The Official Hype Fitness Thread 6.0 - Part 8

4.6 mile run to work and then did back and eventually some legs as well as not every exercise station was available. Very glad to have regular weights sessions in the routine now and enjoying them a lot.

I’m desperate what do I have to do find some old world acupuncturist or something? About to look into any and everything. Cryogenic chambers, don’t care

I’m desperate what do I have to do find some old world acupuncturist or something? About to look into any and everything. Cryogenic chambers, don’t care
I feel ya buddy. Terrible not being able to do the workouts you want for ages when you have the energy and will to. I’m not supposed to do hills or sprints (been going most of last year) and sprinting at the end of an organised group run is one of my favourite things to do.

I feel ya buddy. Terrible not being able to do the workouts you want for ages when you have the energy and will to. I’m not supposed to do hills or sprints (been going most of last year) and sprinting at the end of an organised group run is one of my favourite things to do.
Yeah I’m going to talk to any and everyone and get to the bottom of this. Maybe get an inversion table.

if you dont already, take cod liver oil tablets for your joints. i sustained an injury which meant i couldnt work out for a couple of weeks and i feel the clo tablets helped.

A good diet also helps with injury prevention. I swear by Mediterranean Paleo.

My diet has been terrible this month and sleep not too great. Starting to build momentum with gym and running against at least (although took the whole weekend plus Friday fully off). Staying up late tonight with the Super Bowl but supposed to be on a run in the morning with a friend. Let’s see if I make it. :D

My diet has been terrible this month and sleep not too great. Starting to build momentum with gym and running against at least (although took the whole weekend plus Friday fully off). Staying up late tonight with the Super Bowl but supposed to be on a run in the morning with a friend. Let’s see if I make it. :D
Hopefully you're able to get enough sleep tonight before you have to go for your run.

Hopefully you're able to get enough sleep tonight before you have to go for your run.
Luckily there were no further overtimes in the Super Bowl or it would have been impossible. I only got about 4 hours sleep still but made it out for the run (4.4 miles) and feel fine now. Will try and get a full 8 hours tonight though.

Luckily there were no further overtimes in the Super Bowl or it would have been impossible. I only got about 4 hours sleep still but made it out for the run (4.4 miles) and feel fine now. Will try and get a full 8 hours tonight though.
Yeah, hopefully you'll be able to get a full 8 hours tonight so you can recover properly.

Yeah, hopefully you'll be able to get a full 8 hours tonight so you can recover properly.
Once I have one bad night’s sleep it becomes that much bigger a priority to make sure I get enough the night after. Can’t wait to go to bed tonight lol.

Tomorrow I plan to do a longer run to work depending how the sleep goes (don’t mind cancelling it if needed) and then go to the gym (chest) and hopefully have enough to run back in the evening. Whether I can run back usually depends how my food intake at work goes.

just reading back through the last few pages, and you seem to be a little impulsive in your actions/choices

you need to let your back heal. trust me. as someone who herniated a disc, broke a disk, had a laminotomy and severe nerve damage this summer that i'm still battling, you have to be patient. no matter how much your brain wants to yell at you. i promise you mine did, and still does.
use the time to read up on fitness, exercises and workouts you can start doing when you're able, signs to watch out for, plan your workouts for the future, do lighter stuff, like arms while you're watching tv, etc.

4.6 mile run on the way to the gym before work. Did chest and shoulders, and then run back after work, 4.5 miles.

Just a hair shy of a 3 mile run tonight. Then as I was finishing, I got a song come up on my shuffle that I had to do another quarter to. lol.

I also was able to get in about 30 minutes of playing basketball yesterday, even though we were taking it pretty easy and nobody was going all out on breaks or on defense. But I still found myself a little winded. lol.

Basketball is the best cardio in my opinion. Fun, and you get good work. I wish I was 20 again to play ball all day.

Just a hair shy of a 3 mile run tonight. Then as I was finishing, I got a song come up on my shuffle that I had to do another quarter to. lol.
We all need songs like that in our playlist. :D

Can't help but going faster/further when hear them.

We all need songs like that in our playlist. :D

Can't help but going faster/further when hear them.
My secret weapons are:
-Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler (or really anything by Bonnie Tyler. Her music is the audio equivalent of a cocaine binge)
-Who Put the Bomp by Barry Mann (it’s fast and it’s so much fun that you forget that you are running)
-Snow by Red Hot Chili Peppers (very rhythmic and helps me get in a good rhythm for running)
-Church Clap by Lecrae (great rhythm)

5.4 miles on way in to work and then back and legs in the gym, not too intense today.

My secret weapons are:
-Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler (or really anything by Bonnie Tyler. Her music is the audio equivalent of a cocaine binge)
-Who Put the Bomp by Barry Mann (it’s fast and it’s so much fun that you forget that you are running)
-Snow by Red Hot Chili Peppers (very rhythmic and helps me get in a good rhythm for running)
-Church Clap by Lecrae (great rhythm)
Ha, great selection. I’ll have to try them. :cwink:

Track season officially started this weekend for my son who ran an indoor meet. He broke a minute on the 400 and was 28 seconds in the 200. He won his heat in the 400 by a decent distance but because he is a freshman, he was in the unseeded heat.

best part was, afterward his coach said to him, “I’m proud of you. You were absolutely terrible out of the blocks, your form is atrocious and despite being totally out of condition, you need to go farther out and run the 400 and 800. But, we can fix all that. And with where you’re starting, I’m excited where you will end up at the end of the season.”

4.5 mile run and then chest and triceps in the gym this morning. I'm making some decent progress/consolidation on the incline/decline bench press, still weak on the flat dumbbell press, and just about ok on the pectoral flys with a long way to go. Triceps feel strong at least although they get tired by the end of this session.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"