Comics The Official GAMBIT Discussion thread - Part 1

Not really, lol. I thought those two were a better fit. :)

Joseph was even better. :D

Joseph was even better. :D

The Joseph storyline did produce one of my favorite Gambit quotes ever:

"So why's everybody callin' him "Joseph"? What is dat all about? Maybe I should just start callin' myself somethin' different. James. "Gambit?" No, I'm James."

Lol, back in the good ole days when people actually wrote Gambit well. :)

Yeah, but he's rare. In the regular books it seems to me they don't quite kow what to do with him. :(

GAMBIT2012012COV_col.jpg

GAMBIT #12 & 13
JAMES ASMUS (W)
#12: CLAY MANN (A) • #13: DIOGENES NEVES (A)
Cover by CLAY MANN
• GAMBIT may be in over his head…
• JOELLE, the woman he’s fighting to save, the one he may be falling for, is on the brink of death. But could the secret she’s been keeping be the key to her survival?
• Meanwhile, Gambit’s former flame and current Uncanny Avenger ROGUE must decide whether she’ll help him save Joelle or bring him in.
• And the villainous TOMBSTONE? Well, he’s willing to cut down any and all of ‘em to get what he wants…
32 PGS. (EACH)/Rated T+ …$2.99 (EACH)

prv15408_cov.jpg

prv15408_pg1.jpg

prv15408_pg2.jpg

prv15408_pg3.jpg

prv15408_pg4.jpg

prv15408_pg5.jpg

GAMBIT #9
JAMES ASMUS (W)
CLAY MANN (A/C)
• Gambit’s hot on the heels of the lady thief who first crossed his path in issue #1!
• But what secret is she hiding that may just spell doom for our hero?
• And how will he manage to steal her away from the horde of super villains she’s surrounded herself with?
32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

Looking forward to it. :D

How is this series? I have to admit, I haven't been reading it.

I enjoy it but I do have a strong bias, being the huge Gambit fan that I am. :D

The upcoming issues looks good! It has almost a Whedonesque sense of humor! Can't wait to get hold it. Remy never could step away from a damsel in distress.

How is this series? I have to admit, I haven't been reading it.

I like it a lot, although like Squeeks, I'm a longtime fan. But we have suffered from some terrible Gambit storylines over the past 15 years, but Asmus seems to really understand the character. It has a good balance of adventure, humor and action that a lot of the X-titles seems to be lacking these days.

What did everyone think of the last issue? I think it might be my favorite of the series so far. The dialogue was really sharp and funny in the right places. I love the use of Gambit's classic costume. And Gambit and Rogue's interaction seemed more along the lines of the old days, just without all the flirting. Still not sure exactly how I feel about Joelle, but I didn't not like her in this issue.

I thought it was great. If I had any complaint, it would be that the issues are far too short. :D

GAMBIT2012014COV_col.jpg

GAMBIT #14
JAMES ASMUS (W)
DIOGENES NEVES (A)
Cover by STEPHANE ROUX
• Unable to go to his agents at MI13 for help, Pete Wisdom calls in his favor and tasks Gambit with recovering a stolen enchanted artifact.
• And if this cover is any indication, this task is right up the Ragin’ Cajun’s alley!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

prv15789_cov.jpg

prv15789_pg1.jpg

prv15789_pg2.jpg

prv15789_pg3.jpg

prv15789_pg4.jpg

GAMBIT #10
JAMES ASMUS (W) • CLAY MANN (A/C)
• Desperate to learn the lady thief’s secret, Gambit joins Joelle on a heist that may even be too much for him to handle…especially when the villainous Tombstone gets involved!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"