Arrow The Official Helena Bertinelli Thread

Watching Episode 17 of Season 1 again, man... even I want to put Helena into the ground with every fiber of my being. The writers will have to perform a miracle to redeem her.

Watching Episode 17 of Season 1 again, man... even I want to put Helena into the ground with every fiber of my being. The writers will have to perform a miracle to redeem her.

I don't think they want to redeem her. The part of the ep description about Helena being gone doesn't seem like they are going that route. It seems like she will end up dead or in prison at the end of the ep.

Or The Question swoops in at the end and takes her to Richard Dragon.

Boom. Faithful to the comics.

Well maybe she did kill them, I don't think she did but I guess we'll find out.

Even the guys Ollie shot in the pilot, in the underground garage, were squirming on the ground, when he it them. Each Cop dropped like a sack of potatoes and didn't move. And unless each Cop had hard armor plates inside their vests, each of those crossbow bolts went through them like they were butter.

You know what, that's actually a fair point.

I only saw the episode once and I don't care to watch it or the other Helena episodes again so I'll take your word for it.

It's because the Helena episodes went out of their way to paint her as a psychopathic killer who murders without remorse, or control, everyone assumed she mortally injured her victims. But those cops were wearing vests, and McKenna managed to survive getting shot in the chest by Huntress.

Hold it, turns out I could be wrong, while she did shoot them in the vests, Nathan posted a link that shows that the darts could still have penetrated enough to kill them.

One thing is certain and that is that Helena is bat**** crazy. I guess we'll find out If she killed them in episode 17.

Even the guys Ollie shot in the pilot, in the underground garage, were squirming on the ground, when he it them. Each Cop dropped like a sack of potatoes and didn't move. And unless each Cop had hard armor plates inside their vests, each of those crossbow bolts went through them like they were butter.

Good point, I'm just surprised that an dart could kill them where as a bullet couldn't. I'm sure we'll find out if she killed them in episode17

Good point, I'm just surprised that an dart could kill them where as a bullet couldn't.

That's because the woven kevlar is meant to protect you from the impact of blunt projectiles. Sharp and pointy objects like arrow tips or knifes go through between the woven parts.

^ I see now, but still I don't recall there being much fuss afterwards, oliver didn't say whether they were dead or not during his talk with McKenna

Why would he even bring it up? Was Oliver there?

I don't think they want to redeem her. The part of the ep description about Helena being gone doesn't seem like they are going that route. It seems like she will end up dead or in prison at the end of the ep.

You could interpret it the other way as well; that the synopsis mentioning her mental state might be an indication that they plan to redeem the character. An argument could be put forth that her character is on the verge of a breakdown and that she might learn the errors of her ways after said breakdown. And that if they weren't planning to redeem the character, her mental state would not have been brought up due to the laws of conservation of detail.

Clearly, both are subjective. It depends on how you interpret the evidence.

Well I'm sure all our questions will be answered with the BOP episode

My question is why is she wearing a Catholic cross around her neck, when she's going around and killing people?

Seems slightly sacreligious.. and pointless.

arrow_huntress_1.jpg

I mean, technically she's probably going to hell for all she's done.

Actually, that's something that's present in the comics as well. Huntress has always struggled between some of her personal demons/failings and her religious faith. If I remember correctly (correct me if I'm wrong) one of her early costumes was actually modeled after a Catholic nun's outfit.

It just seemed like there was no struggle for Arrow's Helena. She killed without hesitation or remorse.

I didn't say that it was done WELL (it was done really badly in fact). I'm just pointing out that the whole Catholic thing is present in the comics as well. It's just done much better there.

I hope that they change her costume for Birds of Prey because while I liked the first one, it was almost devoid of visible color. It would be nice if they kept the same silhouette but reversed the black and purple and emphasized the silver more.

Sara will get through to her and they will team up with Felicity for at least an episode. Maybe they'll all team up against the suicide squad with Deathstroke instead of Dig or hopefully an pic battle with the LoS.

Looks like she won't be getting a new costume. I don't mind, but I would've liked to see what else they could've come up with.

I thought Helena was really good in BoP. A vast improvement from the first two episodes. I just wish she was her own, unique character, because she's not The Huntress.

Her outfit looks much cooler without a mask. I don't know why, but the mask somehow ruins it.

I thought Helena was really good in BoP. A vast improvement from the first two episodes. I just wish she was her own, unique character, because she's not The Huntress.

Her outfit looks much cooler without a mask. I don't know why, but the mask somehow ruins it.

I must say, she looked reeeeeaaaally good in the police officer outfit as well. :wow:

The actress was really good last episode, but I still HATE how the show is characterizing the Huntress. She's not the Huntress, she's psycho b**ch with a crossbow, and nothing in the most recent episode changed that.

I think her final chat with Oliver showed some signs of redeming for her. Now with her father gone, Oliver saying that last year he judge her for being a killer but he also was but now was trying to be better and all showed some signs. She'll probably spend a year on jail, think about what's she done and will decide to make it up for it and then good, she can be a hero.

She'll probably spend a year on jail, think about what's she done and will decide to make it up for it and then good, she can be a hero.

Or she'll turn up in the suicide squad, and try to do some "good" there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"