Gotham The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
somehow, and I blame Batman (1966) for it, I always thought Gotham was in California

Definitely one of the sunniest, low rise buildings, wide streets Batman ever.
And that's including the two serials from the 1940s.

I've seen some interesting reactions over the Web about this but how would you guys feel if the show did turn Ed and Penguin's relationship into that of lovers?

I'd welcome it. It's the direction they've been taking that relationship since they started interacting. It would make sense.

I'm sure it'll be interesting regardless of which direction they take with Penguin and Nygma.

I know how I'll be spending my monday nights regardless.

Gotham is LIT! :woot::woot::woot: h8terz h8te but really this show is on a roll :mnm:

I've seen some interesting reactions over the Web about this but how would you guys feel if the show did turn Ed and Penguin's relationship into that of lovers?

it weird. then again im an old skool Batfan so any romance angle where camaraderie is just as sensible a relationship is just weird to me. in this day and age being BFFs isnt enough anymore, its always got something to do with trying to get into each others pants :whatever:

No! They did not make Penguin gay...
And they neutered Man-Hatter an made him a simple Gordon obsessed murderer instead of a child abuser.
It was already one of the worst DC series (worst being Legends)
This whole series has been a huge pile of horse manure on Batman's characters with one of the main villains being a fishy one created to piss off fans.

Not even a mustache, glasses and raincoat can save Gotham now. Maybe Grant Gustin can reboot the whole series with Flashpoint...

Ow man, Gordon really needed the Netflix treatment.

And where is Harvey Dent?

Last edited:
I never liked the whole sexual abuse stuff with The Mad Hatter, so I'm glad the show avoided it mostly.

I'm all for a Penguin/Riddler romance... as long as Oswald doesn't show him his ''french flipper trick''. :o

Mad Hatter being a pedo makes his character a hell of a lot more interesting to me. Reminds me of Freddy Krueger in a sense. You know what he is, but its not extremely obvious. As far as Riddler and Penguin go, make them rivals! I want them to really hate one another. Have Penguin to stab Riddler in the back and Riddler to get revenge in the most evil way. I want to see Riddler's death traps soon.

Mad Hatter has always had questionable sexual orientation, but where do you get that he's a pedophile from the Gotham adaptation? Have I missed something?

Mad Hatter has always had questionable sexual orientation, but where do you get that he's a pedophile from the Gotham adaptation? Have I missed something?

I know nothing about the comic book version of Mad Hatter. Yet the Gotham adaptation made it abundantly clear to me that he was a child molestor.

I think the producers nipped that in the bud with Nygma's blatently heterosexual interest in the Miss Kringle look-alike. Oswald is going to be so heart broken. Does confirm Penguin is gay though.

I know nothing about the comic book version of Mad Hatter. Yet the Gotham adaptation made it abundantly clear to me that he was a child molestor.
Again, from what? Incest is one thing. What scene are you talking about?

Again, from what? Incest is one thing. What scene are you talking about?

We don't know Alice's age but Naian González Norvind's age range is 15-24 (she's at least 21 irl and Benedict Samuels is 28). If Alice's in her late teens then that also implied that Mad Hatter is a child molester.

The scene with Jim and Hatter at the table, Jim said that Alice told him that Hatter used to touch her when they were kids. Jim said "She killed herself rather than be with you". Listen to the way Hatter says he loved her and how passionate he is. He means he was in love with his sister. Hatter is most likely a few years older than her. In adolescence, there needs to be at least a 5 year age difference for one to be considered a pedophile.

Jervis "most likely being a few years older" than Alice doesn't make him a pedophile. That's no case. Is there anything else on the show making him a child molester?

I'm not American so I don't know how American define it but don't child molesters generally need to have underage victim to be called child molesters? If Alice is underage (because Naian González Norvind's age range is 15-24) and her brother is over 18 then technically that makes him a child molester? (And even if Alice is over 18 now he may started abusing her before that).

Honestly that makes no sense. Say the age of consent in a state is 18; a boy is 18 and his girl is 17 and they have sex. Does that make him a child molester? We can argue technicalities all we want but I don't think any reasonable person would claim he was sexually deviant.

It becomes even worse if we're calling him a "pedophile"; those are adult people attracted to pre-pubescent children. Then again the level of sexual hysteria in parts of the Western world has risen to such an extent that nowadays you can practically get away with calling 40-year-old men "pedophiles" for sleeping with 20-year-old girls.

Mad Hatter should be creepy as f. who uses tech in hats to control people.
This is just another murdering psycho with a superpower, who was in love with his sister. Blaming Gordon for his loss is just lazy writing.

Honestly that makes no sense. Say the age of consent in a state is 18; a boy is 18 and his girl is 17 and they have sex. Does that make him a child molester? We can argue technicalities all we want but I don't think any reasonable person would claim he was sexually deviant.

Well again as I said I am not American so I don't know how American perceive it, but not every states in the US have age gap law which permit sexual act between two persons who are close in age but one over age of consent and the other under age of consent. As far as I know in some states a 18 year-old person having sex with a 17 year-old person (even with consent) can still be considered sexual assault, so I totally understand why Asharad considers Mad Hatter clearly a child molester.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"