The Official FLASHPOINT Film (2020) News And Speculation Thread

Exactly why it's silly to do a version of Flashpoint so soon. You do Flashpoint then what? A small solo film with the Rogues? But we just had this epic JL 1.5 in the first solo film?

They are making the same mistakes on the TV show. Flashpoint came way too early and fizzled out into a very dull aftermath story. They are also introducing characters too soon.

As to the movies, I'd much rather see The Flash is a solo, straightforward adventure against his non-speedster villain or villains rather than fighting a guy who is the same as he is.

They are making the same mistakes on the TV show. Flashpoint came way too early and fizzled out into a very dull aftermath story. They are also introducing characters too soon.

As to the movies, I'd much rather see The Flash is a solo, straightforward adventure against his non-speedster villain or villains rather than fighting a guy who is the same as he is.

I don't watch the Flash TV show but I understand a lot of people didn't like the way it handled Flashpoint.

I don't watch the Flash TV show but I understand a lot of people didn't like the way it handled Flashpoint.

Because it was taken care of in the same ep and the ramifications weren't remotely as dire.
The only effect it had on Arrow was Diggle's kid had a sex change.

Because it was taken care of in the same ep and the ramifications weren't remotely as dire.
The only effect it had on Arrow was Diggle's kid had a sex change.

Okay, guess I can see their point! :funny:

I hope we get all the cameos from the animated movie like:

Lex Luthor
Deathstroke
Ocean-Master
Aqualad
Tempest
Steve Trevor
Lois Lane
Shazam
Superman
Hal Jordan

And my personal switch: Replace Captain Atom with Martian Manhunter being the weapon. The Flashpoint world ends as the White Martians come to claim the last Green of Mars. When Flash corrects the timeline, J'onn is now a founding member of League. Seriously I want MMH in the slate :( either this or MOS2. JL2 is too far away.

We need to accept that a direct adaptation ain't happening and more so that using the film as a soft reboot probably ain't in the cards as well.

Justin Kroll has an update.

Kroll reveals that he’s heard the studio is taking a step back and waiting to see how well Justice League performs financially (and critically) before moving forward with multiple films a year. He says he’s been tracking directors for Flashpoint and other DC films, but has heard they’re slowing those searches down.

It's getting desperate my Hype brethren.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?p=35879631&styleid=1

Reek has mounted an insane comeback. Ten good stout Hypesters can turn the tide.

tumblr_n75792iGvS1qlxvxuo1_500.gif

Justin Kroll has an update.

Kroll reveals that he’s heard the studio is taking a step back and waiting to see how well Justice League performs financially (and critically) before moving forward with multiple films a year. He says he’s been tracking directors for Flashpoint and other DC films, but has heard they’re slowing those searches down.

Doesn't really surprise me in all honesty.

I think it's not just financially. They probably also want to see what aspects or moments resonate with the fans. That way they can increase whatever said qualities in the solo films or sequels. I won't be surprised if AQUAMAN gets some re-shoot material in to give the fans more of something that audience's enjoyed from JL.

Doesn't really surprise me in all honesty.

A perfectly sensible course of action in the circumstances. Good to see WB actually slowing down a little and being more considered. Can only lead to better movies.

A perfectly sensible course of action in the circumstances. Good to see WB actually slowing down a little and being more considered. Can only lead to better movies.

This.

If less films each year means better films, then I can't complain. Curious to see how they plan on adapting this

Just watched Superhero News

So WB is slowing down for like...2 weeks? To see how JL performs.

Hughes said it's more looking at how each character/their relationships are received by the audiences, so they can assess and mold this film, which is basically a team up film or sequel to JL in a way. Mentioned Remekis, Vaughn and Whedon (Joss as writer?)

The last article he wrote about FP was basically Gal already signed and the movie's out 2020. So ya if JL tanks then plans change but it's more observing the reception of these JL members before accelerating on the next team up project. Those two guys' points don't contradict each other

I think it is smart to wait and if this film is used as a sequel to JL in a sense then I am not opposed to that it would be like taking a Captain America Civil War approach in that sense

I'm curious to see how this will all play out. I like the idea of Cyborg featured heavily in the movie.

I'm curious to see how this will all play out. I like the idea of Cyborg featured heavily in the movie.

Although I've never been a huge fan of Cyborg as a character I did like the way he was portrayed in Flashpoint.

During an exclusive interview with ComicBook.com, Justice League star Ezra Miller talked about what he would like to see in the upcoming The Flash movie from the Flashpoint comics.

