The Official God of War Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did that happen, the PSP game?
Yeah, Persephone was the villain in Chains of Olympus and she wanted to destroy the Gods of Olympus for forcing her to marry Hades.

That's funny that he still gave Kratos the most useful magic in the game.:wow:
The gods wanted Ares to be destroyed afterall.

Last edited:
The new trailer is downloading for me.
As much as I love this series and think it is the best ever, I hope GOW3 is the final game and can give us the best conclusion we could possibly have. End this with a gold key.

It's taking forever to load for me.

Sucks that my PS3 can't play PS2 games. I really wanted to play the first 2 God of War games first.
I watched the entire Chains of Olympus on Youtube, played GOW1 some days ago, played God of War Betrayal yesterday and today I'm gonna play GOW2. I'm in preparation for the third big game.

i say start a fight with Zeus and end with Hades
I don't think it makes too much sense, you know...
Zeus is the big villain and the mightiest of the gods. He'll probably be one of the last bosses, if not the last.

Game Informer details:

Unlike God of War 1 and 2 where there are only 15 enemies on screen, there will now be around 50 this time.
You can ride monsters like the Cyclops.
Kratos' most brutal and exciting new maneuver is the ability to control certain monsters (Cyclops included).
Kratos on the PS2 used 5,000 polygons, now he uses 20,000.
They made the weapons “better” so it adds more variety. Like with a different weapon, you don’t get just a couple different attacks, but a whole different play style.
The lion gauntlets are called Cestus.
Enemy AI’s are a lot smarter. Some of the enemies will be “commanders” and control the other grunts.
Enemies will look different, even if they’re the same type. Like, even though the skeleton soldiers are in the same category, they will have varied looks, so it’s not like everyone looks the same.
More boss fights than GoW 1, but less than GoW 2.
No multiplayer.
Hades boss fight confirmed.
Battle with Hades. That's awesome. I was expecting that. I think we'll battle Hades in the beginning, Poseidon in the middle and Zeus in the end, though there could be something different about him, like absorbing all the remaining gods to fight you.
So awesome.

EDIT: Just watched the new video. So great.

Last edited:
If the game can match the feeling of rushing through the forests f--king TEARING through bad guys at the start, then it'll be one of the greatest games ever made. The trailer was fantastic.

SOURCE: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/954/954097p1.html

Just in case there's any doubt as to if this is gameplay or if it can be done, read the following paragraphs, with quotes from the DIRECTOR of GOWIII Stig Asmussen!!!:D:up:

From that point, Asmussen stepped back and prepared to show off the first trailer of the game. The trailer, he stated, was a piece of work that had been completed last Fall, but the team had been waiting to fully unveil the entire thing. Everything within the trailer itself was "100 percent real," according to Asmussen. While the action within the trailer was scripted to tell the story that he wanted to tell for the trailer, "everything that you see in here is using actual in-game engine, resolution, effects. Let me assure you, we can draw Kratos in these levels and we can do all this stuff that's happening in here right now."

And just to further drive home the point of how technically amazing this game is read the following!!!:eek::up::D:up:

For God of War III, Asmussen mentioned that these are much more than a simple backdrop to the action. Instead, they are "living titans, characters that are functioning, breathing parts of the world." These titans are actually moving levels that Kratos will fight across, climb onto and navigate as he tries to destroy Olympus. Trying to bring this sense of scale into perspective, Asmussen mentioned two facts that would drive the size of the Titans home. The first one was that many of the Titans would be larger in size than that of the Sears Tower in Chicago, which gives a real world perspective on these character/levels. The other was that the Titans were so large that the large Medusa Lair from God of War II would easily fit in the palm of Gaia's Hand.

Another thing I read...
It is said to be the game that will close the trilogy. That's great.
I'm just hoping for a great conclusion.

I'm hoping for a Heracles end boss fight. A spartan fighting the demigod he's descended from? Awesome.

