The Official Hype Fitness Thread 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
its 40 broken up into 4 sets. yeah i do that every time i go to gym, is that bad?

i changed the situps slightly now, i do them on a gym ball now. Tbh the only reason i do so many ( which are broken up into 2 sets normally) is because otherwise i dont feel it working?

Yeah man it's bad, you're working out your chest and arms 3-5 days a week. your routine sounds tedious and counterproductive. Since you have access to a gym for the majority of the week, try a larger split(that actually includes the other muscles of the body too :argh:) like this:

Mon- Back
Tues- Chest
Wed- Legs
Thu- Shoulders
Fri-Arms

You can throw in abs every other day or 2x a week.

Add some weight to your ab exercises and I guarantee you'll feel it working, even after only 3 sets of 8 ;)

I guess the real question I have now is ... why? :confused: Is Doom THAT much of a "genius" that instead of taking advantage of the opportunity and actually killing a threat like Steve Rogers, it was better to send him back in time where he would, inevitably as always before, come back and kick his @$$.

Red Skull had Doom make the weapon, so Doom didn't care either way. RS wants to take over Cap's body and put somebody else's mind into it and have him run around being evil.

Yeah man it's bad, you're working out your chest and arms 3-5 days a week. your routine sounds tedious and counterproductive. Since you have access to a gym for the majority of the week, try a larger split(that actually includes the other muscles of the body too :argh:) like this:

Mon- Back
Tues- Chest
Wed- Legs
Thu- Shoulders
Fri-Arms

Add some weight to your ab exercises and I guarantee you'll feel it working, even after only 3 sets of 8 ;)

Red Skull had Doom make the weapon, so Doom didn't care either way. RS wants to take over Cap's body and put somebody else's mind into it and have him run around being evil.
Alright, that plan sounds better. But still, villains go to such drastic lengths to execute their plans. That's why I loved that moment in Amazing Spider-Man during American Son with Norman and Spidey.

... anyway, back to fitness.

Mon- Back
Tues- Chest
Wed- Legs
Thu- Shoulders
Fri-Arms

ill try that then i think. how do you work your back?

Alright, that plan sounds better. But still, villains go to such drastic lengths to execute their plans. That's why I loved that moment in Amazing Spider-Man during American Son with Norman and Spidey.

... anyway, back to fitness.

Haha, super villains are ridiculous at times. No need to set up a real live version of "Mouse Trap" when you can just shoot for adversary in the face haha.

ill try that then i think. how do you work your back?

I do a combination of:

Pullups, lat pulldown, deadlifts, dumbbell bent over rows, barbell rows, T-Bar rows, and seated cable rows

I'll pick 3-4 of those exercises per week but pullups and deadlifts are permanent fixtures

Last edited:
For legs can i just do the bike machine and maybe a weight machine or 2? i dont wanna be a body builder or anything, i just wanna tone up.

also with this new regime, is going for 40mins ok?

I tried bent over barbell rows today. It felt weird, even without any weight on the bar. I gave up on them, and looked up the exercise again once I got home. Turns out my elbows were pointed the wrong way. :doh:

Double your pleasure, double your post

For legs can i just do the bike machine and maybe a weight machine or 2? i dont wanna be a body builder or anything, i just wanna tone up.

No exercise will make you a bodybuilder. The bike is a cardio machine and won't do much for your quad/hamstring definition. If you have to do only 1 or 2 leg exercises, stick to squats and/or leg press.

40 mins is fine, my workouts are always 30-60 mins

I tried bent over barbell rows today. It felt weird, even without any weight on the bar. I gave up on them, and looked up the exercise again once I got home. Turns out my elbows were pointed the wrong way. :doh:

Haha, please explain what you were doing wrong.

Haha, please explain what you were doing wrong.
My elbows were pointed outward, like I was doing upright rows. I really should've known better, considering I do one-arm dumbbell rows every week. It's just that I usually do uprights on shoulder/traps day, so the barbell... confused me. :csad:

To look anywhere near a bodybuilder, I think you have to be doing at least 200lbs on weights and drinking protein shakes up the wazoo. (And steroids too, probably.) I'm currently doing 110 lbs on the leg press and my legs haven't exploded into Hulk-legs yet. And I actually gain muscle fairly easily, at least for a woman. A few weeks after I started lifting regularly (once or twice a week), I began to see muscle growth in my arms.