"I think that the emotional arc of the Thomas Wayne stuff in Flashpoint is one of the illest [parts]. And to see that different manifestation of Batman and his whole different style," said Miller.

"And I love the reality that you have this universe that is so inverted from the one that we know. And this one factor remains the same, but in this flipped way. Batman is steady, but it's going to be the result of a different side of the same tragedy with Thomas Wayne instead of Bruce, and that's dope."

Of course, in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Thomas Wayne was played by The Walking Dead actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan. When we asked Miller if he would like to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan take on that Batman role in Flashpoint, Miller was very enthusiastic.

"Oh, hell yeah. I think he's amazing," said Miller. "And I think he would fall right into what is becoming a very, very serious ensemble of actors. I'm so excited about Kiersey Clemons. I'm so excited about Billy Crudup. I just couldn't be more stoked about the names involved so far."

http://comicbook.com/dc/amp/2017/11/05/justice-league-ezra-miller-JEFFREY-dean-morgan-thomas-wayne-/

During an exclusive interview with ComicBook.com, Justice League star Ezra Miller talked about what he would like to see in the upcoming The Flash movie from the Flashpoint comics.

"I think that the emotional arc of the Thomas Wayne stuff in Flashpoint is one of the illest [parts]. And to see that different manifestation of Batman and his whole different style," said Miller.

"And I love the reality that you have this universe that is so inverted from the one that we know. And this one factor remains the same, but in this flipped way. Batman is steady, but it's going to be the result of a different side of the same tragedy with Thomas Wayne instead of Bruce, and that's dope."

Of course, in Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Thomas Wayne was played by The Walking Dead actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan. When we asked Miller if he would like to see Jeffrey Dean Morgan take on that Batman role in Flashpoint, Miller was very enthusiastic.

"Oh, hell yeah. I think he's amazing," said Miller. "And I think he would fall right into what is becoming a very, very serious ensemble of actors. I'm so excited about Kiersey Clemons. I'm so excited about Billy Crudup. I just couldn't be more stoked about the names involved so far."

http://comicbook.com/dc/amp/2017/11/05/justice-league-ezra-miller-JEFFREY-dean-morgan-thomas-wayne-/

It would indeed be fantastic. I love that storyline and Morgan is awesome. It's been conjectured for a while, let's hope it happens.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/11/16/ezra-miller-flashpoint-update/

In 2011, writer Geoff Johns sent the Flash on a time-twisting journey that is still reverberating across every conceivable DC universe. In “Flashpoint,” Barry Allen awakens in a world that is familiar yet strange. He no longer has superspeed. His dead mother is alive. And the world’s heroes are…different. “Flashpoint” altered DC history, setting the stage for a companywide relaunch.

So it was a special shock at Comic-Con this past July when Warner Bros. announced that Flashpoint would be the title of the speedster’s solo film “What fans understand when they hear Flashpoint,” teases Ezra Miller, “would be almost like hearing a word like ‘Crisis.’ We start to understand that our precious DC universe will inevitably be torn asunder to an endless, headache-inducing fabric of multiversality. The DC Hyper-Extended Multiverse, as I plan to call it. Quote me!”

Flashpoint” has actually already been adapted twice to the screen, in the animated The Flashpoint Paradox and on the CW’s Flash. But Johns — who co-created the TV series and has a lead creative role in the DC Extended Universe — says the live-action film will explore new ground. “There’s elements in it that we’re going to be playing into that we couldn’t do anywhere else,” Johns explains. “The scale of it, the Batman story of it all.” Note that he doesn’t specify which Batman. The Dark Knight of the “Flashpoint”-verse was Bruce Wayne’s father, Thomas, so there might be a call out for upper-middle aged actors to don the cowl. (Heck: Michael Keaton?)

But Fisher admits he hasn’t seen a Flashpoint script yet. And the film’s development has withstood a few real-world timeline reboots. Warner Bros. hired buzzy Dope director Rick Famuyiwa to helm the Flash-centric film, and even brought him onstage at Comic-Con last year film. But Famuyiwa departed, and the initial 2018 release date fell by the wayside. Warner Bros’ president Toby Emmerich recently told the Wall Street Journal‘s Ben Fritz that the studio was close to hiring a director for the Flash solo film. “The development of the project has been a little Barry Allen-like in its mercurial tendencies,” Miller admits. “But it looks more promising and more exciting than any of the other stages of development that we’ve been in.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"