The Official Green Lantern Thread III: Brighter! Greener! Shinier! Lantern...ier...! - Part 2

The Ganthet thing technically happened at the end of the War of the Green Lanterns: Aftermath 2 parter. The NG issue just showed the aftermath of well...the aftermath.

GLC has been alright. I think anybody who had any issues with the Alpha Lanterns all these years like I did will walk away pretty satisfied with the recent happenings in that book. Good riddance.

I hated the Alpha Lanterns too :cmad: If i had to rank the GL titles, i would go GL, NG, then GLC

2 MORE years of Johns on GL? I'm kinda done with him, this franchise needs new blood.

I think that Johns from Green Lantern: Rebirth to Blackest Night was great, he mixed several events to make an awesome Saga, and Trilogy as he called Rebirth, Sinestro Corps War and Blackest night. But now he doesn't seem to know where he's going, he's just trying to toss event after event, i have no problem with his stories right now, in fact i'm enjoying a lot but this franchise does need new blood.

Eh, I think I'd take Johns' GL over a lot of other guys. Bedard and Tomasi's books don't hold a candle to GL's.

Doesn't have to be those guys, who would you guys want to replace Johns?

Yea I'm glad the Alpha Lanterns are gone. Theyre just dumb and take up too much space that could be used better

they should stay, but not as over-the-top villainous as they were

an internal affairs department could add some occasional tension

Yea, I do like the IAD aspect but they were ****ing nazis man lol

Doesn't have to be those guys, who would you guys want to replace Johns?
Yes, I'm just saying that as a comparison. And the thing is, those would probably be the two best guys in DC's stable for it.

Who else does DC have? Snyder? Lemire? Lobdell? None of them are better suited to write GL than Johns.

I'd take cornell

or maybe a short noir-ish police-focused take by azzarello

Hm. Cornell maybe.

But it's weird it hasn't really had a breakout series yet.

I though Snyder the other day, I think he could do it well. I just feel Johns is going through the motions now and I love this run he has had, it just seems he is on fumes.

I really enjoyed Tomasi's GLC run. I wouldn't mind seeing him on GL proper.

Totally agree with that, the man is the best kept secret DC has.

Manapul's colorist is already awesome. I'd love to see what he does with the GL lights.

Was able to pick up issues 3-6 of NG today and I am loving this book! Some of it is a bit silly but I think it's really good so far, what I've read at least. The Orrery is ****ing wicked. Makes the Death Star look like a vagina

New Guardians has been a lot of fun. I see a lot of REBELS overtones to it, which was one of Bedard's better series. Removed from their corps and forced to work with enemies, some of the otherwise bland rainbow characters (Arkillo, Bleez) have actually become interesting. I like that Kyle just rolled with the punches, too. He didn't spend a lot of time complaining about how he no longer had the backing of the GLC like most other longtime Lanterns probably would; that s*** ain't new to him and he knows without a doubt that he can hack it on his own. :)

Yea. I'm loving the idea of members from each Corps teaming up like this. Plus, Saint Walker and Arkillo are just awesome together. Who ever would have thought this could work out like this???
I just love how rich and how much depth there is to all these GL books currently. The only books I've read that didn't really grab me were the last 3 GLC issues. GL, RL and NG are all quality stuff though

I dropped GLC as soon as the characters started killing everything in sight. That's not what the Corps is supposed to be about, as far as I'm concerned, and it irritated the hell out of me.

I hope he isn't introduced at the expense of one of the other GL's from Earth.

You know that's probably what's going to happen. I guess I'll stick around to see what's up but I dunno if this is a good move or not. Sounds like they are just introducing an Arab character just to be introducing an Arab character. There are enough GLs from Earth as it is in my eyes. But hey, it could be good

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"