The Official Ghost Rider Hype Lounge!

Originally posted by Spidey-Boy523
Can someone please tell Cage he isn't superhero material. especially an anti-hero/vigilante like GR.

Well i guess it doensnt matter now whether Cage is attached or that they are going for a PG-13. the likelihood of this movie happening is (again!) becoming unlikely. i wouldnt be suprised if this goes back to where it was originally before Norrington was attached....in pre-production limbo.
Jeeze....this is a major case of "deja vu" all over again

I certainly hope so...would hate to have to wait until late 2005/early 2006 to see GR.
With the past troubles Ghost Rider has had in the past it wouldnt really suprise me if it was delayed again or even cancelled
im hoping this is different and they can finally get this thing going.
It was nice though to get a quick response from Marvel about the project....

Originally posted by Desslar
Is there any connection between the 60s Ghost Rider (a phantom gunslinger) and the 70s/90s Ghost Rider?

Only the name, really.

Dick Ayers created the western Ghost Rider back in the 50's for Magazine Enterprises. The character had his own book back then, etc. In the late 60's, Ayers was working for Marvel. They revived the western Ghost Rider in a new comic - that's the 60's series you're referring to. It's a slightly different character, but he looks exactly the same as the 50's GR. The copyrights must have lapsed, or since Magazine Enterprises was out of business, Marvel figured they wouldn't sue over the issue.

The western book didn't succeed, but in the mid-70's, Marvel's claim to the name "Ghost Rider" prompted them to come up with the demon biker we all know today. Probably wouldn't have happened if Marvel hadn't decided to revive the western character in the first place.

So there's a historical connection, even though the characters themselves aren't connected.

The ghostrider movie looks like it will truly do the comic justice, seems to be cast tolerably too.

its going to start filming in late 2003 early 2004 for a fall 2004 release

Originally posted by dk
Only the name, really.

Dick Ayers created the western Ghost Rider back in the 50's for Magazine Enterprises. The character had his own book back then, etc. In the late 60's, Ayers was working for Marvel. They revived the western Ghost Rider in a new comic - that's the 60's series you're referring to. It's a slightly different character, but he looks exactly the same as the 50's GR. The copyrights must have lapsed, or since Magazine Enterprises was out of business, Marvel figured they wouldn't sue over the issue.

The western book didn't succeed, but in the mid-70's, Marvel's claim to the name "Ghost Rider" prompted them to come up with the demon biker we all know today. Probably wouldn't have happened if Marvel hadn't decided to revive the western character in the first place.

So there's a historical connection, even though the characters themselves aren't connected.

Thanks. I was curious about the connection. As someone else pointed out, it appears that the 70s Ghost Rider met a character very similar to his western ancestor in a couple of issues. Wasn't sure if that was supposed to be Ayers' character or not.

With Nicolas Cage set to star and Mark Steven Johnson set to write and direct, I can't say I'm looking forward to Ghost Rider.

Originally posted by MarvelMovies
I hope Late 2003 then.. to have enough time for good CGI

From the looks of things the earliest that they can shoot will be March or April of 2004 and its all dependant on how "short" the Weather Man filming is.
I only hope Columbia doesnt get cold feet from waiting and drop GR like a hot potato like Dimension and Savoy pictures did.
The only good thing out of this mess is that MSJ will have time to polish the script and get all of that other pre-production stuff out of the way (choosing a supporting cast, costuming, props, location sites, stage set ups, ect). All that CGI will be done in post production but this delay will give them time to perfect the flame effects before its needed.

I think keifer southerland would be the best for ghost rider.

Originally posted by Dr. Kolsterpus
I think keifer southerland would be the best for ghost rider.

Too late for that now.

the weather maan is suposed to be aashort shoot like only 3 weeks so they can start on gr take 3 weeks off then start on gr again

Originally posted by iron_man7
the weather maan is suposed to be aashort shoot like only 3 weeks so they can start on gr take 3 weeks off then start on gr again

3 weeks? i could see that schedule working ....maybe just do basic stuff before Cage did the Weather Man like getting fitted for the costume. Even do some easy dialogue scenes before the WM shoot and then do all of the difficult stunt scenes when he gets back. Then again all they need is a stunt man to do the bike stunts...no one would know it wasnt Cage if he was wearing the same skull mask and outfit.
But we will see....i wont believe it until they officially start production. This movie has a nasty habit of "almost" getting made and then wiping out right before production gets started.

Come to think of it, I'm pretty hyped about it too. I can't wait any longer to see Ghost Rider, I have to it now! :ghost:

I agree about Cage wanting to do some of the stunts ...whats the point of doing GR if you cant do some of your own stunts?
but there will have to be a limit onto what Cage can do. For the more dangerous scenes it will have to be a stunt man.....i dont think Cage's insurance company will feel too happy if he decided to jump over 20 cars in a skull mask and black leather...heh

Here are some idears MarvelM...a few you have heard before only condensed:

1. Ghost Rider should not have eyes, just empty sockets. Maybe when he uses the penance stare you can see a 2 flashes of light but that should be it.
2. GR should be a completely different entity apart from Blaze. They should completely avoid the whole "Blaze personality controling GR" from the very first 30 issues of the 70's book.
3. Do not make GR into a typical "hero" like he was in the 90s book. At least not yet. This Ghost Rider should be seen as evil....but because of Blaze's strong will and good moral character he is able to control what the Ghost Rider does. He should be seen more as a frightening force of nature that just destroys anything that gets in its way.
4. GR should naturally try to avoid killing human targets.....not because of a moral code but rather he prefers his victims to suffer extreme pain for the rest of their days. Maybe have them so mentally wrecked after the penance stare they are deemed insane and have to spend the rest of their life in a mental ward. Non-human targets are a different story ...:)
5. GR should use a mystical chain as his main weapon. Would be kool to see the ability to change anything into a hellfire soaked weapon (like a shotgun) but im not holding my breath on that one.
6. GR should talk some in the movie but maybe just a few lines...and should most definitely laugh at least once in the picture.

Some of these are pretty obvious (like 1 and 2) buts its allways good to make your concerns known.....

I like Cage, but I'm getting tired of waiting for him, and I don't think he's the best candidate for Ghost Rider. I think they should try going after Keifer Sutherland and get this baby moving.

MarvelMovies, the page is great, i think !
i really hope this film will get made!

Yeah...that page is pretty cool. came across that myself a few years ago.
although the CGI is somewhat cartoonish it still looks pretty good considering it was made in the early/mid 90s.
Hopefully the flame effects in Ghost Rider will look something like what they did for the Balrog in "Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring".

no ghost rider untill 2005 filming is gona start in early mid 2004

Originally posted by iron_man7
no ghost rider untill 2005 filming is gona start in early mid 2004

Hopefully.....

Sounds cool...but even if they do have it (which i bet they do) can they legally release it even if its only a short segment of promo cgi? worth a try though.....

but I also want to make it like an old-fashioned monster movie.

Also from UGO.com interview... [/B][/QUOTE]

GROOVY! heh....glad MSJ is taking a "monster movie" feel to GR.....which it should be.
Although w/ Cage's current shooting schedule i doubt they will be shooting until mid 2004 (despite what marvel has said). would be nice if they could get it going earlier though....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"