As for the trailers, I wasn't that impressed by the older one, but as this new on fills in the gaps, it looks awesome, although still a little too brown/grey for me.

I'm hoping for a Heracles end boss fight. A spartan fighting the demigod he's descended from? Awesome.

As for the trailers, I wasn't that impressed by the older one, but as this new on fills in the gaps, it looks awesome, although still a little too brown/grey for me.

I'm very confused that this new trailer has the same graphics as the "hurried" trailer, I'm curious when(if at all) we'll see the painting graphics Jaffe went nuts about.

I'll be honest, the first time I saw the new trailer(which has a diff name on ign) and read the GI article, I was kind of dissapointed. But after reading the ign article Guardian put up, I'm pumped again. If the game ends up looking like this, AND they deliver on the scale they're talking about, this game will be the end all when it comes to action games for years to come, or until God of War 3's spiritual successor, anyways.

Watching the cutscene again, I'm loving the look of the combat, and the scale involved with fighting on Gaia's back. And seeing the chain Kratos smashed fall down when he was hanging on the harpy was ba. I can't wait to check out the zippertech in action, centaurs getting disemboweled in real-time works for me. My only knock woud be true flight with the Icarus wings apparently stil hasn't made it, I'd like to be able to soar around at least 30-40 secs even with no wind, just make me jam x more or something to get up. I also can't wait to just stand and watch the Titans do their own thing. GOW3 sounds like SotC and GOW2 had a baby who ODed on anabolic steroids.:hehe:

Heracles is one of the characters that I hope Kratos fights as well. I'm really hoping that we end up fighting the Twelve Olympians along with Heracles.

My only knock woud be true flight with the Icarus wings apparently stil hasn't made it, I'd like to be able to soar around at least 30-40 secs even with no wind, just make me jam x more or something to get up.
Fortunatelly, the wings are still there.
My concern is the Blade of Olympus. When GOW2 ended, he was carrying the blade. Now we have no sign of it.

Heracles is one of the characters that I hope Kratos fights as well. I'm really hoping that we end up fighting the Twelve Olympians along with Heracles.
It would be great, even though I'm used to see him as a hero. It would be weird to kill him. Two Olympians down, though. Ten more to go.

In other news...Ratner no more will direct GOW. That's so great.

Yay!!! Who is it now? I hope the movie doesn't go the way of Halo and just dissapear.

And i can't think of a good way for them to take away the BoA, i bet they just want to show off the Cestus, which from the ign article describing how Kratos gets into a boxers stance, sounds gravy. I hope those are the 2 other weapons, and they all have their own grabs.

It would be great, even though I'm used to see him as a hero. It would be weird to kill him. Two Olympians down, though. Ten more to go.
Heracles was kind of a jerk if you ask me.

In other news...Ratner no more will direct GOW. That's so great.
Awesome!

I am still waiting for the Gears Of War Moviebut i so can't wait for this movie
Vin Disel 4 Kratos

Last edited:
Yay!!! Who is it now?
They didn't say.
It was only said that Ratner droped the project to direct a comedy movie with Eddie Murphy and Chris Tucker.

And i can't think of a good way for them to take away the BoA, i bet they just want to show off the Cestus, which from the ign article describing how Kratos gets into a boxers stance, sounds gravy.
They said somewhere in the article how this game was different from Zelda, for example, because it is bringing elements from the previous game, such as the Golden Fleece and the Icarus Wings. They didn't mention the Blade of Olympus. I mean, it would be cool to have the blade, then it is broken somehow, but Kratos don't lose his hope.

Sorry Jick, that's just cheap. I don't want that **** to happen. The BoA was extremely fun to use, even though it was very limited, being just tacked on to the end of the game, a la the first one and the "giant" sword. And was I the only one who didn't max it out, because that flash was blinding?

