The Official Hype Fitness Thread 6.0 - Part 8

It has taken me years to realize that in order to do something under harder than usual circumstances, you have to want it. Like, really want it. That's my motivation.

Yep, have had that several times before. There are some kids though who don't even look like they should be doing weights at their age. They just seem too young and still growing, and I can't see how it would really benefit them because at that stage they probably won't put on a great deal of muscle, and even if they did they would look ridiculous with muscles.

hehe :oldrazz:

Today I worked on Shoulders, arms and legs. I really try to work my legs. I don't want to look like a chicken with skinny chicken legs. ;)

I want to say it was about a year ago these three kids (had to be 15 or 16) were loading up the leg press with 45 lb plates. I tried to warn against that and stressed reps and form over weight especially for their age. Next thing you hear is the leg press coming down hard and not going back up.

Yikes. Hopefully they were ok. I know I brought down the leg press as far as I could with no weight to see. It went pretty far down. I would definitely strain my self bad if i put weights on it.

Blew up like a balloon with my first carbs after a week very low carbs.
2yl60w4.jpg

The last time I wore my Dockers was in December (I work out of my home and don't have to go to meetings very often) and they were pretty tight around the waist.

Well, I had another meeting last week, pulled the same pair of pants out of the closet, and they were much looser around the waist. It was a great feeling to actually see some measurable results because, honestly, when I look in the mirror, I don't see much of a difference. Still got more work to do...

I am having problems putting on weight. I am hitting the gym 5 days a week but only get about 15 minutes of intense cardio (that's optimistic), along with working out a different core group each day (most weeks there is a cardio only day). Been doing this for the last 8 months or so and put on some definition. But the weight has flat lined. I constantly feel hungry and sneak in the snacks where I can at work. What can I add to my meals? I am trying to cut back on dairy and meat as well, so it is tough.

Morning: Cheerios, Pear, Milk (2%)
10 am: Energy bar
Lunch: Monster salad, vegetables, soup, or sandwich/carrots.
2:30: Greek yogurt spiked with 230 calories granola
6pm: Massive, I mean massive shake with 30g+ of protein. Lots of fruits/juice/milk
7:30pm: Light dinner, soup and vegetables (Progresso/Chunky soup + Frozen/Steam bag of vegetables).

I don't know what else to do. I think I am right at the threshold. Have given up beer and junk food, and sugared coffee. Will the muscles come in time as long as I keep working out consistently with proper technique? I admit I train poorly and am a scrawny guy, but if I work out even harder, I have to spend more money on groceries. I am 5'9 and always hover around 140ish Ibs.

Last edited:
The muscle won't really come in time if you're not having enough calories. Almost all the foods in your diet are pretty low-calorie. Personally I would add carbohydrates (but also make sure you have enough protein of course) : rice, oatmeal, potatoes etc.

Have you ever calculated how many calories you get per day? I was surprised how low my calories were when I did that for the first time, even when I thought I was really eating a lot of food.

Cobblepot, that is a wonderful set up you have there. With the logs and outside bench.

Yeah it's a lot off fun to train whenever I can. And the weather permits it.

The muscle won't really come in time if you're not having enough calories. Almost all the foods in your diet are pretty low-calorie. Personally I would add carbohydrates (but also make sure you have enough protein of course) : rice, oatmeal, potatoes etc.

Have you ever calculated how many calories you get per day? I was surprised how low my calories were when I did that for the first time, even when I thought I was really eating a lot of food.

Not that I am going for Clobberin' timePot either. Not to make excuses, but I don't want to overdo the rice and pasta is not my forte in the kitchen. Easy enough to prep but almost too filling. Maybe grab some baked potatoes for dinner? Is that something that's going to make all the difference? Besides harder and more efficient training of course.

i prefer sweet potatoes to baked

Maybe I'll start adding potatoes to my Tuna/Vegetable dinners then. Otherwise, I don't see where I can add potatoes in. I like my lunch as it is right now without pasta/rice and breakfast has to be light due to time constraints. Weekends are different because I have time to prepare stuff, and I am not going to the gym, so maybe it would be better to binge a little more on the carbs then? I generally take a cup of rice with dinner both Saturday/Sunday.

