The Official Hype Fitness Thread 6.0 - Part 8

Raven, your logic is sound. Swimming sounds awesome. But see, I would do swimming but that costs too much money. There is a Y right down the street and yes, my membership would only be $18, which is a steal, but I have to be locked in for a year. I mean, damn.

Sweet, never made the Thread Manager make a new thread before.

Do you ever stumble upon people at the gym.. that really should not be out in public... there were these kids.. so obnoxious.. My gym has an 18 years or older policy.. they acted like they were 13..

Do you ever stumble upon people at the gym.. that really should not be out in public... there were these kids.. so obnoxious.. My gym has an 18 years or older policy.. they acted like they were 13..

Yep, have had that several times before. There are some kids though who don't even look like they should be doing weights at their age. They just seem too young and still growing, and I can't see how it would really benefit them because at that stage they probably won't put on a great deal of muscle, and even if they did they would look ridiculous with muscles.

Raven, your logic is sound. Swimming sounds awesome. But see, I would do swimming but that costs too much money. There is a Y right down the street and yes, my membership would only be $18, which is a steal, but I have to be locked in for a year. I mean, damn.

Sweet, never made the Thread Manager make a new thread before.

You could just do swimming for a few months with some kind of pay-as-you-go, if they offer that there. Many gyms do allow you to just swim whenever. You could just do it intensely for a couple of months or so, which would get you past that threshold and allow you to burn off your gut. You want something that does the job quickly for you instead of having to only see results very gradually over a longer period of time. Even in three months, if you swam several times a week, you would end up looking very toned. Also, it builds your back, chest, lats and shoulder muscles. Ever wonder why these swimmers have such broad shoulders? It's from doing these strokes repetitively all day long.

But even if you were locked in for a year, it would be worth it I think. $18 a month to achieve these kinds of results more efficiently has got to be a bargain.

Last edited:
DRI fit has changed my life. I seriously can't workout without it. It feels so sleek and absorbs the sweat.

You could just do swimming for a few months with some kind of pay-as-you-go, if they offer that there. Many gyms do allow you to just swim whenever. You could just do it intensely for a couple of months or so, which would get you past that threshold and allow you to burn off your gut. You want something that does the job quickly for you instead of having to only see results very gradually over a longer period of time. Even in three months, if you swam several times a week, you would end up looking very toned. Also, it builds your back, chest, lats and shoulder muscles. Ever wonder why these swimmers have such broad shoulders? It's from doing these strokes repetitively all day long.

But even if you were locked in for a year, it would be worth it I think. $18 a month to achieve these kinds of results more efficiently has got to be a bargain.

I am strongly considering it. I will let you know if I follow through with it. Thank you for the idea.

DRI fit has changed my life. I seriously can't workout without it. It feels so sleek and absorbs the sweat.

Dude, I hear you on that. Polyester and polyester/spandex blend all the way. And not just with my workout clothes. Last week, I literally threw away all of my cotton boxer-briefs. Made the switch to Adidas Climacool and Reebok. I threw out all of my cotton socks too and bought polyester. It's a godsend.

warhammer, do you think the idea of committing to it for a year and having to pay for would be a good incentive to get you in there? if you don't go, you'd essentially be wasting your money. so maybe you would be more inclined to go

warhammer, do you think the idea of committing to it for a year and having to pay for would be a good incentive to get you in there? if you don't go, you'd essentially be wasting your money. so maybe you would be more inclined to go

This is the tactic my wife used on me. She must know me too well. :cwink:

Back in December, when we were discussing joining a gym, I was against it. Mainly because I'm the cheap one of us and would rather save money than spend it. However, she eventually convinced me on the theory that if we are paying for it, then I would be motivated to go.

You know what? She was right. I can't stand the thought of paying for a gym membership and not using it so I try to get there at least three times a week. She says my cheapness finally came in useful for something...:yay:

I am strongly considering it. I will let you know if I follow through with it. Thank you for the idea.

Great. I can definitely tell you it's worth it, even for a short period of time.

I know I have slacked off going as much as I should even though I'm committed to a gym membership. There just isn't enough time sometimes in the week with all these other commitments. Sometimes I almost feel like I should do a pay-as-you-go method, but then I might not end up going at all. I know quite a few people who do have memberships but just don't make full use of it at all.

I just paid my membership fee at once. It's cheaper in the end and they gave me 6 months free. Its a 24/7 gym which for the life of me don't understand why every gym isn't.

From their point of view, more costs and more risk. For us it's 100 times better of course.

^^^ good channel. I'm not quite as strong, but near your bro in strength, so ill subscribe.

I want to say it was about a year ago these three kids (had to be 15 or 16) were loading up the leg press with 45 lb plates. I tried to warn against that and stressed reps and form over weight especially for their age. Next thing you hear is the leg press coming down hard and not going back up.

I want to say it was about a year ago these three kids (had to be 15 or 16) were loading up the leg press with 45 lb plates. I tried to warn against that and stressed reps and form over weight especially for their age. Next thing you hear is the leg press coming down hard and not going back up.

That's because at that age, kids are more about showing off to their peers than doing actual proper exercise. When I was in school at that age, other students in gym class would also load up with the heaviest weights they could put, even if it was unmanageable.

When I pointed out they were doing it wrong or could injure themselves, they didn't care. They said they would rather use as heavy weights as possible and hurt their back or be unable to walk than use lighter ones because then they felt they had gotten a good workout.

Idiots.

Had time to (almost) finish my strongman log.
qrkd4n.jpg

Had a good training session yesterday:

Deadlift vrijdag 13-03-2015

TM 180
10x50
10x50 Sumo
10x70 Sumo
5x100 Sumo
5x100
--
5x120
5x140
10x160 belt (350lbs)
--
5x180 belt (396lbs)
8x140
1x140 snatchgrip

Some Snatch highpulls and Hyper extensions to finish. Upperback is pretty sore today.

Didn't take anything to failure, just wanna be careful with my lowback.

Last edited:

I hope that is my motivation. Lord knows I hate when I waste money.

Membership/money hasn't been a good source of motivation for me. Don't know if it really works: "I have to go to the gym because otherwise I'll lose money". That has nothing to do with any gym goals really. But yeah everyone's different, might work for some people. Plus I really believe that discipline and consistency are more important than motivation.

Been hitting the gym 3-4 times a week lately, and planning to start going every 2 days.

(Also in on fitness thread)

i have a membership at a gym but i haven't been able to use it like i would like to, so i'm kinda throwing $10 a month away but i intend to change that.

my sleeping has gotten better. i'm getting at least 6-8 hours of sleep a day lately, which is helping cuz we're getting slammed at work. plus i coach JV softball now so i'm getting a little bit more activity doing that

i've got about 100GB of workout videos and stuff on my computer collecting dust. if i can get past this hurdle in my head i think i could really make some progress. it feels like i'm self sabotaging sometimes. it's hard to explain

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"