The Official Hype Fitness Thread 6.0 - Part 8

One upside is that we can now say we have more than enough time to workout before we claimed that we didn't.

I’m still working (from home) so I get no extra time, just closed gyms and very limited movement outside the house!

My gym was open last time I checked but I do not trust the employees there to keep it sanitary like they are saying they will. Honestly thinking of letting the membership go and working out at home only, especially if things are shutdown here for a considerable amount of time.

I'm thankful right now for all the exercise equipment I have at home. A full selection of Olympic weights kept on different bars so I am always ready to go when I feel like it without having to change weights. Plus a gym standard cross-trainer (same as the ones David Lloyd use).

My gym was open last time I checked but I do not trust the employees there to keep it sanitary like they are saying they will. Honestly thinking of letting the membership go and working out at home only, especially if things are shutdown here for a considerable amount of time.
It's hard to keep safe in a gym I think unless they are continuously cleaning it, plus you are relying on all other gym-goers being sensible. It only takes one to stuff things up.

I fired up my CP25K app and went out last night for the first run in 4+ years.

i haven't been off since March 15th :(

Pro Tip: WIth Dumbbells, Benches, Freeweights in general being a) expensive b) taking up too much room c) sold out, I really suggest getting resistance bands.
Unless you're a competing body builder they will do the job. There are tons on Ebay that ship domestically so they won't take long. They're very versatile, go up a lot of weight ranges and they don't take up much space

Similarly to Pancakes up there, I actually miss my Squats and Deadlifts.

I’ve been doing a few body weight squats and some light dumbbell lifts (light because I simply don’t have much weight with them) but it’s not quite the same!

I’ve made myself a little home gym program, things like tricep dips, bicep curls, lateral raises, shoulder press and some chest press/flyes but it takes a special amount of motivation to start the process of doing it - especially after work!

I may need to get a treadmill if they start implying that we can't jog outside.

i just found a pair of kettlebells in the attic while cleaning/boxing stuff for my move. so that's a little reassuring i have something to use

I’ve got my deadlift bar set up in front of my TV. Need to make that a regular habit now.

I’m getting tonnes of steps walking around my lounge and some limited weights in. Deadlifts are easy to do as well curls/presses, but I can’t easily do squats or bench press. I need to make cardio a regular daily thing too. I’ve been working longer hours while at home though.

one-hour-a-day.jpg

last week was very poor for me. totally admit it.

this week trying to be better. 30+k steps total in the last 2 days is big progress for me. especially since i've had to be way more sedentary at my job lately than i've been in a long time

That’s a great number of steps while working. :up:

Since my daughter is getting older (3 years now) she is "taking" more and more time and energy from me, so exercise has been pretty sporadic for quite a while actually. These last few months I've been getting a lot of running done though, and I feel like I might be finding a bit of consistensy again, which is Nice.

much better this week. way more active, even though i worked 6 days this week :/
made a conscious effort to up my water intake, and i ate better too.

I went back to the gym this morning for the first time since it reopened last week. I worked out at home some during the last two months and did a lot of walking but I'm definitely glad to be able to get back to the gym and lifting a barbell. Was only a couple other people there that early which was nice and the gym was clean/neat for a change.

I went back to the gym this morning for the first time since it reopened last week. I worked out at home some during the last two months and did a lot of walking but I'm definitely glad to be able to get back to the gym and lifting a barbell. Was only a couple other people there that early which was nice and the gym was clean/neat for a change.
Nice. It feels like a lifetime ago that I last went to a gym!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"