The Official Hype Fitness Thread 6.0 - Part 8

remember i mentioned how horrible feb was for me. i finally got brave enough to step on a scale today and see how bad i'd done, and i'm the exact same weight as i was new years. so all that inner guilt, and i hadn't gained anything. so now i'm feeling a lot better and am using that to push me through March.

Been on a diet for a couple of months now, and already lost 10 pounds! Good eating: lots of fresh vegetables and fruit, skim dairy products (cream cheese, cheese, milk and yogurt), almost no salt, good fats (seeds, avocado), no red meat (used to eat lots of meat but eventually started to have this meh feeling), eggs... Nothing too weird! One may believe that NO EATING equals losing weight but no: I have 6 meals a day. And I go 3/4 times a week to the gym.

Gym does play a key part iniall of that, ofocourse but also I started to feel better and more motivated. Even more positive and my mood improved a lot.
Sounds like a great diet you have there. :up:

Found the best way to keep this weight loss going is to stick to whatever your diet is Monday to Friday then on Saturday I have a day off the gym and the diet.

Two week ago that meant a bar of chocolate and a couple packs of crisps. Last week got a dominos. Doesn't mean I necessarily go crazy on Saturday just don't feel like you've got to limit yourself. Definitely breaks up the monotony and gives you something to look forward to.

Sounds like a great diet you have there. :up:

I have to admit that this is the first time that I can actually follow a diet, the professional that is helping me is excellent! And made me understand that I have to LEARN to eat, what I can and should not eat. Not what I CANNOT for I can eat everything but I have to control the serving size of what is not included on a diet.

It also helps that I have to face the scale every Monday so I have to behave all throughout the weekend which for me are kind of hard, specially because I like to enjoy an ice cold beer and pizza :D well, make those a few!

I have to admit that this is the first time that I can actually follow a diet, the professional that is helping me is excellent! And made me understand that I have to LEARN to eat, what I can and should not eat. Not what I CANNOT for I can eat everything but I have to control the serving size of what is not included on a diet.

It also helps that I have to face the scale every Monday so I have to behave all throughout the weekend which for me are kind of hard, specially because I like to enjoy an ice cold beer and pizza :D well, make those a few!
Yeah these lessons will make a big difference long term. :up: And we all love those treats lol. Just a bit too much sometimes. :D:

Found the best way to keep this weight loss going is to stick to whatever your diet is Monday to Friday then on Saturday I have a day off the gym and the diet.

Two week ago that meant a bar of chocolate and a couple packs of crisps. Last week got a dominos. Doesn't mean I necessarily go crazy on Saturday just don't feel like you've got to limit yourself. Definitely breaks up the monotony and gives you something to look forward to.
This is what I try to do. Stick to a routine on workdays Monday to Friday, and give myself a free license on the weekend. Sometimes I take full advantage lol, and sometimes I don't, but it's nice to have it and it makes the long term easier to sustain.

This is what I try to do. Stick to a routine on workdays Monday to Friday, and give myself a free license on the weekend. Sometimes I take full advantage lol, and sometimes I don't, but it's nice to have it and it makes the long term easier to sustain.

Yeah for sure if I try and just eat healthy 24/7 I get sick of it pretty damn quick lol.

Sure most people will already stick to this as well but reckon it’s best to only get on the scales once a week.

Yeah for sure if I try and just eat healthy 24/7 I get sick of it pretty damn quick lol.

Sure most people will already stick to this as well but reckon it’s best to only get on the scales once a week.
For me it’s a bit of a ticking time bomb having a plan with no treats. :D:

I don’t pay much attention to scales. I don’t want to lose weight anyway. Just focus on body composition and health.

one of my friends in on keto and having so results. she just started. another friend is doing the 10 day green smoothie challenge. anyone dabbled in either? just curious

Yup, the girl from the exorcist! And we all know what happened to that poor soul.

one of my friends in on keto and having so results. she just started. another friend is doing the 10 day green smoothie challenge. anyone dabbled in either? just curious
I tried a keto diet this past summer for a week. Was very difficult to stick to, but I did get some nice results in fat loss. Unfortunately I lost more muscle than I was intending to as well. I personally didn't find it worth it. Mostly because I love heavy carb foods lol

I don't know the science behind it, but I always figured the keto diet was good for ... lazy people (though lazy in the physical sense, not the mental sense - you've obviously got to be well disciplined to stick to it).

Carbs, I figure, are required to active people. I for one know all too well that I'll perform better on a run or long distance cycle ride if I've eaten a pizza or pasta the night before than I will if I eat a ham salad with eggs.

So, as I was looking for some Spring activites to sign my son up for, but I ended up signing up for a few things myself.

I am officially an old lady, I've been doing deep water aerobics, and took a stab a hdyro spinning. My body is going to be amazing by summer time!

The spinning class left me absolutely spent. I can't remember the last time I was that tired. I'm looking forward to going again.

that actually looks pretty fun

I don't know the science behind it, but I always figured the keto diet was good for ... lazy people (though lazy in the physical sense, not the mental sense - you've obviously got to be well disciplined to stick to it).

Carbs, I figure, are required to active people. I for one know all too well that I'll perform better on a run or long distance cycle ride if I've eaten a pizza or pasta the night before than I will if I eat a ham salad with eggs.
Yeah, these work but aren’t appropriate for anyone doing regular cardio.

So, as I was looking for some Spring activites to sign my son up for, but I ended up signing up for a few things myself.

I am officially an old lady, I've been doing deep water aerobics, and took a stab a hdyro spinning. My body is going to be amazing by summer time!

The spinning class left me absolutely spent. I can't remember the last time I was that tired. I'm looking forward to going again.

To be fair although I’d probably never do those, they look like fun!

Running back from work Mon - Fri now. Sometimes waking up early enough to run in as well but not every weekday yet (although that is the target). And as I need to have a shower before work I also do 20 minutes of weights as I’m there anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"