The Official God of War Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really shouldn't be watching anything on Youtube or Twitch right now regarding this game.

People spoiling the end all over Youtube.
Goddamn, these bastards. A good spoiler filter can't come soon enough.

I saw one channel that had videos of all the boss fights and the picture for each video was a screencapture from the fights. The final boss fight video popped up on my recommended videos with a picture of the final boss. It's from a channel I've never even heard of. So I blame youtube and that channel for that bit of BS.

Quick question for those that actually paid attention to the game news: Does this play like the other GoW games or something different?

I've never been much of a fan of the Hack n Slash games like the others I tried.

Quick question for those that actually paid attention to the game news: Does this play like the other GoW games or something different?

I've never been much of a fan of the Hack n Slash games like the others I tried.
It functions a bit more like Dark Souls (you now attack with the shoulder buttons and the parry system is a big deal), but more hack n slash. Here is a gameplay video so you can see for yourself.

[YT]2e-yAATMjBI[/YT]

The original God of War was the best to me and they progressively got worse with each entry. Hopefully this breaks that pattern for me.

Same, God of War is still my favorite game of all time, with RE4, Witcher 3, MGS3: Subsistence and Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening rounding out my top 5.

What is everyone else's top 5?

Last edited:
I get paid today so will be grabbing this later or tomorrow.

I saw one channel that had videos of all the boss fights and the picture for each video was a screencapture from the fights. The final boss fight video popped up on my recommended videos with a picture of the final boss. It's from a channel I've never even heard of. So I blame youtube and that channel for that bit of BS.

Saw that thumbnail spoiling the final boss, hope the guy that uploaded it steps on broken glass any second now.

Without telling me what they are, can anyone tell me how many melee weapons besides the axe are in the game?

cant wait to pick up my copy after work!!! after I do my exercise i'm playing this game alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll afternoon, evening and night :D

I checked out some gameplay and I think I'll skip this one despite looking decent. If one of my Youtube LPers does a playthrough I'll watch it though.

it pains me that I don't have a ps4. Once I get one the must-have games together will cost just about as much as the console itself

31036813_10156424036682244_3931764626859375851_n.jpg

You should definitely try it out. It isnt every day that a game gets this sort of consistent high praise across the board. Many are calling it a masterpiece of storytelling and gameplay. Even non-gaming publications like Telegraph and Guardian have given the game a 100 on metacritic. And the game is still at 95 after 86 reviews.

Not even trying the game would be a shame.

I'll admit I am tempted to take this out of the plastic, I am a sucker for good graphics and story driven games...

31225496_10156427344392244_6943338057712420524_n.jpg

Been playing this since friday, this game is amazing, I am really enjoying the father-son relationship, more then I thought I would at first.

Won't spoil anything, but there are so many awesome moments in this game.

This game is wonderful. Truly amazing stuff. It’s so beautiful on so many levels and so brutal as well. I really love the combat system. The father and son dynamic is great too.

For those that have beaten the game, is the axe the only melee weapon in the game? If there are others I don't want want to know what they other, just how many.

Since hand to hand combat is a thing in this game, I'd love the cestus to make a spiritual comeback in the sequel. Besides the Blade of Olympus, the Cestus was the only non-blades weapon that I enjoyed in the trilogy.

For those that have beaten the game, is the axe the only melee weapon in the game? If there are others I don't want want to know what they other, just how many.

Since hand to hand combat is a thing in this game, I'd love the cestus to make a spiritual comeback in the sequel. Besides the Blade of Olympus, the Cestus was the only non-blades weapon that I enjoyed in the trilogy.

There is one other melee weapon in the game.

I hope this game cements this series as a permanent entry every few years for the rest of time. :cool:

While I enjoyed games like The Last of Us and similar to that, I was never that much into it as much as I am games like Fallout or Skyrim. This game looks like it plays more like a Skyrim themed TLOU with melee combos.

Basically, if it was more like the games I liked then I'd be interested but it's more like the games I don't so I'm not. :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"