Gotham The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird that they didn't promote this week's episode as the fall finale in last week's promo.

They're pretty bad at promoting the show.

Really? they always seem to release every clip of the episode before it even airs. :o

That's not being good at promoting the show :/

Tbh tho they've lain off on releasing so much of the episode material in the promos.

Spoilers for Gotham's midseason finale...

After the show, a promo was shown that confirmed that Jerome will return in January! Cameron Monaghan posted these photos on Twitter shortly after (below).

^ Yeah, save for just a few aspects, it's been a lot more solid than I initially anticipated. Hopefully it keeps this momentum and builds on it substantially when they return.

Solid for Gotham standards, yes. Mad Hatter has arguably been the best part of it and the show seems to get how ridiculous and over the top it is. It doesn't hold a candle to most of the other comic book based shows on right now and it's still got flaws aplenty, but it's definitely more...enjoyable to watch as opposed to frustrating.

Agreed. I just hope they fix some of the flaws going forward and don't look back. The show certainly has potential and it can be very good. But it just lacks consistency a lot of the time.

Tonight was the first time in quite a while that I was literally eager, on the edge of my seat to see what would happen next.

They need to evoke those feelings more often.

Can't wait to see Jerome come back.

Those prosthetic pics with the carved smile are bringing in the hype.

Agreed. I just hope they fix some of the flaws going forward and don't look back. The show certainly has potential and it can be very good. But it just lacks consistency a lot of the time.

Tonight was the first time in quite a while that I was literally eager, on the edge of my seat to see what would happen next.

They need to evoke those feelings more often.

Agreed, between Cat and Bruce's heist, Jim racing against time to save Lee, and Barbara hamming it up, it was the best ep in a while.

I had been critical of how the Season started but it seems to have found its footing again.

Really good first half not as good as last season's first half but still really good. Best parts Mad Hatter, Riddler and Penguin bromance, and evil Barnes.

Cameron Monaghan continued his Joker teases today and posted this photo. He deleted it soon after.

Cy1ng_CSXg_AADSKr_jpg_large.jpg

Now when I went back and looked a previous teaser, I paired them both together and found something quite interesting.

Cy2i_NRd_WQAAZp_TK_jpg_large.jpg

Pretty sure he's gonna keep releasing these images one-by-one until the entire puzzle is completed and we get a full look at his Joker.

I'm thinking the same, and I'm loving these teases. :D

It'll be nice to have him back on the show for a while. Ideally he should stay as a recurring character to the end of the show.

Episode 15 is titled "How the Riddler got his name". That's exciting.

Maybe this question has already been asked....But whats up with the inconstancies with the automobiles used in Gotham. A couple weeks back Bruce was driving a modern Rolls Royce and I think I recall seeing a modern Bently once also.....
CofZ5DoVYAEOrIA.jpg

Maybe this question has already been asked....But whats up with the inconstancies with the automobiles used in Gotham. A couple weeks back Bruce was driving a modern Rolls Royce and I think I recall seeing a modern Bently once also.....
The show isn't meant to be set in a specific era.

The show isn't meant to be set in a specific era.

I think you are correct I did a little search and also found this...

Gotham showrunner Bruno Heller explained this to Entertainment Weekly some time ago:
Gotham is not set in any particular time period: Okay, this has been out there a bit, but Heller had a nice quote elaborating on the show’s timeless quality: “It’s a mash-up, to use the modern phrase,” he said. “If today Batman exists, then this world is the past. But it’s everybody’s past, an 18-year-old’s past and a 54-year-old’s past. So in your memory, the past is all mashed up together. So in this Gotham, it’s a kind of timeless world. It’s yesterday, it’s today, and it’s tomorrow all at the same time, because that’s the world that dreams live in.”

Cameron Monaghan continued his Joker teases today and posted this photo. He deleted it soon after.

Cy1ng_CSXg_AADSKr_jpg_large.jpg

Now when I went back and looked a previous teaser, I paired them both together and found something quite interesting.

Cy2i_NRd_WQAAZp_TK_jpg_large.jpg

Pretty sure he's gonna keep releasing these images one-by-one until the entire puzzle is completed and we get a full look at his Joker.

I'm adoring these teases. :woot:

If they kill him off again, I swear to god there will be bloodshed. :argh: :o

I hope they keep Joker or Jerome on the show until it ends.

Gotta hand it to them, he does look scary.

I wonder are they referencing Joker with his face cut off in recent years.

Made a photoshop mockup of what Monaghan's Joker may look like!

IMGf_4635.jpg

Also, while playing around with it, I created this. And it's creepy as hell lol.

IMG_4635.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back