as we know him is because of HIM!

"Who cares if Barry invented the basic elements of his suit? Are we discussing the suit, or the character? A costume is just a costume, not a characterization. And the Flash ring is just a gimmick. And hell, Wally can create his costume out of the Speed Force itself, that's much cooler."

Um.... the character created the suit. If it weren't for him there would be no Flash suit or persona, which means no Kid Flash ad eventually no Wally or Bart Flash. Barry created the suit, NOT Wally or Bart. Sorry. And the ring kicks ash. Barry was bright enough to come up with other ways of storing his costume, instead of relying on his powers for that, he used his brain. I respect that. He was highly intellegent. Wally or Bart or even Jay NEVER would've come up with the stuff Barry did. But Wally and Bart, they're second generation, they don't have to. :oldrazz:

LOL! Yeah... true.

lol...i'm just teasing.

i actually don't have enough investment in flash to tell who is the best one or why one would be better than the other. i was a fan of the 90s TV show and that's really my only exposure to flash, so i would naturally pick barry.

lol...i'm just teasing. i actually don't have enough investment in flash to tell who is the best one or why one would be better than the other.

i was a fan of the 90s TV show and that's really my only exposure to flash, so i would naturally pick barry.

LOL! 's OK. ya had me fooled tho.....

Great talking with ya, man. :yay:

LOL! 's OK. ya had me fooled tho.....

Great talking with ya, man. :yay:

well, i did have a point, i just didn't want you to think i was ganging up on you or anything. i was just giving you a hard time

same here.:yay:

For me;

The Flash should be Barry Allen. During the movie, Barry dies. In the funeral, The Justice League met Wally West, a youg rebell with a power came straight from the speed force. He assumes Flash's identedy in the ending.

For me;

The Flash should be Barry Allen. During the movie, Barry dies. In the funeral, The Justice League met Wally West, a youg rebell with a power came straight from the speed force. He assumes Flash's identedy in the ending.

Isn't that what WB's original script was supposed to be?

There was another thread about that script. Not sure if it was a fake or not.

That's AWESOME. I hope I can get them.

Good luck.

Thank you, brotherman. I've been dyin to get my hands on Return of barry Allen. They say it help made a lot of barry fans enjoy Wally more.

Haven't got that yet.

I'm behind on my Flash trades. lol

Please do, it's some of Waid's greatest work, IMHO, and it has some my all time fave hal/Barry moments in it. It's a must for any fan of Flash or
GL.

Cool.

Thanks and I agree. I know it's impossible, but my Flash dream project would be a series of six films, the first focusing on Barry, the second still focusing on Barry but introducing Wally as Kid Flash and the third being the "death of Barry Allen" and the fourth, fifth and six focusing on Wally. That'd be SWEET. That way the audience would know who all the characters are and would really relate to Wally when Barry dies and kind of grow with him as he becomes the Flash, they'd understand his loss. THAT'd be soo cool, IMO.

That would be cool.

I would have Wally be the current Flash who has flashbacks to his life with Barry. Iris would be in the cast so he'd have someone to talk about Barry with. Have the Flash museum etc.

The first film would begin with Barry dying on screen in front of Wally while stopping a bad guy. The bad guy would be Wally's first enemy he'd have to fight alone.

The Rogues Gallery would be the major bad guys in the films. The Johns versions of Captain Cold, Mirror Master, Heatwave, Weather Wizard and Magenta or Cold's sister.

I agree, I'd love to have Barry back, but I think Wally should still remain the main Flash. What would Wally do, go back to being Kid Flash?

They kicked Kyle off his own title permanently and demoted him into being an ordinary GL after he lost Ion.

Then again Johns would have more respect for Wally since he wrote the Flash title for years.

It really depends on what Johns and Didio want to do with Barry. I could see him easily taking over Flash to make Wally supporting cast. Perhaps making Wally retire or give him a new super-hero identity.

I think not. I think it'd be cool tho, if for an issue or two every now and then, Wally takes a break from being Flash to spend more time with his fam and Barry takes over for a day. I'd like that every once and a while. It'd also be cool too, to have Jai and Iris hang out with their great uncle at some Flash barbecues and family get togethers. But unless they do a HUGE retcon and start fresh again, i don't see them using Barry as the main Flash a possibility. I still think an All Star Barry book is an AWESOME idea tho. How'd one get that made?? ...... maybe i'll write to Wizard about that.

I wouldn't rule it out completely.

It's to bad DC doesn't have the speedster family anymore. :(

Bart's dead, Jay's off in the JSA, Max is MIA, Jesse Quick lost her speed powers, XS is most likely retconed from existence during Infinite Crisis.

Now THAT's another cool idea. Didn't think of that. I think he'd do well as a JLA reserve member too.

So do I.

It would even give him time with Jay.

Other then JSA I'm unsure what team he'd fit best on.

JLA should be Wally's, he wouldn't fit on the Titans teams and I'm not sure he'd belong on Outsiders or Infinite Inc.

that's great bro! All that I've read of Waid's stuff, Barry or Wally is good. And Year one is no exception. He really writes them both well, IMO.

