The Avengers The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Hulk's healing ability to be almost instantaneous. It adds to the impression of him being unstoppable.

When they retconned Hulk's impervious hide, it was suggested that that was the case that was going on. Hulk was just a fast healer.

When they retconned Hulk's impervious hide, it was suggested that that was the case that was going on. Hulk was just a fast healer.

I'm really loving what i am hearing from the Joss regarding the Hulk. I think he'll be everything Hulk fans want him to be. I'm especially anxious or his big throw down with Thor.

I'm really loving what i am hearing from the Joss regarding the Hulk. I think he'll be everything Hulk fans want him to be. I'm especially anxious or his big throw down with Thor.

From what I've read, my hopes are high that Joss Whedon and Marvel Studios will begin to repair some of the damage done to Hulk on the big screen by making him resemble something closer to what the comic version is like.

Point being as it's been said since his inception...Hulk is a MONSTER and a FORCE OF NATURE...which means it's supposed to be damn well nigh impossible to stop him.

I like Hulk's healing ability to be almost instantaneous. It adds to the impression of him being unstoppable.

I'm starting to see what you guys mean, plus it helps differentiate Hulk from other bruisers like The Thing, Thor, Colossus, Juggernaut etc.

From what I've read, my hopes are high that Joss Whedon and Marvel Studios will begin to repair some of the damage done to Hulk on the big screen by making him resemble something closer to what the comic version is like.

Yeah, and that includes dialogue. Hulk may be the silent type but he's not incapable of understanding what's going on and have a conversation.

I'm not really all that excited about Hulks and Thor's fight, I don't think it's going to be anywhere near as epic as it should.

Last edited:
I'm starting to see what you guys mean, plus it helps differentiate Hulk from other bruisers like The Thing, Thor, Colossus, Juggernaut etc.

Which was my biggest problem with TIH. While i liked the movie i didn't think they portrayed the Hulk correctly. He just seemed like a giant green guy who had strength proportionate to his body. I understand what the director was trying to accomplish, but he missed the mark IMO. I actually think the Ang's Hulk (minus the growing bigger when angry and daddy issues) was actually closer to how i would like to see Hulk portrayed.

I'm not really all that excited about Hulks and Thor's fight, I don't think it's anywhere near as epic as it should.

Somehow, I get the feeling that fans would only be satisfied if the Thor and Hulk fight was given a similar treatment like the animated movie version of Superman vs Doomsday (that was released back in 2006), only with neither getting the upper hand in the end.

Also, honestly, if Marvel wasn't going to do another sequel/solo film for the Hulk's character in the MCU, I wouldn't have minded if they had brought in Betty to work for SHIELD like she did in the Ultimates Animated movie, and that by the end of THIS movie, both she and Bruce left together to travel across the globe to help people together.

Somehow, I get the feeling that fans would only be satisfied if the Thor and Hulk fight was given a similar treatment like the animated movie version of Superman vs Doomsday (that was released back in 2006), only with neither getting the upper hand in the end.

I would definately like for Thor & Hulks fight to be atleast half as epic as that fight, they were knocking each other thoughe buildings, throwing large vehicles, slamming each other into craters and sometimes through the street.

I would like for the fight to be a stalemate but that's not what I meant about it not being as epic as it should, I was talking about the sheer scale and impact of the battle.

Exactly. Every character should have their own unique powers and capabilities. Some match up better than others.

Yeah, and that includes dialogue. Hulk may be the silent type but he's not incapable of understanding what's going on and have a conversation.

True. Most incarnations of Hulk outside of Merged/Professor Hulk or the Banner-Hulk care to speak much. They like to observe and smash. I really am hoping that the take in the movies is like the Hulk from the animated EMH's show.

I guess Marvel feels that it'd be more productive budgetary wise to spend their money on making the fights between the Avengers and Loki's army look more grand than a fight between Thor and Hulk, which would be a climax like battle in itself.

True. Most incarnations of Hulk outside of Merged/Professor Hulk or the Banner-Hulk care to speak much. They like to observe and smash. I really am hoping that the take in the movies is like the Hulk from the animated EMH's show.

Yep he was the best of both worlds, because he smashed and he also had quite a few awesome lines in each episode.

