The Official Hype Fitness Thread 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been told by my doctor to stop doing lower body exercises because I have a weird bone growth on my pelvis and it could the C word. And legs exercises are what I'm good at... ugh...
I need some ideas for upper body exercises that don't involve using the lower body?

Like pushups, pullups, etc or what?

So I've lost 42 pounds this past year. Damn, it's good to wear slim clothing.

A free standing bar or one that attaches to the doorfame like the Iron Gym?
Let me know, I have reviewed MANY pullup bars.

I was thinking of a doorframe bar. I looked for one at Wal-Mart out of curiosity, and they only had a bar that screws into the doorframe on the shelf.

So I've been told by my doctor to stop doing lower body exercises because I have a weird bone growth on my pelvis and it could the C word. And legs exercises are what I'm good at... ugh...
I need some ideas for upper body exercises that don't involve using the lower body?

When you get more info(and if you feel like sharing), I'd like to know how exercising could aggrivate this growth.

When you get more info(and if you feel like sharing), I'd like to know how exercising could aggrivate this growth.

I guess the doctors are worried about it breaking off or popping while doing something and it harming my bone.

It could be a bone infection, which is really what I'm hoping it is, even though it's 8 weeks of antibiotics and surgery to remove the mass and dead bone portion and put a bone graft on. I'd probably not be able to go into the gym for a few months, but anything is better than cancer right now...

I guess the doctors are worried about it breaking off or popping while doing something and it harming my bone.

It could be a bone infection, which is really what I'm hoping it is, even though it's 8 weeks of antibiotics and surgery to remove the mass and dead bone portion and put a bone graft on. I'd probably not be able to go into the gym for a few months, but anything is better than cancer right now...
I'm no doctor, but I do work in cancer research and from what I know about the clinical side, you want to prevent as much cell damage as possible. Weightlifting damages muscle cells (the regrowth is what we want to get stronger) but I think it also slightly damages bone cells too. Again, the regrowth is what makes bones stronger. But when you already have a growth, you want to prevent additional growth in that area, and that means trying not to damage that area.

Good luck man. I'm knitting like mad to send something overseas to my friend who's fighting an aggressive cancer. He's lost so much weight from chemo, that he walks with a cane, and not far at that. He's only 30. It's not looking good at this point, but we're gonna send him good vibes and gifts of support. :csad:

The only good thing is that being in France and a French citizen, he and his family don't have to worry about the costs of treatment. Whatever that's worth now...

So I've lost 42 pounds this past year. Damn, it's good to wear slim clothing.

Congrats! That's a very great accomplishment.

I've been trying to lose the 15 pounds I've gained but my running days have been very inconsistent since the heat outside is unbearable. Already learned that running anyway isn't the best of ideas.

I've been trying to lose the 15 pounds I've gained but my running days have been very inconsistent since the heat outside is unbearable. Already learned that running anyway isn't the best of ideas.

If your diet is not in check, then running might not be enough to help you lose weight.

Thanks!

May I borrow that heat? It's raining like crazy here.

If your diet is not in check, then running might not be enough to help you lose weight.

Don't worry much about my diet, I've been eating balanced meals prepared at home since I was a kid but I've always run as well. I've been doing it less often though, really lost my running routine and need to get back on it.

Thanks!

May I borrow that heat? It's raining like crazy here.

Only if I can get some of that rain here, the heat is terrible.

Does anybody here have a pullup/chinup bar that fits within a doorway? I've been thinking about getting a telescopic one as I don't want one that screws into the sides of the doorway... was just wondering if anybody could tell me if the telescopic ones are secure. :D

Don't worry much about my diet, I've been eating balanced meals prepared at home since I was a kid but I've always run as well. I've been doing it less often though, really lost my running routine and need to get back on it.

Yeah okay. Just thought I'd throw it out there since a lot of people don't seem to realize the importance of your diet (calories and stuff) when trying to lose weight.
I started running seriously at the beginning of the year, feels really good so far. Cardio-wise I'm improving but my calves are really taking their time adapting to it.

