The Official God of War Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you can play the previous games after this one.
Face them like prequels.

Got this game last week after Universal praise, by the Gods, it is as good as they say.

Yeah this games definitely a shoo-in for Game of the Year.

I seriously can't think of anything else that can top it this year, an amazing 10 out of 10 game.

The way I see it RDR 2 is the closest competition

Have finally finished this game, and can safely say that it's easily one of the best games of this console generation :up:

I cannot wait for the sequel, which I presume will involve [BLACKOUT]Ragnarok heavily, given that Kratos and Atreus kickstarted it by killing Baldur. I guess the other realms that are unaccessible will be involved, so I can't wait to visit Asgard.

It's very rare for a game to end in such a complete fashion, but also tease the possibilities of a sequel, but this one does it perfectly.[/BLACKOUT]

Last edited:
I doubt it comes this generation. The sequel will probably be one of the launch titles for the PS5.

I doubt it comes this generation. The sequel will probably be one of the launch titles for the PS5.

I hope not. I dont want Santa Monica trying to make the next God of War while trying to figure out the software and hardware of a new unproven console. That just adds extra work and complications to the production of God of War 5. Either release it on the PS4 Pro which theyve proven they can do or wait until the PS5 has been out for a couple years and all the problems are worked out. But if they do the latter that will put God of War 5's release date around 2023 and they will have lost the momentum that God of War 4 has created.

Not to mention, by making GOW5 a PS5 launch title, they will be asking a lot of fans of GOW4 to drop hundreds of dollars for a brand new console just to play the next game. That will cause aggravation and bad press. Or they will have to make the game for PS4 Pro and PS5 to accomodate all their fans. That isnt ideal at all.

They did the smart thing with God of War 2 when they decided to make it for PS2 rather than making it a PS3 launch title and I hope they will be just as smart with God of War 5.

Last edited:
Barlog's said it won't be another 5 year development time. 2-3 is more realistic

If it's 3 years plus then it might be getting close to being the start of the next gen or the end of this one.

Barlog's said it won't be another 5 year development time. 2-3 is more realistic
Yep. They had to build the last game from the ground up. Won't be the case this next time. I also wouldn't expect the one shot camera, which might save some time as well.

You really think they didn't have a sequel planned? I expect new content by years end.

You really think they didn't have a sequel planned? I expect new content by years end.

Cory, the director, has already said there wont be any dlc for this game. Just like all the other God of War games.

I really can't imagine the sequel being released in just 2-3 years. Huge games like this one are taking a long time to be made. Having the basics already done can reduce a lot of time, indeed, but I don't think it's that much, and I also can't imagine crossing 2020 without at least marketing the PS5 for the following year. At least.

I wish the next generation could take longer to come out, but you know how it works. Tech evolves quickly. And we also don't know if they want to work on another IP. Look at The Last of Us, for example. It had Uncharted 4 between the first and second games. It will have been 5 or 6 years between them and the hype is still big.

Time or momentum is certainly not what is gonna kill the hype for a sequel to GoW. Just look at the campaign until GoW4's release. From the little leaked images, to the big E3 reveal and onwards. They know how to build all the hype it needs until they finally release it.

You guys are being overly optimistc if you think it can come in 2020 and still be at least as good as this one is.

Cory himself said a lot of the time came from mapping out the next two trilogies and creating the gameplay and style from scratch. He himself said it wasn't going to take another 5 years. They also aren't working on multiple games. When they work on God of War, they work on God of War.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"