The Official Ghost Rider Hype Lounge!

Do you think Scarecrow will be the villain in this? MSJ mentioned him.

Originally posted by jollyjohnny
Do you think Scarecrow will be the villain in this? MSJ mentioned him.

Theres a good chance actually.....i remember Scarecrow was mentioned as being a possibility for one of the main villains in the R rated script by goyer.

MarvelM...
go to this site:
http://wolfefam.homestead.com/files/all.htm

just click on the first letter of the character you are looking for...it should have a good deal of info.
but i can tell you scrarecrow was a vicious serial killer (i think from captain america) w/ some unusual powers. he could create intense fear in his victims making them unable to move which gave him time to "release their fear" w/ his trusty pitchfork. he was also able to contol crows to do his bidding.
his other power was being so flexible he was able to escape any restraining device. there was a cool story in a GR annual where scarecrow was killing all of these innocent people. finally near the end GR caught him. the problem is that scarecorw was immune to the penance stare and GR doesnt kill. so GR decides to break EVERY single bone in scarecrow's body and set each break so they wouldnt heal properly. this made scarecrow (for a time) crippled. brutal...heh
he isnt a villain that can go "toe to toe" w/ GR just more of a "annoyance". he would be good as a background or secondary villain though

Yeah...unless they made him into a real scarecrow w/ uber supernatural powers.
also is the fact he is a serial killer....they would have to really be careful in order to get by w/ a pg-13.
i still say they should go w/ Blackheart. a villain that will be more than a match for GR and has a interesting background story as well.

This pic was posted by BigBastard:

blackheart.jpg

Blackheart would look so cool on the screen and would definately give GR a good skull-poundin...heh

What would be cool is if Blaze would ride a cruiser bike...but it changes to a demonic looking chopper style bike when he becomes GR.

Personally i would like to see just the chopper style only....w/ wheels of hellfire.
although the 90s bike looks cool in a modern sortve way ive always associated the classic GR w/ a chopper style harley. it just screams "im a bad ass demon and im gonna kick your butt"
the 90's bike gave me the message "im a bad ass demon...wanna race?" heh.
now if they decide to bring the Ketch Ghost Rider in the later sequels (if any) then they should use the 90s bike.

Well if they stick to the idea where it depends on what Blaze is wearing at the time there could be different variations of the costume during the movie. the trenchcoat is a must though...maybe when we first see GR
i think its pretty definate that we will see something like the 90s costume only updated. leather jacket, boots, ect.
i do hope we see some spikes though....but not so many like the 90s version. maybe just on the forearm and knuckles. but if GR does have spikes would they be metal or organic? organic as if made of bone but they look like thorns.
he should be of the same height as Cage....but maybe Cage can wear some lifts to make him more imposing in scenes w/ the villain/villains. Cage is something like 6' already isnt he?

i would pürefer a chopper with flaming wheels...and some custom desuign....this will look great !
i thought scarecrow was pretty cool and could be made spooky but blackheart would be cooler... !

Id just keep the wheels of fire...nothing else flaming on the bike. will keep the image very simple but more effective.....this way you will be able to see more of the bike and GR as its speeding by.

I would like to see some scenes happening out in rural areas.....mostly like in small towns or long stretches of desert highways. but i would have some scenes happening in a major city...nighttime of course.
would be cool to see the climax of the film take place in a rundown amusement park or carnival. maybe the remains of the blaze's old Quinten Carnival?

i think the movie should take place in the desserts out side of las vegas

Las Vegas is a good idea...it was used several times in the 70s series i think.

although i would love to see a church scene but i dont know if MSJ would want to use that kind of location again....he used a church in daredevil for the final battle between DD and bullseye. but again it could done differently if blaze was desperate looking for spiritual help and went to a old run down church that is run by only a few people. this could just be a short dialogue scene.
in addition to the flames of the candles bending towards blaze have a small fountain (forgot what the church calls it.) full of holy water and the water starts to boil and seathe when blaze walks by it

would like to see a cemetary scene though...would be neat. have GR walk into the cemetary and since the land is blessed every step that GR makes it creates steam or smoke on the grass.

