The Official God of War Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't put too much stock in Gamestop computers. They are most often wrong with things like this. Most of the time it's guestimations.
They don't put it up on the gamestop computers unless it's official.

That is false my friend. If you look at the lists they have in store, it even says "Dates listed are anticipated ship dates". They need to have a date in the system to do pre-orders, so if a date hasn't been officially announced, they make one up. June of last year they had GOW III listed as coming out March 09.

Apparently this isn't the footage Jaffe thought looked like a painting come to life. Wish they had showed that though.
Yeah it isn't.
He said it after the trailer was shown.

And I do hope it will be released in December.
But no rush. I want it to be the best ever.

I think the painting that came to life was the teaser... those were the best and most realistic cinematic i have ever seen.

I know my wallet would appreciate it coming out in 2010. So many great game coming out this year on the PS3. I think if they hold off releasing it until March 2010, I would be cool with it.

Wonder what the target date for the 2nd trailer is at Santa Monica?

And to refresh my memory, the bald guy in the making of videos is the new head developer, right?

Game Informer details:

Unlike God of War 1 and 2 where there are only 15 enemies on screen, there will now be around 50 this time.
You can ride monsters like the Cyclops.
Kratos' most brutal and exciting new maneuver is the ability to control certain monsters (Cyclops included).
Kratos on the PS2 used 5,000 polygons, now he uses 20,000.
They made the weapons “better” so it adds more variety. Like with a different weapon, you don’t get just a couple different attacks, but a whole different play style.
The lion gauntlets are called Cestus.
Enemy AI’s are a lot smarter. Some of the enemies will be “commanders” and control the other grunts.
Enemies will look different, even if they’re the same type. Like, even though the skeleton soldiers are in the same category, they will have varied looks, so it’s not like everyone looks the same.
More boss fights than GoW 1, but less than GoW 2.
No multiplayer.
Hades boss fight confirmed.

Scans from the magazine
http://godofwariii.co.uk/god-of-war-iii-gameinformer-scans/

Plus, the Playstation blog is going to have a big GOWIII blowout on Friday.

Stay tuned....

Game Informer details:

Unlike God of War 1 and 2 where there are only 15 enemies on screen, there will now be around 50 this time.
You can ride monsters like the Cyclops.
Kratos' most brutal and exciting new maneuver is the ability to control certain monsters (Cyclops included).
Kratos on the PS2 used 5,000 polygons, now he uses 20,000.
They made the weapons “better” so it adds more variety. Like with a different weapon, you don’t get just a couple different attacks, but a whole different play style.
The lion gauntlets are called Cestus.
Enemy AI’s are a lot smarter. Some of the enemies will be “commanders” and control the other grunts.
Enemies will look different, even if they’re the same type. Like, even though the skeleton soldiers are in the same category, they will have varied looks, so it’s not like everyone looks the same.
More boss fights than GoW 1, but less than GoW 2.
No multiplayer.
Hades boss fight confirmed.

Scans from the magazine
http://godofwariii.co.uk/god-of-war-iii-gameinformer-scans/

All of that sounds downright awesome. The only thing I'm iffy on is riding monsters, could be cool or could be awful. The only thing I don't like is less boss battles then 2, I like me some boss battles, but no harm done.

Other then those two points, I have to say I like those ideas

A Hades boss fight is pretty damn obvious. He and Kratos have bad blood on account that Kratos killed his wife. I'd expect battles with Hermes, Hera, and another battle with Zeus as well.

Top left pic looks epic.

god-of-war-iii-scan-03.jpg

Plus, the Playstation blog is going to have a big GOWIII blowout on Friday.

Stay tuned....

**** me, TLS, I can't read that ****ing **** til I go home friday.:cmad: Can't wait to read the full article, this game should be epic. My fav part from your list would be the totally different playstyle with another weapon. I was begging and praying for the GoZ to make it, and I got double what I hoped for!!!:word:

A Hades boss fight is pretty damn obvious. He and Kratos have bad blood on account that Kratos killed his wife. I'd expect battles with Hermes, Hera, and another battle with Zeus as well.

When did that happen, the PSP game? That's funny that he still gave Kratos the most useful magic in the game.:wow:

So gamestop computers now have this listed for 3-10-10. I knwo not too put stock in it but damn it means something.

I don't want to say I'm disappointed with the graphics, but what they showed doesn't match Resident Evil 5, Killzone 2, or Uncharted. The look was very... gray. Now I know it's early footage, and GT doesn't have the best HD, so I'm confident that when the game ships, it will look even better than what they showed.

As for the gameplay and design, possibly the best and most creative I've ever seen. I loved how Kratos was not only battling a horde of enemies, but they acted like a horde of enemies. None of that battling one at a time nonsense that is in almost every other game.

I don't want to say I'm disappointed with the graphics, but what they showed doesn't match Resident Evil 5, Killzone 2, or Uncharted. The look was very... gray. Now I know it's early footage, and GT doesn't have the best HD, so I'm confident that when the game ships, it will look even better than what they showed.

As for the gameplay and design, possibly the best and most creative I've ever seen. I loved how Kratos was not only battling a horde of enemies, but they acted like a horde of enemies. None of that battling one at a time nonsense that is in almost every other game.
**** yes, it looks way too similar, I wonder when they'll show the graphics that Jaffe went nuts over.

The trailer's on the PSN in glorious HD and looks TEH SEXY!!!:heart::eek::up::D:up:

The trailer over at IGN looks awesome. I was never a huge fan of the series, i always thought both games were slightly overrated, but being that i love Greek mythology i enjoyed the games more than i should have. Still tho, i cant wait to play GoWIII.

Oh my God i have to play GOWI and GOWII before i play this i can't stop watching this trailer!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"