The Official GHOSTBUSTERS Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is a demo, its even better because it is free. Same thing, you tried it before you bought it. There are times where games get conflicting reviews, take for instance Assassin's Creed. Now depending on which review you read you may or may not want to buy the game. I mean, IGN's 3 reviews all yielded 3 different final scores, I'm not talking about minor differences it went from 8.7 to 6.7. One says it fails as a game, the other says its a must have. In some cases renting it is the best bet. I was ready to buy AC, but now I'm just going to wait and rent it first. I'm the same way, every 360 title I have, besides NBA 2k8,i have bought without renting. But I have rented games before that I thought I wanted to buy and got mixed reviews, but after renting them decided not to buy it.

But my point with that post was that Socko said that he just hopes that the gameplay is good because he is buying it anyway because of the cast coming in as voice actors and Ramis writing the script. If it gets bad reviews, just rent it man. Don't buy it for the sole reason of the voice acting.

My new xbox keeps turning itself on..by itelf after I turn it off. WTF?!

LOL i know there was a ghosbuster joke in there somewhere...but seriously, I hope its not screwed up. I just bought it. :(

I'm getting PS3 for Xmas and if that's from the PS3 I'll be in line in Sept. For for the Xbox turning it self on better call Microsoft and tell them it could lead to bigger issues. But hey be thankful its not the red ring.

Did this in 5 minutes.
dffddffddf.png

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117976019.html?categoryid=13&cs=1&query=ghostbusters

Vivendi Games is pacting with Sony Pictures to turn "Ghostbusters" into a videogame franchise.

First title in what the publisher hopes will be a series of "Ghostbusters" games is set for release in fall '08 from Vivendi's Sierra label.

All four members of the movie team -- Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Bill Murray and Harold Ramis -- will be giving voice and likeness rights for the game. Some supporting castmembers have signed up as well, including William Atherton, Brian Doyle Murray and Annie Potts.

This fact alone will make it worth my time :)

I remember playing Ghostbusters for Genesis. That was a very tough game to beat.

So im not the only one who played that game??? Yea i loved that game.

Try playing the arcade game of The Real Ghostbusters. That bull**** forces you to catch like 100 ghosts before you can move on to the next stage. The only clever thing is that you use your proton pack to kill living monsters so they become ghosts, which you trap.

Damn im stoked for some Ghostbusters!!!

That was a great read. I love to hear how stoked Dan Akroyd is for this game and possibly future installments. Its gonna be MAD fun to use that proton pack to wrangle ghosts.

Man, I can't wait for this game. I'm a big fan of the movies. I'm gonna have to get a PS3 before next year.

The Ghostbusters are back

YES

:woot:

& it would be a crime to not have the main theme in the Game

how was the PC remake of the original game? is it worth downloadin and playin?

also, i've been wantin a GB game for PS2 or PC for a while now. ever since I got the chance to play Luigi's Mansion for Gamecube. Since that game sorta reminded me of GB (or at least a luigi-nintendoized version of what could be one)

In it, you'll play as a new recruit to the famous slime-fighting unit, joining on in 1991, two years after the events of Ghostbusters II. No longer the subject of derision and litigation, the Ghostbusters are still regarded as heroes in New York, and the city itself has changed. As Creative Director Drew Haworth puts it: "New York has become sort of enamoured, fascinated with Gozer – everything Gozerian. Stay Puft has his own cartoon show now, he's on lunchboxes, and the Stay Puft brand is hitting all time highs, and [the city's] going to open a Gozerian exhibit."

NICE! :D

Finally the Ghostbusters get a good game.

I'm adding this to my list.

It'd be neat if they did a limited edition where the metal box is shaped like one of the proton packs, and the case with the game has been slimed, and you get an Ecto 1 hot wheels car. Of course, there'd have to be a second disc with bonus content.

This is embarrassing to say, but I just realized that Brian Doyle Murray, the shrink from Ghostbusters 2, is Bill Murray's brother. Every time I've seen that movie I would think "Holy ****, that guy looks a lot like Bill." I never bothered to look it up. :(

Anyways, apparently the DS version of the game will have some SIM elements in it which will allow you to run the business.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/12/05/ds-ghostbusters-to-have-more-sim-elements/

Well this is a tough choice.

I think I'll probably buy the 360 version and rent with some friends and play co-op and team play on Wii and see if it is different enough whether it is worth getting (probably used) a diff. version of the same game.

The 360's advantages:

-The look
-The graphics
and
-The look

;) Hey, usually I'm not a grpahics smoree and that is why my first console this generation was a Wii. But being able to play as THE Ghostbusters in a photoreal environment is just so much more tempting.

But the Wii has a few things I've read that I like:

1. You can actually PLAY AS THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS, that means Ray, Peter, Egon and Winston are all playable as well as the new guy and they each have different advantages. RAy uses the ghost goggles to see through walls and see invisible ghosts for example and Egon has a more powerful proton pack he tinkers with.

but more importantly:

2. MULTIPLAYER. The co-op and team vs. matches sound awesome. Four guys playing as the four ghostbusters kicks ash.

3. Using the Wiimote as a proton pack thingy and the nunchuck as your throwing-trap-hand will feel awesome if the controls are done right. And when Wii controls are used right they are an improvement and not just "a gimmick," ex. TP and Godfather better on Wii than other versions (including a suped up PS3 version of Godfather) and MP3, RE4 and SMG prove they are amazing controls. But then you got your Red Steels and Marvel Ultimate Alliances. Hopefully this game won't be in the latter of a quickly slapped together Wiimake.

But seeing as it is the ported version and the photo real version will be on 360...I'm going to for the first time lean to that simply for looks. If Wii gets better reviews maybe I'll change my mind and reverse which I buy and which I rent, but I doubt I will.

P.S. It is too bad Dana isn't coming back.

I wish there were multi-player for the 360...you gotta have teamwork if its "ghostbusters" dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"