I was thinking of a doorframe bar. I looked for one at Wal-Mart out of curiosity, and they only had a bar that screws into the doorframe on the shelf.

The IronGym works via cantilever system, no screws in the doorway required. It does a good job and doesnt cost much.
Here is my review of it with pictures, measurements, cost and places that you can purchase one.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124398851

Does anybody here have a pullup/chinup bar that fits within a doorway? I've been thinking about getting a telescopic one as I don't want one that screws into the sides of the doorway... was just wondering if anybody could tell me if the telescopic ones are secure. :D

See above.
Also, the telescoping ones are NOT secure.

Yeah okay. Just thought I'd throw it out there since a lot of people don't seem to realize the importance of your diet (calories and stuff) when trying to lose weight.
I started running seriously at the beginning of the year, feels really good so far. Cardio-wise I'm improving but my calves are really taking their time adapting to it.

Make sure to really stretch and warm up before and after every run and concentrate on your calves while doing so. Initially, I also had the same problem but if you do that they'll come around eventually.

Last edited:
I got the Beachbody pullup bar along with the P90X, and it's similar to the IronGym in how it hooks up to your door frame.

Add this stretch to your routine before and after your run.

Myself, I take it one level higher: you slowly lean back until you can really feel the stretch, resting on your hands or elbows if necessary.

but the real question here is . . . did you ever redeem said Swag Bucks? :o

of course, i've gotten almost a 1000 dollars in gift cards from them

Whats a captcha/swag bucks?

a captcha is a thing where you have to fill out the text in a box, many sites have you do this at registration to prove you're not a bot

swagbucks is a site where they give you rewards and stuff for doing the things on the site.
Swagbucks.com is an online portal dedicated to helping you earn digital dollars called "Swag Bucks", which can be redeemed for exclusive rewards such as giftcards, electronics and more.

Make sure to really stretch and warm up before and after every run and concentrate on your calves while doing so. Initially, I also had the same problem but if you do that they'll come around eventually.

Yeah I am trying to stretch afterwards but it's so god damn boring :csad: I do it from time to time but not every time, should put some more focus on it and see if it works.

Add this stretch to your routine before and after your run.

Myself, I take it one level higher: you slowly lean back until you can really feel the stretch, resting on your hands or elbows if necessary.

Yeah I am familiar with this stretch, use it every now and then but not often enough I guess. Thanks for the tip though.

Yeah I am trying to stretch afterwards but it's so god damn boring :csad: I do it from time to time but not every time, should put some more focus on it and see if it works.

Also concentrate on your breathing while stretching, it actually relaxes me and helps me focus on what I'm doing. It's just part of the routine.

Sometimes I think I work out so I can properly stretch afterwards. :o LOVE stretching!

Ive realized that one of the reasons I love working out now is the adrenaline rush and natural high you get after. You feel unstoppable...and then it wears off and you realize that you are still over weight and out of shape, but at least the motivation is there to get past it.

When I ordered my latest batch of protein powder from bb.com, it came with one of its usual bonus packet of some other supplement. This time it was a packet of some pre-workout nitric oxide powder that I normally don't bother with. I gave it a try before my workout, and it gave me the freakiest tingling sensation. It wasn't anything like I've ever felt; I felt that stuff coursing through my earlobes, among other places.

Didn't improve my workout any. Not really looking to use that stuff again.

That's what vasodilation feels like Manic. Were you lifting or doing cardio? I respond very well to NO2 products at first, but quicky build up a tolerance.

That's what vasodilation feels like Manic. Were you lifting or doing cardio? I respond very well to NO2 products at first, but quicky build up a tolerance.

Both. First lifting, then cardio.

I heard NO2 is supposed to be good for helping blood flow and speeding up recovery. But I'm not really concerned with recovery time since my job gives me a form of active recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"