Sorry Jick, that's just cheap. I don't want that **** to happen. The BoA was extremely fun to use, even though it was very limited, being just tacked on to the end of the game, a la the first one and the "giant" sword. And was I the only one who didn't max it out, because that flash was blinding?
Hey man, calm down.
By BoA, you mean what? Blades of Athena? 'Cause that's what thought.
The Blade of Olympus was extremely fun to use, even more if it was at its maximum and you could play the whole game with it. I suggested that it could be broken in the final of the game, you know? To add to the climax, then there's only our trademark blades to kill the last God, boss or whatever it is.

Hey man, calm down.
By BoA, you mean what? Blades of Athena? 'Cause that's what thought.
The Blade of Olympus was extremely fun to use, even more if it was at its maximum and you could play the whole game with it. I suggested that it could be broken in the final of the game, you know? To add to the climax, then there's only our trademark blades to kill the last God, boss or whatever it is.
My bad, I meant BoO, I guess. I was speaking of Zeus' sword, I thought it was great, but if I get boxing gauntlets instead, I won't complain. Maybe there will be a logical explanation for losing the Blade of Olympus, but he was holding it to end GOWII. I would think you'd get it from the start, since the Cestus probably won't show up for at least the first half hour. I took awhile to get the Blade of Artemis/Barbarian Hammer in the previous games, but I also don't remember them being so prominent in the early trailers and pics either, so who knows?

Going back to yur post, I get what you said, that Kratos might have the blad for a bit and lose it at the end. Works for me, Santa Monica likes making you use unfamiliar weapons at the end of both PS2 games(not sure about CoO).

New G4TV vid. http://g4tv.com/xplay/videos/36746/God_of_War_III_Preview.html

Coolest part was when one of the mean GOWIII guys that was interviewed basically said that the movement of the Titans were AI-driven, and NOT SCRIPTED. He also said Kratos would affect their mood, thus(pure speculation) if he's doing a bunch of massive ground pounds with the Cestus, that might cause the Titan he's on to shake around. It might not be that small detail-wise, but he def said Kratos will affect that.

It'd be SOOO badass to get wiped off a Titan's shoulder if you got too annoying. A cheap death yes, but also utterly fantastic if you sit and think about it, maybe you could dodge between the fingers? OMFG, I can't wait for a trailer with current graphics. Even the damn near year old graphics of the Titan climbing Mount Ilympus was beautiful, imagine the final product.

And here's a new gamesradar article too. http://www.gamesradar.com/ps3/god-o...70022/g-20060713144458560042?EMC-DR6827846776

Lamest part was when I read that the Cestus are on chains too. I hope in the final version, they're metal boxing gloves that don't extend at al.

Last edited:
I have GOW I, II, and CoO, but this one looks to be the best. Awesome. Can't freaking wait.

Some new scans and info from the french mag PSM3.

There's nothing really interessant except that the game will be in 1080p with no loading ( the game will load during cut-scene ) and a perfect framerate.

No sixaxis, no co-op, no multiplayer.

And Santa Monica is helped by Naughty Dog and Insomniac.

photo3.jpg

photo4k.jpg
photo5z.jpg

photo6n.jpg
photo7.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo9e.jpg

photo10c.jpg
http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/740233

Last edited:
I heard from a translation at the GT forum that the wings will be used for finishing moves. Sounds good, but I really wanted flight. It's annoying that they're all talking about stuff that didn't make the 1st 2, but the flying makes the extras of the first game, but not the 3rd... Of course, they could be holding that to their chest.

Update: The aforementioned PS3 exclusives are all slated to arrive during Sony’s fiscal year, which goes until March 31, 2010. That gives them until next spring.

As I have said before, March makes perfect sense for it to come out. Every GOW has come out in March and I'm sure Sony would like to space things out as well, since there is so much coming out this year. :shrug:

So that guy Kratos is chopping the head off is Helios...
Man, it seems that we'll be killing gods like if they were birds. That's good.
The big god's battles must be with Hades, Poseidon and Zeus.
And they said there will be a big revelation for us at the end. What might it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"