Agreed.

Is anyone else reading teen Titans Year one? I'm thinking about picking it up, I hear that Kid Flash Wally and Barry Flash are big parts in it.

Might get the trade. Definitely gonna pick up the Huntress: Year One mini.

Guard, as far as i know, The movie will feature the two flashes in the league.

My vision os let Wally for the sequel.

well yes the the rumored script did have both barry and wally for the film.

....and here are those pictures I drew of an alternate Flash movie suit. i know they aren't very good and look cartooney, but I figured it would give you guys an idea of what I was talking about:

scan0001.jpg

Incase that didn't work, here's the link: http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh147/GLKEL/scan0001.jpg

If they weren't going to use the gold boots, this is what i'd want to see.

I hope they use the boots tho....

Also, feel free to do with the pic as you like...

I Don't know.

I Stick with the TV Version (Only take the fake muscles out.)

They kicked Kyle off his own title permanently and demoted him into being an ordinary GL after he lost Ion.

Then again Johns would have more respect for Wally since he wrote the Flash title for years.

It really depends on what Johns and Didio want to do with Barry. I could see him easily taking over Flash to make Wally supporting cast. Perhaps making Wally retire or give him a new super-hero identity.

I wouldn't rule it out completely.

It's to bad DC doesn't have the speedster family anymore. :(

Bart's dead, Jay's off in the JSA, Max is MIA, Jesse Quick lost her speed powers, XS is most likely retconed from existence during Infinite Crisis.

So do I.

It would even give him time with Jay.

Other then JSA I'm unsure what team he'd fit best on.

JLA should be Wally's, he wouldn't fit on the Titans teams and I'm not sure he'd belong on Outsiders or Infinite Inc.

Agreed.

You know.....I was thinking.....we still get to read Kyle Rayner and now we get Hal Jordan to, in two seperate books; Green Lantern Corps and Green Lantern. So why don't they just do two Flash books if they bring Barry back? Wally gets to be the main Flash in the regular Flash: Fastest Man Alive title and Barry gets to be Flash in another title called FLASH: CENTRAL. Why can't there be two Flashes at one time? Wally West defends his homeplace, Keystone City, and Barry Allen defends his homeplace, Central City, hence the name "Flash: Central".

I think that'd ^ be a pretty kick ash idea, personally.

Also, another reason why I think they should use Barry Allen in the JLA movie is so they can use Wally West as Kid Flash in a Teen Titans movie and have him reference the Flash in the JLA movie and likewise the Flash in JLA reference his "sidekick" Kid Flash/Wally. That way if Barry dies on the big screen they'll have set it up so Wally West/Kid Flash can become the new Flash in a Flash movie without having to explain who Kid Flash is cuz audiences will know him from Teen Titans.

You know.....I was thinking.....we still get to read Kyle Rayner and now we get Hal Jordan to, in two seperate books; Green Lantern Corps and Green Lantern.

Rayner deserves his own solo title IMO. There was no reason, in the comics or from DC itself that I remember, why he was kicked off the GL flagship title when he already had a great run on that title for a decade.

Since Hal was bought back they should have put him in GLC not Kyle.

Once Hal got bought back all Kyle got was a mini-series, not an ongoing, appeared sporatically in th GL titles until after SWC he finally got sent to GLC (which is an ensemble book, fine for Guy but to little to late for Kyle) after he got depowered into a normal GL during SCW.

They should have given Kyle a spin-off ongoing with an A-list writer at the helm.

So why don't they just do two Flash books if they bring Barry back? Wally gets to be the main Flash in the regular Flash: Fastest Man Alive title and Barry gets to be Flash in another title called FLASH: CENTRAL. Why can't there be two Flashes at one time? Wally West defends his homeplace, Keystone City, and Barry Allen defends his homeplace, Central City, hence the name "Flash: Central".

I think that'd ^ be a pretty kick ash idea, personally.

Also, another reason why I think they should use Barry Allen in the JLA movie is so they can use Wally West as Kid Flash in a Teen Titans movie and have him reference the Flash in the JLA movie and likewise the Flash in JLA reference his "sidekick" Kid Flash/Wally. That way if Barry dies on the big screen they'll have set it up so Wally West/Kid Flash can become the new Flash in a Flash movie without having to explain who Kid Flash is cuz audiences will know him from Teen Titans.

I'd be cool with all of this.

I have to say Ryan Reynolds for the flash...too bad John Wesley Shipp is too old :p

Yea RR would probably be a good flash to bad that isnt going to happen.

what would be cool is if they ever did make a movie, they could use barry and wally, with john wesley shipp as barry and RR for wally. it could be something like the new zorro films, where the old one passed it on to the new guy within the movie.

or what if they got shipp as jay garrick flash, rr as barry, and some younger actor for wally.

or what if they got shipp as jay garrick flash, rr as barry, and some younger actor for wally.

sure.

i would think that 3 flashes would be too complex for one movie. but if you wanna bump shipp up to garrick, and have rr as barry, that's cool too, or they can get a very creative story where you can get all 3, then that would be awesome too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"