Gotham The Official Gotham News and discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would really dig it if they have several different characters that could potentially become the Joker that would leave us speculating. Throughout the course of the series, some of them get killed off and others come in. By the end, one of them officially becomes the Joker. That would be awesome :woot:.

That's exactly what I said they should do in the villains thread. Depending on the time frame of the series, for the series finale they could even have an Ace Chemicals heist be the first public appearance of Batman and one of the candidates falls into the vat, but they never reveal which one.

I'm wondering just how they'll finesse the aging of the kid who plays Bruce. Well, assuming the series lasts several years, anyway. I guess we'll see (maybe). I'd have been okay with just sending Bruce off to a boarding school after the pilot episode, and maybe Alfred shows up from time to time as the steward of certain Wayne family business interests.

They said they plan to use time jumps.

For all we know, the kid who's playing twelve year old Bruce might only be around for a season before the series skips ahead several years.

They said they plan to use time jumps.

For all we know, the kid who's playing twelve year old Bruce might only be around for a season before the series skips ahead several years.
Oh, they did confirm that? Because I was wondering the same thing :funny:.

Makes sense though, if they plan on ending the show with Bruce putting on the cowl.

The producer was just talking casually so that idea might not be set in stone.

So if people love the stories surrounding 12 year old Bruce and want more of him, I'm sure they might change their plans.

I would love to see time jumps however.

Last edited:
I’m wondering if a longtime gripe of mine will be addressed. Will Gotham be set in a particular state, or will the scripts avoid any sort of casual mention of this? For an ongoing, dramatic series, I think this is somewhat problematic. Historically, the city is portrayed as being coastal, but that's it. Just for example, if someone is catching a train, is New York City or Chicago closer? Or maybe Los Angeles? Also, it becomes difficult to rationalize just whether Gotham’s problems have “spillover” potential to other communities in the region (and yes, I am well aware of Bludhaven.) I just haven’t heard a compelling rationale yet as to why it’s so important for 99% of DC’s cities to be officially divorced from being associated with any US state. At least Smallville was willing to acknowledge being in Kansas (though I don’t think this was official until John Byrne’s Superman tenure in the 1980s). There are even story possibilities that get cut off because of this. Do the state police ever get involved in Gotham’s crime waves? Is there a Gotham County—and as such, a sheriff and deputy police force? What’s the governor’s take on Gotham’s status quo? Is it constantly running deficits every year? Is it facing receivership or bankruptcy? I don’t have a problem with supporting the show but this is one of those lingering side issues that I just find bizarre.

Last edited:
they should be releasing pictures of this pretty soon right?

I'm not sure, but didn't we hear they start filming next week? It's just funny to think Flash, Constantine & Gotham beginning in consecutive weeks. Life is gooood.

Wish they'd release a pic of McKenzie in costume, then. We've already got official first look photos of The Flash and Constantine. Why not go three for three?

I'm thinking Harvey, Bruce and Selina will all be friends and the same age. They've already revealed that Harvey will be a character on the show

Wish they'd release a pic of McKenzie in costume, then. We've already got official first look photos of The Flash and Constantine. Why not go three for three?

Because Gordon doesn't really have a costume. He might just slap some specs on.

Oh, they did confirm that? Because I was wondering the same thing :funny:.

Makes sense though, if they plan on ending the show with Bruce putting on the cowl.
Yeah, that might be the best idea all around. Hopefully we won't get too attatched to the young actors. I wonder if they'll jump to Bruce being High School, or College, or to him as an adult? Would they eventually have to recast Mckenzie for an older actor?

They want to mitigate and put off the ****storm when it's revealed Gordon doesn't have a mustache.

He shouldn't have a moustache in his youth.

As the series progresses, I'd like to see him with some form of facial hair, so the stache will eventually break in.

Tweet from Logue:

donal logue ‏@donallogue Mar 15
good day with @ben_mckenzie - he's crushing #Gotham

I'm guessing we'll get an official photo this week!

I'm fine with glasses + stubble if they don't do the stache initially

Since he's young, it would be fine if he only wore glasses for reading and watching TV with.
Then as time goes on in seasons, he wears glasses permanently.
Clean shaven or a bit of stubble at first.

No mustache, no glasses, no stubble. I'm fine with it though. But they could've at least given him glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"