:hulk: :hulk: :hulk:

I guess Marvel feels that it'd be more productive budgetary wise to spend their money on making the fights between the Avengers and Loki's army look more grand than a fight between Thor and Hulk, which would be a climax like battle in itself.

That might be true, but the budget is reportedly 300 million dollars so there's no reason why they can't deliver an epic Thor vs Hulk fight of reasonable length.

I'm not expecting their fight to be as lengthy and destructive as Supes vs Doomsday, but would a few vehicle tosses, one or two "crater slams", and a few power punches really put a dent in the budget?

Last edited:
^ That was Falcons nephew?

Yeah, Easter egg I guess.
He caught it on his phone Camera and the other easter egg was that the guy he was with was named Magee. (Reporter From the tv series)

Has hulk fought juggernaut in the comics

Last edited:

When Hulk speaks, it should be an "Aww *****!" moment. It should make both the audience and characters do a double-take.

This hulk looks so fantastic. I can't get over how hulkish he looks. He doesn't look soft and he doesn't look like whatever norton hulk looked like. He's pretty perfect

I liked Norton's Hulk. Avengers Hulk looks fan-frickin'-tastic though.

I would love for Hulk's first words to be in response to some smart ash Stark comment.

In regards to Hulk/Thor confrontation, I think the best way to portray it would be a game of 'I can do one better'. Start it out with Hulk thinking he(thor) is some 'big-but-puny' Human and Thor having that bit of arrogance that he had in the beginning of his solo movie.... have hulk punch thor, thor whacks hulk with hammer, and so on.

Finish it off with Thor getting the final blow while also showing that Thor can obviously take a punch. Something along those lines would be cool

I felt in "Thor" we never really got to see the extent of Thor's durability in his movie. He destroyed the Destroyer as soon as he got his powers and I never really thought of Thor being in any sort of real danger when he fought loki in his final battle. Still a great movie, it's just something I noticed, imo

That was a bit Thor-centric, my apologies. I wonder how many ships Hulk will take down single-handedly, Over under at 7?

I liked Norton's Hulk. Avengers Hulk looks fan-frickin'-tastic though.

I would love for Hulk's first words to be in response to some smart ash Stark comment.

In regards to Hulk/Thor confrontation, I think the best way to portray it would be a game of 'I can do one better'. Start it out with Hulk thinking he(thor) is some 'big-but-puny' Human and Thor having that bit of arrogance that he had in the beginning of his solo movie.... have hulk punch thor, thor whacks hulk with hammer, and so on.

Finish it off with Thor getting the final blow while also showing that Thor can obviously take a punch. Something along those lines would be cool

I felt in "Thor" we never really got to see the extent of Thor's durability in his movie. He destroyed the Destroyer as soon as he got his powers and I never really thought of Thor being in any sort of real danger when he fought loki in his final battle. Still a great movie, it's just something I noticed, imo

Well he was blown through the wall of Odin's palace by Loki using Odin's staff and he also survived a HUGE point blank explosion after the bi-frost was destroyed without a scratch.

I would like for Hulk to slam Thor into a crater at some point in the fight which would show Hulk's strength as well as Thor's durability when he gets back up without any injuries.

THE THING's endurance and resistance to injury usually allows him to go toe to toe with THE HULK.

THE THING's endurance and resistance to injury usually allows him to go toe to toe with THE HULK.

I don't think The Thing's ever beaten Hulk not even once, but I could be wrong.

Which was my biggest problem with TIH. While i liked the movie i didn't think they portrayed the Hulk correctly. He just seemed like a giant green guy who had strength proportionate to his body. I understand what the director was trying to accomplish, but he missed the mark IMO. I actually think the Ang's Hulk (minus the growing bigger when angry and daddy issues) was actually closer to how i would like to see Hulk portrayed.

I agree. Even the "daddy issues" were appropriate and part of Hulk lore. Now, having daddy transform into the Absorbing Man was another thing entirely, and as you pointed out, having the Hulk grow, IMO, just to have a King Kong type moment with the love interest was also ridiculous. Trying to cover all that up with pseudo science and exposition even moreso, but at least Ang got the personality somewhat right, something TIH didn't even attempt...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"