The Official Green Lantern Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was the best place I could find to post this;

GREEN LANTERN REBIRTH #4 PREVIEW

I don't know about the rest of you but I am officially the most excited person in the world right now....

...I'm going to go lay down somewhere.

Holy sh** that makes me force myself to save money for Wednesday...

holy **** what do you guys is gonna happen.

TheDevilwithin said:
holy **** what do you guys is gonna happen.

Sinestro and GA are going fight it out and hal comes in at the end to join the fight.

Taking into account what Sinestro said, all those constructs of Coast City and Hal's parents were Sinestro and Prallax gaining control. That feakin awesome!

I still think Gathnet is under Parallax controll.

Would explain why he ordered Kyle to be stabbed and killed at the end of Ben Raab's run.

Hal.gif

See how the armpit area is rounded there?

newhalwog.jpg

This is the new one with sharper design ;)

When does GL #5 come out? This is the best book out there right now. It's great watching Johns set up multiple plotlines, I have to read each issue several times to make sure I catch everything. I hope he stays on GL for 4 or 5 years!

GL#5 isn't out till November 5th.

It's fastly becoming one of the biggest casulties of Infinite Crisis.

I'm sure the delays will stop when Geoff Johns gets more time.

Yeah, I read that after Infinite Crisis he is gonna give more time to his ongoing monthly comics. It sucks that a comic this great is being plagued by lateness.

I hate to again be the bearer of bad news, but Green Lantern has yet again suffered another set back.

Green Lantern #5 is planned for November 16, 2005.
Green Lantern #6 is planned for December 21, 2005.
Green Lantern #7 is planned for December 28, 2005.
Green Lantern #8 is planned for January 25, 2006.

So much for two issues in a row in November. Honestly the delays are now past a joke, anyone would think Kevin Smith was writing them.

Apparantly it is all Ethan's fault. Hopefully once the art team changes we can actually have a Green Lantern monthly again. Shame because Ethans work on the title is amazing.

The curse of Hal Jordan strikes again.

Green Lantern #6 pencils from Simone Bianchi.

gl6017op.jpg

...wow.

I bought all the rebirth stuff and the secret files and GL #1, but thats where I stopped.

Planing to pick up the last 5 issues that came out since then, this week.

Mostly because of the cover of number 6, mostly.

has anyone read the solicits to green lantern number, batman might get a gl ring!

I saw it and I was immediately turned off. 1) We've already seen it in the Batman: In Darkest Knight Elseworld, and 2) giving Batman powers makes him even worse than the dreaded prep time does now.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I saw it and I was immediately turned off. 1) We've already seen it in the Batman: In Darkest Knight Elseworld, and 2) giving Batman powers makes him even worse than the dreaded prep time does now.

Yeah it kind of annoyed me too. We'll see where it goes.

While I'm here:

New cover for GL10 (with correct ring now).

glcv10b8ab.jpg

And page 4 for #7.

gl704a9hf.jpg

Also right from Geoff:
Green Lantern 7, 8 and 9 will be coming out within the next 6 weeks through the end of February. Carlos did a spectacular job on the Mongul story and Ethan's Batman and GL team-up...it's not quite what you're going to expect and I can't wait for it to hit the stands.

Hopefully that means Feburary is GL month.

Man, what is going on with Pacheco?? That page looks awful for him. I hope it's just because he's rushing to get them out on time. I don't know what I'd do if Pacheco were actually losing his touch. :(

What ring was Hal wearing on the cover before?

It was just wrong, the logo wasn't in a circle.

GreenLanternCv10.jpg

I actually prefer that colouring job personally, but nice to see artists and colourists care about the ring shape.

I thought the Pacheco art was weird too, I'd like him to actually do more Green Lantern work but apparantly he asked to leave when he heard EVS was moving on.

Pacheco asked to leave when he heard Ethan Van Sciver was moving to Superman/Batman? :confused:

Yeah, I found an older version of the cover after I posted. I'm glad they cared enough to show Hal wearing his old-school ring. I also like the older coloring more. I like how it's washed out with green. It makes it feel like Hal's ring is glowing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"