The Official Hype Fitness Thread 6.0 - Part 8

Yeah. I'm in a weird situation. My mother doesn't have a lot of money and basically can't take care of herself anymore, so I'm it. She's improving, but we're not comfortable leaving her alone just yet. I'm up at 4am and working until she gets up. Then it's medication, breakfast, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc. When I was working onsite, I could get away from my desk, go downstairs, and workout. Someone else was around. Now I'm completely tethered to my phone and have to be available for network emergencies and general stuff. I'm actually thinking of seeing if there's a small, portable exercise machine of some sort I can put on the back deck just outside my "office" at my house (when I can get home) and my mom's. Then I could get away instead of posting on the Hype all day. LOL.

Gotcha, yeah that's hard. I assume, although I would be wrong, but I assume you have time while you're working, to bust out like 10 push ups? 10 bodyweight squats, etc? It's not ideal, but again, pretty much anything is far better than nothing.

Gotcha, yeah that's hard. I assume, although I would be wrong, but I assume you have time while you're working, to bust out like 10 push ups? 10 bodyweight squats, etc? It's not ideal, but again, pretty much anything is far better than nothing.

That's true. I could do that and will set regular alarms.

If anybody does have any ideas for a lightweight portable exercise thingy.....

EDIT:Maybe I'll get a jump rope. I used to box so I know how to do that. You should see my Muhammad Ali jump rope routine. People used to laugh at that one.....Joe Frazier, you ain't nuthin' but a........

EDIT:Maybe I'll get a jump rope. I used to box so I know how to do that. You should see my Muhammad Ali jump rope routine. People used to laugh at that one.....Joe Frazier, you ain't nuthin' but a........
My friend has started skipping first thing in the morning. It’s a really great form of cardio.

Well it depends, I mean what are your goals?

Well it depends, I mean what are your goals?

I wanna take out Lomachenko for his lightweight belt. Unfortunately, I'll have to lose about 25 pounds so maybe I'll have to rethink. Basically, I just need some cardio and medium upper body work. I was doing about 30 minutes per day of that (curls, pulls, etc. nothing extreme).

I'm glad I wandered on this thread. It's motivating me (I think ......LOL).

My friend has started skipping first thing in the morning. It’s a really great form of cardio.

I used to jump for about 15 minutes before and after training. I did it about 1 or 2 years ago and barely got through 3 or 4 minutes. Your arms need to get used to it.

I used to jump for about 15 minutes before and after training. I did it about 1 or 2 years ago and barely got through 3 or 4 minutes. Your arms need to get used to it.
15 minutes sounds hard!

15 minutes sounds hard!

You'll definitely get a good sweat up. You learn how to minimize effort. If you know what you're doing, you barely have to take your feet off the ground and use your wrists to flip the rope. Still......15 minutes is a long time...

You'll definitely get a good sweat up. You learn how to minimize effort. If you know what you're doing, you barely have to take your feet off the ground and use your wrists to flip the rope. Still......15 minutes is a long time...
I imagine my technique would be pretty terrible right now and I’d bring all kinds of things crashing down in my lounge. :D

Reactions: B
I imagine my technique would be pretty terrible right now and I’d bring all kinds of things crashing down in my lounge. :D
I was surprised at how well I was able to jump rope after years of not doing it. Muscle memory I suppose. I couldn’t do my Ali cross arm skip, that failed about eight times in a row. LOL

I wanna take out Lomachenko for his lightweight belt. Unfortunately, I'll have to lose about 25 pounds so maybe I'll have to rethink. Basically, I just need some cardio and medium upper body work. I was doing about 30 minutes per day of that (curls, pulls, etc. nothing extreme).

I'm glad I wandered on this thread. It's motivating me (I think ......LOL).

Ha, fair enough! Well if you want to increase your cardio capacity, and lose weight, doing burpees is a great place to start. But any well structured HIIT is going to be great for your cardio system. As for losing weight, diet, diet, diet.

