The Official Ghost Rider Hype Lounge!

Well they said they would start actual shooting this fall/winter of 2003 for a 2004 summer/winter release. however i have a feeling we will more than likely see it sometime in 2005.

The way these comic movies are going these days Id probably vote on a 2k5 release as well, I somehow think Fantastic 4 will be in the same boot as well.

Btw ive been thinking about what you peoples said about the whole anything he picks up becomes all hellishly twisted and demented only be turned into a powerful weapon for ghost riders uses, i really actally like the sound of that over the hellfire from the hands now. Because i think they could so some rather cool things playing around with that idea of having things all twisted and warped.

i wanna see demonic deformed shotguns with things like skulls on it shooting hellfire and loooooooooong machets surrounded by fire... that could work out so well and look incredible ! i think they could make a violent pg-13 movie as someone said, it worked with the two towers...BUT they definitely have to make dvd version with a hell lot of violent r-rated scenes...so we also could get an r-rated gr movie ! and i'm with BigBastard i want to see blackheart (especially if he looks like on that pic...) that would be so sweet to see the two battling it out !
i hope when the movie comes out that my local theatres will have gr posters...

I was doing a reading from earlier in this tread, and I noticed that someone stated that the 90's series ended with GR as the new king of Hell. Could I get a little more explanation on this. I stopped collecting comics right about the time Dan Ketch got his throat ripped out by BlackOut, and was trapped in GR form.

The 90's series finale was pretty bad..imo. basically what happened was that GR was part angel and part demon. i think his true purpose was to destroy mephisto but he didnt have any memory of this. anyway blackheart had killed his father mephisto in another book and took over hell. he then made it where GR had to come to hell for some reason and one thing leads to another..GR and blackheart fight...GR "suddenly discovers" these unknown powers and kills blackheart and becomes king of hell.
there was supposed to be a final issue they would have tied all the loose ends but sales were so bad they didnt even bother printing it!
it was a terrible way to end the series...but the book was getting so bad no one seemed to care anymore. lets just hope marvel learns it lesson next time (if there is one)

Hey guys...check out this auction at ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3139264051&category=348

this is a custom 12" Ghost Rider that someone made on their own...looks neat!

Thanks for the info Biggun! Half angel half demon, that does sound pretty bad.

If they do make a GR movie, it will probably be R.

Originally posted by MarvelMovies
They already said they were aiming for a PG-13 movie.. so I don't think it will be R, unless there is a director's cut version or something like that...

it should be R. They're trying to make movies that should be R into PG-13. Blade was R. DD and GR should (have) be R b/c they're very violent and mature in the comics. Even in the ML GR, the comic included was very violent.

HAHA! Marvel Movies...did you notice the skull bunny slipper Ghostie is wearing? thats hilarious. guess GR isnt such a tough guy after all...heh

119.00 bucks is pretty good for a custom. lets hope that Marvel sees the demand and decides to make a nice 12" Marvel Studio figure for 50.00.

lots of people are saying that GR should be R.....but it really doesnt need to be. even the comic book was never more than a "pg-13". GR doesnt kill people ....he much rather give them the penance stare and let them go insane for the rest of their natural lives.....a fate much worse than death IMO. he does have a habit of savagely beating evil doers though....but again there are tons of pg-13 films that have pretty intense fight scenes. a film can be much more effective by implying gore than actually showing it. in daredevil you know the guy was cut in half by the subway train and it wasnt shown in gory detail. gore definately has its place believe me....some of my fave horror films are veryyy gory (dawn of the dead is one) but its not needed all the time.

i guess the skull bunny slippers are a joke on the bunny slippers the hulk used to wear in his professor form !
good idea, though !
i hope toybiz or whoever will bring out lots of gr action figures !

I used to have a ghost rider action figure ( I have the new Legends one now, the alternate Danny Ketch one) it came with a mini comic and a spinning chain action. there was a whole range available, Vengeance, Zarathos, Blaze, Mephisto, I want mine but hey its gone.

Ohh what .....no Blackheart.....damn :D eheheh. Hardly think Blackhearts a significant enough character to have a figure.

Do any of you guys watch American Chopper, I think it comes on either the Discovery Channel or TLC. I bet those guys could design a really bad-ass bike for the GR movie. If you've seen the show you know what I mean. They design custom bikes, they did one with a spider-man theme.

