The Official God of War Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kratos, yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[YT]K0u_kAWLJOA[/YT]

Where's visions vision to get his confirmation finally? lol

Looks great, still playing through the 3rd game at the moment which is my first GoW. I am liking an older and more responsible Kratos in The new game, will definitely pick it up at some point.

I dig it. A lot of the creature designs feel very reminiscent of Dark Souls. Specifically those floating/glowing women towards the end. And the guy in the tree, too. Just throw in some cryptic riddles and you're set, haha

This game looks gorgeous. But will it feel satisfying to play, I'm wondering. Great looking games like Last of Us can be a chore to play when the spotlight is taken from interesting gameplay dynamics to cinematic storytelling

Amazing trailer.
I love you, Santa Monica.

It's definitely gonna take getting used to as opposed to the fast paced platforming of the older ones.

Fast paced platforming of the other ones? When?

Really looking forward to this! This and Uncharted are my favourite Sony franchises.

Looks great! Trying to clear my backlog so that I can dive into this when it comes out. I also need to finish Ascension but I’m not crazy worried about that.

This game looks gorgeous. But will it feel satisfying to play, I'm wondering. Great looking games like Last of Us can be a chore to play when the spotlight is taken from interesting gameplay dynamics to cinematic storytelling

I highly disagree here respectfully, and I’m sorry that you thought the Last of Us was a chore to play.

It wasn't as methodical as this seems.
The platforming? Do you mean combat?

Also, old school God of War was pretty slow. Especially when compared to the other games of that style. Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, Bayonetta. Those were a lot faster. This actually seems about the same pace as the old games, maybe a little slower, but just without the big dodge rolls.

I highly disagree here respectfully, and I’m sorry that you thought the Last of Us was a chore to play.
The Last of Us has simply gotten better every time I played it. And I have always enjoyed the combat, if not Ellie being invisible.

The Last of Us has simply gotten better every time I played it. And I have always enjoyed the combat, if not Ellie being invisible.

Yeah each time I play it is just always amazing. I like the gameplay mechanics, which I am sure they’ll improve upon a bit more in part II. Just like ND did with Uncharted 4. But it was one of the first games in a long time that really nailed the characters and the story, the emotions. So well done.

As for this game I am really looking forward to the emotional more story driven connection between him and his son. And the slower pace mixed in as well. That’s what I really loved about Uncharted 4 too. Felt like a perfect marriage to me of like TLOU with Uncharted. Took a slower approach mixed in with the action, but very focused on the characters.

I wish I could be more excited about this. The gameplay videos I have seen don't look very God of War like. I have only played the first 2 games.

Credit where it's due, some of the horror bits are very effective. Especially the part where Joel got stuck in the abandonded hotel's flooded basement.
I might've enjoyed the game more if the story and characters grabbed me more. This God of War could be more my thing in the story aspect

Credit where it's due, some of the horror bits are very effective. Especially the part where Joel got stuck in the abandonded hotel's flooded basement.
I might've enjoyed the game more if the story and characters grabbed me more. This God of War could be more my thing in the story aspect

Hey to each their own, the characters and the story definitely grabbed me. But back to God of War. Very anxious to get to play this. April 20th can’t come soon enough.

[Yt]6vgGGAm7ANc[/MEDIA]

IDK who thought up that presentation, but that person deserves a pay rise. Also, I'm glad to see that the series hasn't completely abandoned the hack and slash fixed camera angles.

I'm still not sold on the idea of the kid tagging along on this adventure.

Last edited:
I have seen that a few times and it is very cool. I couldn't be more excited for this game. God of War 4, Bayonetta 3, The Last of Us 2, Red Dead Redemption 2, potentially Devil May Cry 5. The next year is going to be amazing.

Day One Edition Cover Art:

711719360773.JPG

I've only seen this in international territories. Idk if the US is getting this edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"