I was surprised at how well I was able to jump rope after years of not doing it. Muscle memory I suppose. I couldn’t do my Ali cross arm skip, that failed about eight times in a row. LOL
How does the Ali cross arm skip work?

How does the Ali cross arm skip work?
Jump rope like you regularly do but when the rope gets about head high you cross your arms and jump through the loop and bring it back on the way back up. Does that make sense? LOL. There’s also my Ali 720 jump where I actually do jump and pull the rope around twice Before my feet come down. Didn’t try that one

I used to love skipping anytime I trained, I wouldn't do it for 15 minutes, but maybe a good 5 as a warm up & to get the blood flowing & anytime I was waiting for a piece of equipment to be free I'd go over & skip until it free'd up.

I got pretty good at it as well if I don't mind saying so myself, I'd watch videos of Floyd Mayweather skipping on Youtube & the next time I'd go in I'd try to replicate the moves to an extent until I could do them.

It helps those with uncoordinated feet develop some coordination & rhythm, I can see why a lot of fighters do it, I never really used it for cardio but if you're doing it for 15 minutes solid at a decent speed it will get your heart rate up that's for sure.

If you have anywhere to hang them, rings are very versatile and will work for most of the uppger body muscles.
You can also pick up a few different sizes of those Rubber bands with handles. I use them in my warmups but I am sure you can make a proper routine with them if they are strong enough. They also require something sturdy to attach them too though.

Jump rope like you regularly do but when the rope gets about head high you cross your arms and jump through the loop and bring it back on the way back up. Does that make sense? LOL. There’s also my Ali 720 jump where I actually do jump and pull the rope around twice Before my feet come down. Didn’t try that one
Yeah, think I've seen that. Sounds difficult lol.

It's more about flexibility. I'm not as flexible as I was.....maybe it'll come back. I'll think I'll look for a good leather jump rope......if they still make them....I used to have an Everlast.......they've probably got some new, dad gummed, fancy material they make them out of these days.....I feel really old. :yay:

It's more about flexibility. I'm not as flexible as I was.....maybe it'll come back. I'll think I'll look for a good leather jump rope......if they still make them....I used to have an Everlast.......they've probably got some new, dad gummed, fancy material they make them out of these days.....I feel really old. :yay:
Well I'm pretty good on the flexibility front (martial arts background helped with that) so I'd like to try these once I can do basic skipping. :cwink:

Eh, they're not that hard. I wouldn't even say it takes much flexibility at all imho, more about hand eye coordination, and speed. If you can give yourself a hug, you're flexible enough. Best examples I could find.

Eh, they're not that hard. I wouldn't even say it takes much flexibility at all imho, more about hand eye coordination, and speed. If you can give yourself a hug, you're flexible enough. Best examples I could find.

Thanks. Challenge accepted! :cwink:

Just keep in mind, anything that is going to be high impact, like jumping rope, take slowly, and be smart about it. :D
Thanks. :up: I'm pretty good with that. Avoiding injuries is high priority after I've seen how much they can set you back.

I'm also back to work at the moment and have been walking there and back (just over 3 hours combined). I plan to start running home again like I used to. Tonight should be the first time in ages so I'll be taking it easy and will have no qualms stopping/walking if I feel I need to.

And to prove that I'm somehow managed to hurt my neck at work and will put running off till it's better.

Apparently (though I find it hard to believe myself) Dwayne Johnson (the Rock) has reached his current figure without the use of steroids, but his life literally is mostly eating and training if his social media account is anything to go by

Lol, I love The Rock but he is 100% juiced to the gills. He just does it under medical supervision.

How’s everyone’s routine been since lockdown set in? I know a lot of stuff has reopened, or is slowly in the process of.
I am ecstatic! Been back in the gym since last week. Gyms were shut down for 3 months here. There were no resistance bands/bodyweight workouts that could replace a proper gym session for me. I'm taking it easy on the weight being lifted but I expect to be back to normal w/i a couple weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"