Hmmm...
well if i was in charge of the script i would make GR into 3 movies all centering around the blaze/gr conflict. have GR slowly become more demonic looking until the final 3rd film. this would be the movie where GR realizes his true power and his name (Zarathos).
in the 3rd film i would have dan ketch become the
"true" ghost rider and both the ketch and blaze GRs would have to duke it out. during the course of the movies blaze would slowly loose control of GR until the final film where he would start threatening innocent people....this is where the ketch GR shows up and has to stop him. if the last film was successful enough i would do maybe a few more centering around the ketch GR while having a "non-possessed" blaze making an appearance or two.

im sticking w/ my idea of using Blackheart escaping hell seeking to create an army on earth so he can kill his father (Satan/Mephisto) to becomes Hell's new ruler. he gathers the worst type of people.....serial killers, thieves, rapists, ect and roams the highways in a caravan . most will just be heavily armed thugs...but others who show more intelligence/use will be given supernatural abilities in exchange for thier souls. this would also be a good chance to intoduce other GR villains like scarecrow, hag and troll, snowblind, meat market, ect. i would also introduce the "soul crystal" from the last few issues of the 70's GR. make it like a weapon that Blackheart has stolen from hell and wants to use to kill his father. the crystal would get its power from human souls....the more souls that it has the more powerfull it will be....and innocent souls are worth much more than corrupt ones.
Blackheart would be traveling all across the world raiding and destroying small towns or settlements. maybe his next target in the movie would be a major city like Las Vegas.
he comes across the Quinten Carnival and takes what he can.
Have Blaze and his surrogate father Crash Simpson as co-owners of the carnival. Blaze is about to marry or is already married to Crash's daughter Roxanne.
when Blackheart arrives his men kill Crash along with most of Blaze's friends and steals a good number of souls (including Roxannes') using the soul crystal.
later a desperate and furious Blaze meets a mysterious stranger (who the audience will guess its satan) and they make a deal.
Blaze as Ghost Rider hunts Blackheart and his men down to deal his own brand of vengeance.
the movie could be blazes struggle to prevent GR from going all out and destroying Blackheart since if BH is dead there is no way of saving Roxanne's soul from the crystal.
Roxanne (by the way) will be in a comatose like state in a hospital. the doctors tell blaze they dont know what happened to her only that its like her mind or her will to live is gone and that her body is slowly dying.

i have a few more ideas about the penance stare and its importance to the movie but im tired o' typin!.....lol

Tanks MarvelM...
personally id just be happy w/ 1 movie! heh
but it never hurts to wish for the impossible....:)

i mentioned something about the penance stare in my last post and how it would affect the story line. ive always thought when i read the 90s series how both dan and GR would share memories of what the other did while in the mortal world. it occurred to me that when GR gave someone the penance stare he would be able to read or look into the mind of the person on the recieving end of the stare. GR would see all of the evil things that this person has done to innocent people. now wouldnt it make sense that dan would at least remember some of the things that GR saw?
now i was thinking....here we have Blaze a good person of strong character and morality. after a few years on the road changing into the Ghost Rider and dishing out the penance stare to hundreds of evil people, Blaze also remembers some of the things that GR saw while giving the penance stare.
he would remember seeing people being killed, tortured, beaten, raped on a day to day basis. think how this would affect you....and keep in mind this isnt just like watching a tv show. since GR looks into a person's mind everthing "seen" there will seem real. i would suspect that any normal person would start to get depressed and probably start making decisions that he/she wouldnt normally make.
this would be cool idea (imo) if Satan was already aware of Blaze's good moral character but knew that the longer he was bonded to the Ghost Rider the longer he would be exposed to elements that would weaken his resolve and morale.
this way Blaze's will is starting to weaken which will make it easier for GR to take complete control of his body.

Heres another idea that Goyer had planned in his R script that concerned the penance stare. he said that the plan was that if someone had too many "sins" the person would burn up as a result of the stare.
now for a pg 13 they couldnt do this often in the movie...but they could do it to the head baddie....especially if he was a demon.
I would also make it that the penance stare only works on beings that have a soul....since demons dont have one the stare would of course not work on them.

if i was in charge (heh) i would do it this way. im not sure about Blackheart's origins...we know he is the son of the Devil but who is his mother? for the movie i would infer that Satan wanted an heir and had deliberately impregnated a human female hundreds of years ago.... blackheart was a result. Satan took blackheart as a infant and brought him to Hell to teach him the proper ways of "demonship". he also took BH's human soul since it would just "get in the way of his training". years pass....BH proves to be a dissapointment to his father and they start trying to kill one another....or at least BH tries to kill his father. BH ecsapes hell w/ the soul crystal and creates havok like i mentioned before in a above post.
At the climax GR and BH fight it out ....but eventually BH starts to lose and tries to get away from GR to heal. as he escapes he runs into his father. Satan gloats over his son's current situation and eventually turns to leave but then says something like "I have something for you.....dont say I never gave you anything." Satan places his hand on BH's head ...a quick flash of light...and BH gets his human soul back. BH just realizing what happened screams at his father but doesnt see GR standing behind him. he turns gR grabs him and gives him the penance stare. BH screams in pain and starts to feel the agony that he has given to literally millions of people over the course of his life. he would slowly start to smoke and catch fire where he would finally at the end blow up "real good" into tiny demon bits.

now the whole backstory for Blackheart would be a bit long if explained in the movie. However, it could be shorted and used in Satan's gloating speech to his son at the end.

