The Official Hype Fitness Thread 6.0

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Thread Manager, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrvlknight21 Pullups for breakfast!!

It goes in spurts for this thread.

2. AndrewGilkison Registered

Are all you doing to work your abs is situps? There are other ab routines you can also do along with that.

3. Manic User title? USER TITLE?!

It's no secret that I hate exercise with every fiber of my being despite the fact that I do it 5 days per week every week. I still insist that I hate it.

...and yet I was disappointed that I had to cut my leg workout short today because I had to rush home to take my grandfather to his optometry appointment. I only managed to get in my 8 sets of squats (I pyramid them, so 4 of those sets aren't really "working" sets), some leg curls, and some calf raises.

4. Colossal Spoons Paper boi

^I just had the same workout with some seated hamstring curls thrown in, took 32 minutes. Except I didn't run out of time, I ran out of energy :O

5. Anita18 DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Manic, if you're doing something 5 days a week, you don't hate it. :cwink:

Due to my schedule (and insistence on saving gas), I only go to the gym twice a week, but it's starting to make a difference. :yay:

6. Manic User title? USER TITLE?!

Nope, sorry. I'm pretty sure I hate every moment of it. I only go because I'm getting $35 deducted from my bank account every month, and I can't be bothered to end my membership. I'm far too lazy to enjoy exercise.

I'm fairly certain that the moment I allow myself to enjoy this, something will go wrong.

7. Holiday https://joebiden.info/

A couple of suggestions;

Focus less on calorie count and more on eating healthy. Get rid of the pasta, bread, rice, sweets and tv dinners if you eating any of that stuff.

Lose the situps as they can cause you some lower back problems, do what are called "planks" instead. There's plenty of YouTube videos out there that can show you variations on those. Also, look up what is called a "tummy vacuum" exercise. Search the YouTube channel "strenghtcamp" for a good video on that.

8. baby_webhead Straight Edge

Is this the video you are talking about? [YT]Cbf2wqE4Gw[/YT]

#58 baby_webhead, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited by moderator ComicChick: Sep 3, 2012
  9. Holiday https://joebiden.info/

Yep, that's one of his videos where he talks about it. :up: In another he talks about how good digestive health plays a part in what our abs look like. I've been watching a lot of his videos where he talks about muscle imbalances and bad posture, lots of good info.

10. Anita18 DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Bad posture makes my fiance look like he has a belly when it is anything but. :o

Question about barbell rows. When I do them, my wrists hurt. Am I holding them at a wrong angle or something?

Good news - in about two weeks I'll be able to squat my mom's weight. :funny: And soon after, my weight. :awesome:

11. Naked Shia Greece is the best coutry

I have lost more than 10 pounds in one month. I'm so glad!

12. Colossal Spoons Paper boi

Your grip is most likely the problem. Your upper body should be close to parallel with the floor which takes any wrist angle problems out of the equation since you'll just be rowing in an upward motion. Perhaps your grip is also too close, which would definitely cause an awkward position at the top of the lift. This website taught me how to BB row, check it out.

13. TheGuy Dwelling under the Batcave

Typhoid sucks. Next week was supposed to be the last week for the 5x5 SL program.:cmad:

:up:

How long have you been doing the program?

14. Colossal Spoons Paper boi

You got da fever? Oh noes! Get well soon man.

15. Anita18 DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Yeah my grip is probably too narrow. Thanks!

Yikes! Hope you feel better!

I've been doing SL 5x5 (on BAH HUMBUG's recommendation :awesome: ) for a month now. I only go 2x a week because of my work/class schedule, but I'm always surprised at how I can add 5lbs to each workout and not kill myself. :funny: Only for squats and deadlifts though. My upper body still needs a lot of work. :o I use the app and it's a great way to keep track of stuff, except that the app only starts at 45lbs and some of us (female!) weaklings are still doing 40lb overhead and bench presses. :o My arms are definitely gotten more dense and my technique is improving...so it's progress. :up: I don't even mind that I haven't gained a pound! I can squat 80lbs, and I will probably do more next week!

Guys at the gym are really, REALLY nice to you when you're the only woman using the barbells and the squat rack. :woot: And it's hilarious seeing the double takes of other women (usually using the 5-10lb dumbells) seeing such a skinny stick handle so much weight. :lmao:

16. TheAQU4M4N K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

After seeing TDKR, I wanted to to try Tom Hardy's "Bane" workout. I've looked around and it said his diet was surprisingly very unhealthy and he did 5x5 and doing supersets of opposite muscle groups. Can anyone confirm this?

17. Anita18 DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

I've read that too, but I dunno if anyone could really "confirm" it unless they talked to either Hardy or Hardy's trainer.

He did have to put on a lot of sheer weight, and he didn't have to be ripped like in Warrior (or even Bale in American Psycho). It makes sense that he just took in a lot of calories and worked out enough so he wouldn't be flabby. Kind of the same way Bale put on weight very quickly for BB. :funny:

18. Mandalore464 New User

Edit : Deleted

#68 Mandalore464, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  19. baby_webhead Straight Edge

If finally getting back into working out as i have had a 2 week break because of deadly deadlines and sickness. I've gotten in 3 days of push-ups and today was the first day back on the treadmill, sorta as a warm up week.

I now know where I need major motivation: CORE & ARMS. Chest and legs are great. I love those. But it just sucks to do core and I feel really week when I do bicep curls. :/

20. ComicChick I Work Too Much

i love being at the gym once i'm there but i am finding it very difficult to get myself there

i've been working way too much and i'm tired all the time.

21. Mandalore464 New User

Edit : Deleted

#71 Mandalore464, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  22. Vengeance of Bane Registered

I've been training steadily for about a year with great results, but one thing that confounds me is the fact that I can't do as many pushups as I could at the time I started working out. I feel really weak when I do them. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

23. TheGuy Dwelling under the Batcave

Hate bicep curls too.

24. mrvlknight21 Pullups for breakfast!!

A lot of people have this problem almost daily, just getting there. Once there, most people enjoy their workout and get things accomplished.
    This is where a workout partner really helps out a lot-if someone is expecting you to be there, it really helps motivate you to get in the car and go.
    Either way, figure out a way to make it happen. For some, (like me) getting the workout in first thing in the morning is best, because it eliminates obstacles later in the day.

Depends...are you training to improve your pushup numbers?

Your routine, diet and many other things could affect this and keep in mind, you can be getting stronger (maximum effort strength, like a 1 rep max bench press) and your strength endurance (doing as many pushups as you can in a row) could be decreasing.

Focus your training on your goals. If you goal is 100 pushups in a row, find a program tailored to that, such as www.hundredpushups.com or use a "grease the groove" method of training. Conversely, if you want to increase your maximum bench press, focus on that kind of program and dont worry about your pushup numbers for a while.

25. Anita18 DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

So from what you're getting at, you only get stronger in the things you work at, and that doesn't necessarily translate to the real world? (Max bench press vs being able to lift boxes all day.)

Well, I suppose then you'd have to tailor your workout to what you want to be able to do in the real world....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.