As CS said, squats and leg press are good overall leg exercises. They target a bunch of muscles at once.

You wont be (look like) a bodybuilder unless you train and eat that way. It doesnt happen based on any one move or using a certain weight or anything. It is actually very hard.

Work your legs, work your whole body.

Plenty of leg exercises out there (see the list that Spoons linked), I recommend free weight moves over machines. Yes, there is a learning curve, but your gains and goals will come much quicker. Compound moves over isolation work.

So squats and lunges > than leg press/ leg machines

And as far as your back-PULLUPS are king.

Dont worry about the time frame that a workout takes (unless you are in there over an hour). Just worry about following the routine. Spoons gave you a good week's structure to follow, just be sure to change it up SOMEHOW every now and then.

Also remember that even the goals that you want will seriously involve a good clean diet and plenty of smart work in the gym.

To look anywhere near a bodybuilder, I think you have to be doing at least 200lbs on weights and drinking protein shakes up the wazoo. .

You really have to have the genetics for that too and most people don't. I've seen quite a few people quit exercising because they couldn't get that Ms. Fitness/Arnold Classic look. That is sad because exercise has many more benefits than appearance.

You really have to have the genetics for that too and most people don't. I've seen quite a few people quit exercising because they couldn't get that Ms. Fitness/Arnold Classic look. That is sad because exercise has many more benefits than appearance.
Que true. And I bet some people quit exercising because they aren't losing weight/fat like the magazine says they will. :oldrazz:

Yeah, that's sad. I'm not weight-lifting because I want to be crazy-ripped like that Bowflex commercial chick, I'm mostly doing it so I won't be frail like my parents at their age. RAWR MUSCLES!

A new avatar!? :D

Que true. And I bet some people quit exercising because they aren't losing weight/fat like the magazine says they will. :oldrazz:

Yeah, that's sad. I'm not weight-lifting because I want to be crazy-ripped like that Bowflex commercial chick, I'm mostly doing it so I won't be frail like my parents at their age. RAWR MUSCLES!

I've known quite a few of those people as well as hard gainers who gave up for the opposite reason.

At my age (36), my reasons for training are much like yours. My days of wishing I was built like Dorian Yates are over. Now, I exercise so I can be alive and get around well when my kids are middle aged.

Those are the reasons I began doing yoga two years ago. It doesn't always have a lot of appearance benefits for people and in my case, it's not pretty when I'm doing it (just imagine The Thing doing core twists) but it's very good for long-term joint health, pain control, and restful sleep.

A new avatar!? :D

You betcha! X-mas! X-mas! Woo-hoo!

Those are the reasons I began doing yoga two years ago. It doesn't always have a lot of appearance benefits for people and in my case, it's not pretty when I'm doing it (just imagine The Thing doing core twists) but it's very good for long-term joint health, pain control, and restful sleep.
It probably depends on the person, but my friend started yoga and has apparently gained quite some strength doing so. (It took two people to transport her kit to a set, while she didn't break a sweat taking it all back to her car in one go.) And she's also gotten back the leg muscles she had when she was on her uni's taekwondo demo team.

It probably depends on the person, but my friend started yoga and has apparently gained quite some strength doing so. (It took two people to transport her kit to a set, while she didn't break a sweat taking it all back to her car in one go.) And she's also gotten back the leg muscles she had when she was on her uni's taekwondo demo team.

No doubt that some people do but it's more of a functional kind of exercise than one for the enhancement of looks. Yet the strength gains are something that is beginning to attract more pro athletes.

Many people think working out yields results overnight ... no matter how many times it's said over and over that it's a long process. Or they give up because "it hurts," which everyone should know. But then, people give up sports because they are not good after a few lessons.

Nothing worth having is ever easy, or we would all have it.

I had to shut down the old thread because of size.

*sings the New Thread song*

New thread
New threeeaaaadd

Lmao @ the opening post of this thread and the fact that it opens talking about comics.

I'll go back and edit that first post with fitness relevant stuff later haha.

Thanks though Sube, the old thread had a good run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"