Originally posted by SPIDER-BONE
Do any of you guys watch American Chopper, I think it comes on either the Discovery Channel or TLC. I bet those guys could design a really bad-ass bike for the GR movie. If you've seen the show you know what I mean. They design custom bikes, they did one with a spider-man theme.

is that the show with jesse james because i saw him at a mexican resturant near my house

No these guy are named Tutel, it's a family business up in Michigan I beleive. They do the same sort of thing though, only they seem to go a little more extreme in their designs. But thats cool that you saw Jesse James!

Thats a pretty cool show. I also thought they should get a shot at making the bike for GR. They certainly have both the talent and imagination.
which leads me to ask you dudes another question.....for the R rated script the bike was said to look more "organic" and almost like something HR Giger would do (famous artist who designed the monster in 1979's Alien). So.....which bike would you guys prefer? A traditional mechanical bike or a "bio-mechanical" bike like this?

ghostridersketch1.jpg

That sounds like pretty win-win situation, but I think I would lean toward the mechanical design. I would certainly be open to some combination, as I think it needs a little of both. Just as long as it doesn't go too extreme. When I look at it I want to think that's a really mean looking bike. Then upon closer examination you see all the things that make supernatural. I definitely want the tires from the 90's series.

Is there any connection between the 60s Ghost Rider (a phantom gunslinger) and the 70s/90s Ghost Rider?

Desslar.....nope. both are completely different characters. there was a team-up in issue 50 of the 70s GR. Although the western Ghost Rider was called "Night Rider" in the story....guess there can only be 1 GR.

That sounds like pretty win-win situation, but I think I would lean toward the mechanical design. I would certainly be open to some combination, as I think it needs a little of both. Just as long as it doesn't go too extreme. When I look at it I want to think that's a really mean looking bike. Then upon closer examination you see all the things that make supernatural. I definitely want the tires from the 90's series.

I agree SB...the bike (whatever design they use) needs to have wheels of pure Hellfire. Although a bike made out of Hellfire might be interesting it would be overkill on the eyes after a while. I also agree w/ you on the combo style of bike.....maybe have a pure mechanical design for the outside chassis and inside have what looks like a organic/bio-mechanical engine and other parts. this would support the idea from the 90s book that the bike was a separate living entity

Ok guys...this may be bad news.
Hollywood Reporter stated that Cage would star in "The WeatherMan" starting in Feb. right after he is done w/ "National Treasure" which starts production this month.
Now this might not mean he wont be able to shoot GR late this year but it doesnt look good.
I can only see this working if they start shooting NT immediately this month and if it only takes 3 months to shoot. That would mean Cage will have Nov, Dec, and Jan free to shoot GR.....which to me doesnt sound possible. I cant see anyone being able to do a decent performance on 3 films that are shot back to back. NT...then GR....then WM. no time to study a script, physically prepare for the role or even take time off to relax.
this is looking like a late 2004 production start for GR ....if we are lucky:(

UPDATE:
Damn..looks like its official :(
this was posted by CountingDown.net...:
From Wizard Magazine:

"In a perfect world, we'd love to be shooting [Ghost Rider] early next year," says Marvel Studios Senior Vice President Kevin Feige. "Writer/director Mark Steven Johnson is halfway through his rewrite of the script and is coming up with spectacular stuff. Nicholas Cage is dying to do 'Ghost Rider.' He's doing a movie called 'National Treasure' as his next project, but after that he wants to do 'Ghost Rider.' We're committed to him and he's committed to the movie. Now it's just a matter of timing."

Originally posted by BIGGUN

UPDATE:
Damn..looks like its official :(
this was posted by CountingDown.net...:
From Wizard Magazine:

"In a perfect world, we'd love to be shooting [Ghost Rider] early next year," says Marvel Studios Senior Vice President Kevin Feige. "Writer/director Mark Steven Johnson is halfway through his rewrite of the script and is coming up with spectacular stuff. Nicholas Cage is dying to do 'Ghost Rider.' He's doing a movie called 'National Treasure' as his next project, but after that he wants to do 'Ghost Rider.' We're committed to him and he's committed to the movie. Now it's just a matter of timing."

Can someone please tell Cage he isn't superhero material. especially an anti-hero/vigilante like GR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"