The Dark Knight Rises The Official Harley Quinn Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure you could have the people of Gotham vote to kill someone without seeming to retread the moral conundrum presented by the boat sequence in TDK.

true but it be alot more convincing than him getting killed because The Joker had alot of power for one man. So if they went that route it would be more realistic plus the people all voted to blow up the other boat anyway and this time the governmet ot political structure of Gotham would make sure of it without the whole moral dilemma.

Im really happy to see there are alot of Amy fans out there who support her :woot:. She was supper low but now shes number 14

true but it be alot more convincing than him getting killed because The Joker had alot of power for one man. So if they went that route it would be more realistic plus the people all voted to blow up the other boat anyway and this time the governmet ot political structure of Gotham would make sure of it without the whole moral dilemma.

I see where you're coming from. Personally I don't think it'd work because of the similar scenario in the TDK, but it'd be an interesting theme to see whether the people of Gotham would vote for it after everything he did or if they'd be better than that.

While In Arkham the people of Gotham vote to have the Joker killed by the electric chair.

the hell? hA HA :funny:. if this is a hypothetical movie you want anyone to take seriously, adhering to basic judicial systems would a be start ha ha:cwink:

(yes I know no one batted an eyelid when Lau was held by MCu without formal extradition, but your idea is far more glaring than that)

What we didnt see prior to his release in Batman Begins is that the reason he got out was because of the intern at Arkham,Halreen Quinzel. She hears about this vote that Gotham city decides to cast against the Joker and goes mad. Now harley cant carry a movie alone by her self wreaking havoc on Gotham and taking revenge because although the motives are the same she would be to similar to the joker. So. Two Face and Maybe Poision Ivy should be included.

Harley wanting to save Joker is perfectly appropriate. and you're right she can't hold a movie on her own, the idea of her appearing without substantial appearances side-by-side with the Joker shouldn't even be entertained. it'd be like making a Catwoman movie without Batman :csad:

Harley wanting to save Joker is perfectly appropriate. and you're right she can't hold a movie on her own, the idea of her appearing without substantial appearances side-by-side with the Joker shouldn't even be entertained. it'd like making a Catwoman movie without Batman :csad:

LMAO!!!!!

That'd be a fantastic idea!:woot: I know who could pull off the role perfectly, Ha...oh...wait....:csad:

The thing is a Catwoman origin story wouldn't be bad provided that she just shows up as cat burglar. This would leave open the possibility for a spinoff ala X-Men Origins;: Wolverine. Oh Also it would work if Nolan wrote it too. But anywhoo back on the topic of Halrey ..recast the joker and introduce her.
with Amy Acker as lead lady. Shes not well known outside of Angel but thats ok because its not like Nolan is taking a risk because hes proven to the public he knows how to write and hes proven to the movie company he works for that he can make alot of money. And come on how can you say no to this face?

amy_acker_01.jpg

Ok ive looked at these polls and i just have to ask a question. I can understand people voting for Bell as Harley it makes alot of sense so i can understand her being in first place around here. but why is Brittany Murphy the runner up choice?

Ok ive looked at these polls and i just have to ask a question. I can understand people voting for Bell as Harley it makes alot of sense so i can understand her being in first place around here. but why is Brittany Murphy the runner up choice?

Maybe she puts out. A lot...?:cwink:

On a serious note, I'm not sure why. She's only really convincing to me when playing the clueless ditz and while that might seem suited to Harley Quinn, I don't think it really is. Someone who becomes that unhinged is pretty dangerous, and I've never seen her pull off anything other than the ditzy roles well at all.

Because she has the right look, the right voice and the age and range to play her.

She's played nutty (Drop Dead Gorgeous), naive (Clueless), psychologically damaged (Don't Say a Word), crazy (Girl, Interrupted), dramatic (Sin City) and bimbo (the rest). Those are what makes Harley Quinn.

brittany_harley2.jpg

The thing is a Catwoman origin story wouldn't be bad provided that she just shows up as cat burglar. This would leave open the possibility for a spinoff ala X-Men Origins;: Wolverine. Oh Also it would work if Nolan wrote it too. But anywhoo back on the topic of Halrey ..recast the joker and introduce her.
with Amy Acker as lead lady. Shes not well known outside of Angel but thats ok because its not like Nolan is taking a risk because hes proven to the public he knows how to write and hes proven to the movie company he works for that he can make alot of money. And come on how can you say no to this face?

Since we do not know anything about Jokers backstory, that could leave open Harleys relations with him. Harley could be a woman scorned by Batman and Gotham PD....carrying an agenda and lots of baggage to Gotham. In Birds of Prey she is cast as early mid-aged and I think that worked well.

Because she has the right look, the right voice and the age and range to play her.

She's played nutty (Drop Dead Gorgeous), naive (Clueless), psychologically damaged (Don't Say a Word), crazy (Girl, Interrupted), dramatic (Sin City) and bimbo (the rest). Those are what makes Harley Quinn.

brittany_harley2.jpg
So shes basically played Harley before.... i still wouldnt mnid her, if she can pull of Dr. Quinzel.

Katee Sackhoff.

She's a great actress, can sell herself as a physical threat and can act insane very well.

Katee Sackhoff is definitely another good alternative. I just have a harder time imagining her portraying the girly or perkier side of the character, but then, I'm not sure a Nolanized Harley would have that side at all.

Kristen Bell's still my top choice, but Katee Sackhoff, Amy Acker, and Zooey Deschanel would all be good choices too (albeit very different interpretations, all of them).

I'm surprised Reese Witherspoon is being ignored, she's almost as perfect for the role as Brittany Murphy.

Id love to see Reese as Harley, shed probably be a little expensiv,e but she would be great in the role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"