I don't think it will be PG13. NC17 is more likely. And Nic Cage shouldn't be Blaze.

Originally posted by Jaguar God
I don't think it will be PG13. NC17 is more likely.

Too late..Mark Steven Johnson and company already said it would be PG 13...that was one of the reasons why Steven Norrington left.
if they made it NC 17 it wouldnt make very much money at the box office...and Marvel wants to make as much $$ as possible off of each adaptation.

this...all..sounds....great
Drooling_anim.gif

please, this is really great, if the script is ANYTHING like your ideas, this movie will be a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG box office success to comic fans, horror movie fans and ...uhm...everyone else !

Tanks Poki...:D
good idears there MarvelM...but ive been picturing Jon Voight as the human form of Satan....no make up...just looks like a normal human. but there will be hints that he "not right".
Satan's real form could be very quick shots...like everytime Voight walks under a shadow you see a outline of his true form....a large hulking mass.....something definately non-human in appearance. something so horrible a normal mortal would go insane or die from fright. something out of a H.P. Lovecraft book.....
the cigeratte idea is another good....but instead of blaze doing it i would have voight. say when they both meet (in a dimly lit small bar in the middle of nowhere) Voight takes out a cig and simply puts it in his mouth and starts smoking....doesnt light it. blaze notices this and then sees that the shadows behind Voight start to move slowly on their own and whisper to each other.....
this is blaze's first realization he may be dealing w/ the devil after all......
the 2 fights between GR and BH is also good....once in the middle of the film and of course at the end....

for BH i would make him partially insane....this is because of his half demon/human heritage. another reason why satan doesnt want his son in charge of Hell. like Satan BH will have a human persona as well (who would act this part i dunno...) but will change into his real form alot in the movie....unlike satan.
also about Roxanne.....as well as being in the hospital w/out a soul, and hooked up to respirators, life support machines, ect..what if she was also pregnant w/ Blaze's child right when her soul was stolen? this way there is more stress on blaze...he has limited time to get her soul back or both his wife and unborn child will die....

this would be really really cool !!!!!!!!!
i especially like the idea of an abandoned amusement park, could work out really creepy !!!!!!!!

Kool pics dere MarvelM :)

was thinking of something kindve funny but something that would show how tough GR is. say in one of thier fights BH hits GR so hard his jawbone comes loose on 1 side (still hangs onto the skull though..but its dangling..). GR camly gets up....takes both hands and pushes his jaw back into place....the jaw moves back and forth to make sure it works ok....and GR just says...."....pathetic" and starts to wail spiked fist shots on BH's noggin. heh

Ahhh..this is where it gets interesting....
i wouldnt use the cap on the bike...maybe for Ketch later on.
i would do it like this...in the beginning Blaze should be able to control his transformations. since his will is still strong he is able to decide when and where GR should show up. but in later films it should be difficult. as Blaze starts to get depressed his will starts to weaken. GR will then be able to take over. soon it will be like a tug of war between the 2.
but for the 1st film Blaze should be calling the shots. however i would keep with the idea that GR can only show up during night time. when the sun rises ghost rider has to go back and allow blaze back into his body.

the very end of the 1st film Roxanne is saved and has her soul back as well as some of the others who were also trapped in the crystal. blaze and roxanne hug and kiss in the hospital finally being re-united after several long months. but john cant stay....he fears that GR is too unpredictable and may even hurt roxanne, his friends, or even his child. he also has to hunt down the remaining members of BH's cult as per the agreement w/ Satan. he gets on his bike and rides off into the distance as the sun sets.....soon it shows Blaze turn into GR. riding towards the camera at fast speed GR is laughing as the grinning skull fills the screen until the camera focuses in on one of GR's empty eye sockets. the entire screen goes black....credits roll

god, where do you get such great ideas from...
really this is BRILLIANT !
was thinking of something kindve funny but something that would show how tough GR is. say in one of thier fights BH hits GR so hard his jawbone comes loose on 1 side (still hangs onto the skull though..but its dangling..). GR camly gets up....takes both hands and pushes his jaw back into place....the jaw moves back and forth to make sure it works ok....and GR just says...."....pathetic" and starts to wail spiked fist shots on BH's noggin. heh
cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back