The Official God of War Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember the Fate of the Titan video that unlocks after you finish GOW 1. It got me thinking that there could be a spin-off game. Just watch it again if you forgot so you'll know what I mean.

Anyway I have a feeling GOW 3 will be one of the greatest games evah! :cwink:

Remember the Fate of the Titan video that unlocks after you finish GOW 1. It got me thinking that there could be a spin-off game. Just watch it again if you forgot so you'll know what I mean.
Awesome. Maybe they are planning something ahead.

i don't know how would they be able to make a spinoff out of that but if they do it would be really intresting

i don't know how would they be able to make a spinoff out of that but if they do it would be really intresting

I'd rather see a spinoff where Kratos' demon brother was the playable character. He look badass as an adult. Just give him some chain blades and bam!!!!, spinoff.:woot: I wonder if the team wants to do a 4th, or if they're glad to just finish Kratos' story.

Well, they said that they are ending Kratos' story, which is great by me.

Found an article today about the brutality of the game.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/4802.html
If you played the first two God of War titles, you're well aware of the violence and brutality. Even with the old PS2 hardware, things could get pretty nasty. But apparently - and this probably won't come as a huge shock - we haven't seen anything yet; the brutality will hit a whole new level in God of War III.
According to PS3Center, the Santa Monica developers showed off portions of the hotly anticipated action blockbuster to members of the press, and they said, "some of these scenes are so violent, they are never going on the Internet - at least not by us. They're just not appropriate for some audiences." In addition to this titillating comment for all you gore-hounds, they also talked about their new "Zipper Technology," which is only possible thanks to the power of the PlayStation 3. This is the application that "allows enemies' skin to slice open realistically," which means we'll be faced with spilling guts and plenty of blood, provided the wound is deep enough. The article cites a recent OPM article, where they reported seeing Kratos gut a centaur...and the stomach, guts and intestines all came out. We're used to seeing some fairly disgusting things in video games, but just typing this makes us a little nauseous, so the final experience ought to be pretty gross. Of course, the next question is, how far can they really take this...?
Well, guess we're gonna find out. And contrary to any supposed "evidence" that GoWIII will come out later this year, the most likely release date still appears to be March 2010. We wish we could just say, "yeah, it might come out this year!" but sadly, it just ain't true.
Damn.:up:

I'm a satisfied 360 owner, but I have to admit that God of War 3 looks awesome. Too bad I can't play it.

I'm playing GoW 2 for the first time, getting near the end now, but can someone tell me who the Olympian god was with the two chains who pulled out Atlas' spirit?

Hades. A pretty lame design, considering how awesome Zeus looked. And Poseidon looked a bit too feminine to me. They could still change the look of Poseidon, but Hades and Zeus have already been shown in screens, so I'm assuming they were comfortable with those looks.

Of course. Don't know why I didn't figure that out with the whole soul-snatching. I agree it's not that great a design.

Just got the Ram key after sacrificing a little translator blood :D

Just got the Ram key after sacrificing a little translator blood :D
Ok, that's where I am on a bonus playthrough. But my disc messed up(both GOW and GOWII got glitchy on the first disc, but I haven't bought II again), so when I open the door it's just air, and Kratos just falls and dies). You have over an hour left, I think.

And has anyone else had both games glitch so bad that the game is unbeatable? On the first one, my game glitched on the cinematic where you line up all the doors and shine the light, causing the upper part of Pandoras Temple to become accessable. And I played both 5-6x before they broke on me. When GOWII is $10 I'll buy it again, or maybe just borrow it from someone.:cmad:

Hades. A pretty lame design, considering how awesome Zeus looked.
I thought it was great.
It has the looks of a monster and his skin seems nasty. It's what I'd expect from the God of The Underworld.
About his weapon...it must be awesome to face him, since it's similar to ours.

I thought it was great.
It has the looks of a monster and his skin seems nasty. It's what I'd expect from the God of The Underworld.
About his weapon...it must be awesome to face him, since it's similar to ours.

That's what I don't like about it. Just because he's the god of the underworld (which he wasn't before defeating the Titans) it doesn't mean he has to look like some demon. But then similarly i've always prefered the more beautiful look for Lucifer/Satan over a devil, in an artistic sense of course.

Finally finished GoW2. It's quite an achievement for me considering i'm terrible for not finishing games. Loved the ending, now bring on GoW3 :D

Just because he's the god of the underworld (which he wasn't before defeating the Titans) it doesn't mean he has to look like some demon.
It's because he is the god of the underworld that I like the way he looks. It's what I'd expect if it was real.

Finally finished GoW2. It's quite an achievement for me considering i'm terrible for not finishing games. Loved the ending, now bring on GoW3 :D
Congrats, man.
Try on Titan mode, now:woot:

It's because he is the god of the underworld that I like the way he looks. It's what I'd expect if it was real.
But he didn't become god of the underworld until AFTER the Olympians defeated the Titans, yet in Atlas' flashback Hades looks the same.
Congrats, man.
Try on Titan mode, now:woot:
Well I only beat it on easy just so that I could get through the story quickly. Going straight into Titan mode after that would be going from one extreme to the other lol. I'll be giving it a try though.

But he didn't become god of the underworld until AFTER the Olympians defeated the Titans, yet in Atlas' flashback Hades looks the same.

Well I only beat it on easy just so that I could get through the story quickly. Going straight into Titan mode after that would be going from one extreme to the other lol. I'll be giving it a try though.
What extra costumes do you have now? I think you get one for beating any difficulty, but you can't use a dif costume on a difficulty you haven't beaten. Unless you beat hard, then you can use costumes on medium and easy.

But he didn't become god of the underworld until AFTER the Olympians defeated the Titans
Perhaps. Maybe he became the god of the underworld because of his looks and powers. Same with Afrodite and Artemis, for example. It suits them well.

I went from easy mode to god/titan mode directly. It was a big change, but I finished either way.
When Kratos is facing himself is the hardest part of the series.

What extra costumes do you have now? I think you get one for beating any difficulty, but you can't use a dif costume on a difficulty you haven't beaten. Unless you beat hard, then you can use costumes on medium and easy.
On the first, I think I remember playing with the Cow Kratos on hard mode without beating it. I'm not sure, though.
I only know that you can't use it on the hardest level without beating it first.

Last edited:
They sure as hell weren't kidding about facing loads of enemies. =O

Freaking awesome. Glad I have a PS3 :yay:

Can't wait to play it and see what huge-scale bosses the developers have come up with for Kratos to slaughter with reckless abandon.

Ha ha ha! I love that the cyclops's arse-crack is showing from it's loincloth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"