See how much difference a carb bloat makes..this was 2 days after the last pic above.

htwl0h.jpg

cobblepot has been putting in work! good job dude

Want tot look like a real life superhero for my two sons. i hope it'll someday motivatie them tot do The same.

Don't know if it's better to ask this question in the music thread, but can anyone recommend some good upbeat songs or music to train to (either for running, swimming, aerobics etc).

I'm thinking really of either dance, pop or acid jazz, but nothing too hip hop or rap. Just music which is uplifting and tuneful, and has a regular beat - could even be dance versions of certain pop songs.

My legs are all sore from doing squats the other day. Prior to that It's been a couple weeks since I did any leg workout so I really needed to get it done.

:hulk:

Don't know if it's better to ask this question in the music thread, but can anyone recommend some good upbeat songs or music to train to (either for running, swimming, aerobics etc).

I'm thinking really of either dance, pop or acid jazz, but nothing too hip hop or rap. Just music which is uplifting and tuneful, and has a regular beat - could even be dance versions of certain pop songs.

I don't actually listen to music when I go to the gym. I don't even have an ipod or smartphone. So Not sure if I can be any help. :shrug:

I would say music is more of a distraction from the pain than anything. Unless you are one of the rare individuals that focuses better with music playing at subtle, but discernible volume. I don't see where it would make for a huge difference in most people, aside from a powerful placebo effect that works for some individuals.

These are on the top of my head...
[YT]L-4XsDQYDi4[/YT]
[YT]DZz3y6r-5H8[/YT]
[YT]yK0P1Bk8Cx4[/YT]
[YT]KWXZLpXWEa0[/YT]
[YT]bKFhS0cQLE8[/YT]

These ones are from Videogames but they work for me :woot::oldrazz:
[YT]5EaRHlo4B0Y[/YT]
[YT]qI-Takf76RY[/YT]
[YT]kKHtjA6ssRY[/YT]

Last edited:
See how much difference a carb bloat makes..this was 2 days after the last pic above.

htwl0h.jpg

Great job Cobblepot. IDK if I would want to get that big though. Actually I was going for that last year but it was just not for me to be that large.

To much work, I also have this fear that if I were to gain any weight I would instantly become fat a la Mark Wahlberg. Though when he's in shape he looks good but as soon as they miss the gym a week they look like they are sumo wrestlers:o.

My boy came into town last weekend. I hadn't seen him since September or so. He said "Damn son, you been working out?"

A few days later, I stood back and just looked at myself in the mirror. I have finally realized that I gained some substantial muscle in my year of lifting. Yeah...I could have eaten a bad place of a lot better and yeah, I could have done without getting a gut, but damn, I made observable progress.

Great job Cobblepot. IDK if I would want to get that big though. Actually I was going for that last year but it was just not for me to be that large.

To much work, I also have this fear that if I were to gain any weight I would instantly become fat a la Mark Wahlberg. Though when he's in shape he looks good but as soon as they miss the gym a week they look like they are sumo wrestlers:o.

IDK for sure but that weight gain is probably something genetic and he used steriods.
I'm natural 216lbs @ 7,2 I'm hoping to add another 20lbs on my frame before I reach my genetic potential. And I really want a 440lbs squat natural.

@Apollo, legday (or squat day as I like to call it) is my favourite work-out. I try to squat atleast twice a week, the squat is key to total body growth for a natural lifter.
Deadlift is second (your deadlift will go up with your squat), standing Press, pullups and Bench are third. Form on the basics should be solid and every few workouts you should push yourself a little beyond. A natural doesn't get big by doing isolation exercises and focusing on a squeeze, that's nonsense talk from geared bodybuilders, we need to workout around and above 75% to 95% off your max 1RM weights to grow and adapt. Testing your one RM every three months orso, when you have a great workout. A natural should train like a Powerlifter, for the best workouts check out EliteFTS, Chris Duffin, Mark Bell, Jim MacDonald, Johny Candito's youtube channels and read the 531 books by Jim Wendler.

Last edited:
Here's my progress in the last few months.
tmp_29689_1427005656384_1614329147.jpg

ZKql

Maybe this will work... Lot of work to do anyway.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"