The Official Hype Fitness Thread 6.0 - Part 8

I too hope this to be the case, but I think the damage is done. I've seen a scan they did (I can't remember what it was now) but it showed a partial tear of the tendon. It obviously healed enough to allow me to run again, but recently my knee has been playing up a bit when I've been pushing; another reason I intend to dial back after the half in October. I think it's something I'm just going to have to acknowledge; I have a weakness there, and so long as I'm aware of it don't sign up to anything too stupid, I should be good for a few more years yet. That, and correct footwear; you'd be amazed how much of a difference that makes.
I need to reply to these on pc, impossible on phone. :D:

Oh right. Yeah, you have to live within your new means I guess, and as we age we'll all have extra limitations. I know I've had some ankle injuries that have made me nervous about turning suddenly at full pace, which means I'm not going to play football that much any more. How different is your new footwear then?

I get that, and I think I eat sensibly. I probably have cake at least once a week, but that's because I'm out on the bike and there's usually a cafe involved (cake is actually ideal for cyclists; not too heavy on the stomach, and gives you a bit of a boost). I don't buy chocolate, sweets or cake in though. I only have it when I'm out. That's my way of controlling myself. It usually works quite well, except for when someone brings cake into work. What am I to do? Can't ignore it! :woo:
I have my weekday routine and I can act like a robot and stick to it knowing the weekend is coming and I have the right to go crazy. :D I'm not a naturally sensible eater but I can succumb to official routines quite easily.

Do any of your friends cycle? Do you think they'd be up for a cycling break? Doesn't even have to be mad miles. There's other things to do on these holidays; when I went to Pembroke, we had some miles on the bike the Friday afternoon, then chilled in the pub Friday evening, Saturday daytime was spent on the bike, and the afternoon/evening was exploring the castle and town, then Sunday we stopped by Tenby on our way home, did a bit of shopping and soaked up some sun on the beach!
I have many colleagues and wider circle friends who cycle very seriously and are part of the reason I started, but I'm not sure I'd go away with them unless someone organised it as a group thing (which I'd definitely be up for). I already have trouble allocating who to spend my 5 weeks holiday a year with. I am planning on running adventure type holidays with a mate though. We've done that before, going exploring by running in exotic locations. This guy is surprisingly good at running. He's about 210/220lbs and does a marathon pretty much every time he goes for a run. Maybe 2 a week.

Hah, if six episodes of that was the last season, you'd have been going quicker out of rage how it was all wrapped up and ruined. :p
Yeah :dry:

I'd imagine London is quite flat (at least compared to the valleys around here - I can't cycle anywhere without encountering a damned hill hah). One thing I will say though (free advice) ;) don't be afraid of the hills; the more you do, the stronger and faster you'll become naturally. It has helped me immensely too by doing Squats and Deadlifting at the gym; not excessive weights, just enough to feel those leg muscles burn a little. Stronger legs equals better cycling, especially up climbs. Deadlifting helps build the muscles around your lower back too which can become irritable because of that cycling position. There are of course alternatives; plenty of ways to stretch those muscles out before/after a ride.
I want hills! I'm rubbish at them at the moment. Especially when you start on one with no momentum. I already do deadlifts regularly. Have an olympic bar with quite heavy weights set up in front of my lounge home cinema ready to go. But squats I don't take too many risks without a partner to stop accidents lol. My legs seem better after I think 3 and a bit weeks of commuting to work and back by bike so I hope that continues.

I need to reply to these on pc, impossible on phone.
Haha, I manage. I just copy everything to my phones notepad, do all the fancy work, then paste it back in here. Works a charm! ;)

Oh right. Yeah, you have to live within your new means I guess, and as we age we'll all have extra limitations. I know I've had some ankle injuries that have made me nervous about turning suddenly at full pace, which means I'm not going to play football that much any more. How different is your new footwear then?
They're just new. I think with running, it's advised to get new footwear every 300-400miles; Strava keeps a track of mileage, so I can keep a track of where I am with them. It's not set in stone though, weight, running style etc needs to be taken into account. I know that my left foot lands more on it's exterior, and so the outside of my left trainer wears quicker than normal. Once the support starts to wear too thin, ones running style is impacted, and that has consequences for other muscles and such that try to overcompensate for stability.

I have many colleagues and wider circle friends who cycle very seriously and are part of the reason I started, but I'm not sure I'd go away with them unless someone organised it as a group thing (which I'd definitely be up for). I already have trouble allocating who to spend my 5 weeks holiday a year with. I am planning on running adventure type holidays with a mate though. We've done that before, going exploring by running in exotic locations. This guy is surprisingly good at running. He's about 210/220lbs and does a marathon pretty much every time he goes for a run. Maybe 2 a week.
I guess that's one problem with going away with a serious cycling group if you don't just want to go cycling. I know there's some keen cyclists in a group I go out with, and when they plan a cycling break, they literally mean a full on cycling break. I enjoy cycling, but even that's too much for me!

That's mental to run two marathons a week, but some people can just do it. Genetics certainly comes into play sometimes. Envy is strong within me, heh!

I want hills! I'm rubbish at them at the moment. Especially when you start on one with no momentum. I already do deadlifts regularly. Have an olympic bar with quite heavy weights set up in front of my lounge home cinema ready to go. But squats I don't take too many risks without a partner to stop accidents lol. My legs seem better after I think 3 and a bit weeks of commuting to work and back by bike so I hope that continues.
Could you just do bodyweight squats? You'd be surprised how effective they can be, maybe do a set between each Deadlift? I don't think I'd do it if I had a bar in my living room, the couch would take precedence haha. One reason I force myself to the gym is because I know if I'm there and don't do it, I'm wasting time and money, so I (usually) get stuck in. You must have more home dedication than I if you're picking up weights at home. Commendable! ;)

These last 10lbs are proving to be a pain in the ash to get off lol.

I did between 7-8 miles on the gym bike last night and am posting from the bike right now having just completed 2 more.

Since my bday last sunday, I have been in the gym every day since. The only reason I didn’t go on my bday is because I had to drive 7 hours for this work trip and had to work at 4am the next morning.

I’ve achieved my water goal of 50 ounces every day but one, and I’m not entirely sure I missed it that day. Either way if I average all my days, then I’m up to between 55-60 a day.

Let's not forget all those other days which if they end in a "y" also screw up our eating plans... :D

Thinking of trying 6-8 weeks on keto to see if I can shake this last 10lbs. Won't be starting till next week though as I have a 10k on Sunday and don't fancy going in to that exhausted.

My goal for the two weeks I’m out of town for work was to bike 50 miles in the hotel gym. I hot that goal tonight, three days early! And since I didn’t go in last Sunday, I did it in ten days. So yay.

These last 10lbs are proving to be a pain in the ash to get off lol.

Well, it seems I am down to the final 10lbs to lose too... :wow:
And it’s all fat around my belly, dammit!
I still have 5-6 weeks of intermittent fasting with keto to go, maybe I’ll get rid of it by then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"