The Official Hype Fitness Thread 6.0 - Part 8

Hi All,

I'm just getting over a pretty bad infection, it may have been tonsillitis. The fever has broken today, although my throat is still very sore and the glands under my jaw are still quite inflamed and painful.

Any recommendations as to when it would be wise to start training again?

Thanks...

Go to the gym when you feel you are strong enough to be competant. You would be amazed how well breaking a sweat can aid in recovery.

Despite the fever having been gone since Sunday morning, I have realised that I am still way too weak to go back to my training.
I did go back to work today and although it is only a 5 minute walk for me from my home to the office. At the end of it, I felt quite drained. Add to that a blinding headache I have had for a significant portion of the day.

Probably means I am not quite recovered yet.

Let's see how I feel tomorrow morning...

I canceled my gym membership the other day. I will try to do my workouts at the house for now on instead.

I canceled my gym membership the other day. I will try to do my workouts at the house for now on instead.

Nothing wrong with that, so long as you have the proper equipment and motivation. I haven't been regularly to the gym for years.

Ahh man, but you miss the best part...fine women in leggings/yoga pants/tight shorts.

/*****ebag

Seriously, though.

:o

Any recommendations on whey and creatine? I'm using store brands (financial reasons), but I'm ready to switch up.

There's always Optimum Nutrition, and that's for whey or creatine.

Thanks. I'll probably stop and get some of that after my workout tomorrow.

Any recommendations on whey and creatine? I'm using store brands (financial reasons), but I'm ready to switch up.

What do you mean? Where else would you get it if not from a store?

He's getting like the GNC, Walgreens, RiteAid generic brand one right now instead of something like ON. That's what I gathered from his post at least.

He's getting like the GNC, Walgreens, RiteAid generic brand one right now instead of something like ON. That's what I gathered from his post at least.

Yep. And since my gymtime's getting more intense I need protein drinks that'll better accomodate it.

Pff don't fall for that 'better protein" trap. Truth is you don't need Whey but it's just easy and some brands are cheaper then whole foods (per protein). Try and find a brand you can afford and that's been tested. There's a lot of aminospiking going on, brands claiming 90% while there's acctually only 70% off useable protein in there. Also don't by brands that have whey with creatine in them. Creatine is very cheap so they throw it in there and charge too much for it. You' re better off with a clean protein powder and cheap Creatine Monohydrate (pref. from Germany).

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexmor...in-powders-lack-protein-ripping-off-athletes/

https://blog.priceplow.com/protein-scam-amino-acid-spiking

Supposedly this company tests protein in the US.
Can't vouch for it, but they seem legit.
https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/1qgww1/tested_top_50_protein_supplements/

so far this year i've lost 10-11 lbs. been having some major health problems for the last month or two which is why i've not been around but hope to have them figured out soon

Nothing wrong with that, so long as you have the proper equipment and motivation. I haven't been regularly to the gym for years.

I got some equipment, not much though. I need to go to the sports store and get some more.

But the drive was too far. Around 17 minutes to drive there. Than 17 to get back. Over a half hour of driving, I could be done half of my workout in that time.

Ahh man, but you miss the best part...fine women in leggings/yoga pants/tight shorts.

/*****ebag

Seriously, though.

:o

That is true...I might go back one day. But I need to find a location that is closer.. But right now all the closer gyms are too expensive.. the one that is 5 minutes from me is $80 a month. I was paying $20 a month at Planet Fitness

I got some equipment, not much though. I need to go to the sports store and get some more.

But the drive was too far. Around 17 minutes to drive there. Than 17 to get back. Over a half hour of driving, I could be done half of my workout in that time.

I hear ya, it's nice to be able to workout whenever you please (be it in the middle of the night even) and not have to wait for equipment or machines or that. Plus you save money on it as well. The only downside is, as was mentioned, the lack of yogapants-girls :o

That is true...I might go back one day. But I need to find a location that is closer.. But right now all the closer gyms are too expensive.. the one that is 5 minutes from me is $80 a month. I was paying $20 a month at Planet Fitness

$80 a month? My royal penis better be cleaned after every workout for that price.

There was a super fancy gym near me when I lived in MD that was about $100 a month. They offered childcare, tanning, sauna, like 4 pools. It was excessive to say the least.

I hear ya, it's nice to be able to workout whenever you please (be it in the middle of the night even) and not have to wait for equipment or machines or that. Plus you save money on it as well. The only downside is, as was mentioned, the lack of yogapants-girls :o

I have no machines. Maybe one day i'll get one. But now I just have free weights. I have a bench, and a bar with plates but it is old. I think it's from the early 80's. I use the bar for bench press, bicep curls, military press & bent over rows. But it's old and it makes my hands smell, hahah.

Sometimes I use it for squats, but I have to be careful and use less weight cause I have no squat rack. So I'd like to get a whole knew bench/ bar one day.

I also have that Irongym pull up bar you put on your doorway. Plus I have several free weights, but I need more. The heaviest I have is a 45 pound. I need to stock up on heavy ones. I would like to get a rack so I can do squats. And a bar just for deadlifts.

Ah yes.. yoga pant girls.. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"