The Official Hype Fitness Thread 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you do squats with a high bar position or a low bar position? I could never take the strain with high bar, but low bar with a really wide grip is about as comfortable as it gets for me.
That's the thing - I'm not sure. The bar does lean on one of my cervical vertebra, but it definitely feels like it's sitting on the shelf that the top of the shoulder blade makes. I'm really skinny and there's not a whole lot of muscle there. I have to adjust so it isn't sitting on just bone.

When I widened my grip yesterday, it felt like I was wrapping my shoulder around it, and the strain was less. But my shoulder still feels weak, especially when I take the bar off my back. It's probably just still tweaked from last week, but I'm not sure what else to do besides work on general shoulder flexibility. The tops of my deltoids were really sore.

I've finally gotten more serious about eating better on top of working out fairly consistently. Down from about 200 to 182 this morning. Long term goal is to hit 170. We'll see how it all goes. If I do hit 170, it's very likely I will be posting pics because I will likely never look that good again.

Thank god for deload weeks, it feels sooo good.

Today two of my co-workers said I was looking bigger, and one of them asked about my weightlifting. You know, good for me and all that, but that just seems like a sign to me that I've been gaining an apparently noticeable amount of muscle instead of losing fat like I want. And despite all the weight loss I've experienced this last year, I'm still pretty fat.

Sooooooo I guess I'm gonna have to start eating less. Which I'm going to hate.

back to the gym after a week of being away because of a neck strain :) got some anti inflammatory pills and now Im good as new!

Did 3 sets of 10 burpee pullups for time. Rowed 1500 meters and was on the elliptical for 2 miles.

Today two of my co-workers said I was looking bigger, and one of them asked about my weightlifting. You know, good for me and all that, but that just seems like a sign to me that I've been gaining an apparently noticeable amount of muscle instead of losing fat like I want. And despite all the weight loss I've experienced this last year, I'm still pretty fat.

Sooooooo I guess I'm gonna have to start eating less. Which I'm going to hate.

Do you track your calories?

I used to keep rough estimates, but not so much lately. I know that my breakfasts* are usually between 500 and 800 calories (depending on whether I still have any english muffins, if I feel like having either bacon or fried andouille or both, and I pretty much always have scrambled eggs), but dinner varies and I don't typically eat lunch. When I go to the gym, I have about 240 calories from protein shakes (120cal shake before the gym, 120cal shake immediately after). There's probably a good 100cal in my morning coffee. I pretty much only drink water, aside from any wine I might drink on Friday and Saturday nights.

My biggest variable is dinner, where I have almost no self-control and will eat damn near anything.

*I say it's breakfast, but I don't actually eat until I get off of work. I wake up, drink coffee, drink a protein shake, go to the gym, drink another shake, go to work, come home, eat breakfast, eat nothing for the next 5 hours, and eat dinner.

Day 1 of Intermittent Fasting and my eating window just opened. 5 hours to eat 180g of protein and 2300 calories. Omnomnomnomnom :cmad:

I used to keep rough estimates, but not so much lately. I know that my breakfasts* are usually between 500 and 800 calories (depending on whether I still have any english muffins, if I feel like having either bacon or fried andouille or both, and I pretty much always have scrambled eggs), but dinner varies and I don't typically eat lunch. When I go to the gym, I have about 240 calories from protein shakes (120cal shake before the gym, 120cal shake immediately after). There's probably a good 100cal in my morning coffee. I pretty much only drink water, aside from any wine I might drink on Friday and Saturday nights.

My biggest variable is dinner, where I have almost no self-control and will eat damn near anything.

*I say it's breakfast, but I don't actually eat until I get off of work. I wake up, drink coffee, drink a protein shake, go to the gym, drink another shake, go to work, come home, eat breakfast, eat nothing for the next 5 hours, and eat dinner.

I think Myfitnesspal would be a big help for ya. TO lose weight you need to be at a calorie defecit and it sounds like you don't really know if you are. When I started doing that it really surprised me how quickly the calories added up and really helped me with weight. Give it a shot and keep working hard in the gym!

Had not eaten meat in two months, until today I ate an egg mcmuffin. Oh well. I wanted to prove I didn't need to eat a living being to survive, but I guess I was wrong.

That "breakfast" is already making me feel queasy. :o

But I come from a family of skinny ninnies and we must have stomach hormones up the wazoo, to keep things in check. :funny: There actually IS a hormone that your stomach produces when you eat, to tell you you're full, and you bet there's variation in the human population. I don't think I could binge if I tried.

Had not eaten meat in two months, until today I ate an egg mcmuffin. Oh well. I wanted to prove I didn't need to eat a living being to survive, but I guess I was wrong.
To be fair, a chicken doesn't die to give you that egg, and it wouldn't have hatched anyway because they aren't fertilized. That egg is coming out no matter what. :funny: It's more of a bother for a cow to give milk to make that cheese, but the cow doesn't die.

Now, that pig is most definitely dead. But pigs are so delicious. :woot:

Mcmuffin has ham on it. I almost broke down in tears eating it.

Day 1 of Intermittent Fasting and my eating window just opened. 5 hours to eat 180g of protein and 2300 calories. Omnomnomnomnom :cmad:

Doesn't fasting and over consumption lead to more fat gain? I thought it was said that one who starves themselves then gorges on meals packs on lbs because you put your body into "hibernation mode" where it thinks food is scarce and stores as much as it can as body fat instead of muscle.

Got a personal trainer last week. He's a slave-driver. Ran over 7 miles yesterday. Thought I'd keel over. But the worst part isn't the working out, it's the diet he wants me to keep to. Steamed fish, boiled chicken and vegetables (and not the cool ones like potatoes).

Got a personal trainer last week. He's a slave-driver. Ran over 7 miles yesterday. Thought I'd keel over. But the worst part isn't the working out, it's the diet he wants me to keep to. Steamed fish, boiled chicken and vegetables (and not the cool ones like potatoes).
Boiled chicken? Just kill me now. :o

Boiled chicken? Just kill me now. :o

He's a former drill sergeant. I take his draconian diet instructions as general guidelines and don't strictly enforce them. I'd go insane. I used to eat a lot of chocolate bars and sodas and pasta, and I've cut all that out. But I still cheat and have a nice sandwich for lunch every other day or have whole milk in my cereal. I'm not going to feel guilty if I follow the diet some days and cheat a little on other days, because I'm still eating insanely healthy to what I was doing a week ago and burning almost 600 calories a day as well. But this guy has to understand I'm not in basic training. I'm a 30 year old dude who just wants to feel comfortable taking his shirt off at the beach, not joining the SEALs.

Doesn't fasting and over consumption lead to more fat gain? I thought it was said that one who starves themselves then gorges on meals packs on lbs because you put your body into "hibernation mode" where it thinks food is scarce and stores as much as it can as body fat instead of muscle.

What makes you think he overconsumes?
I don't know what the science is but I don't think fasting in itself will make it easier to gain fat. I know many people who use IF/LG (myself included) with great results.
I myself however have never gotten truly ripped but that's more because I'm not disciplined enough :woot:

I know Hugh Jackman did the intermittent thing for Wolverine. I'd like to give it a shot, but I might try carb cycling first while I'm still on my quest for 10% BF. on that note, my fat burn stalled this week. :( I'm thinking I might nix the creatine starting this weekend. I'm hoping that helps. What do you all do to help get over a fat burn plateau?

I did hit 600 reps on obliques this morning. 300 Russian twists and 300 side bends. Loving this day and the progress there. The goal is to blend obliques and abs into a single day, getting 250 reps each on lower and upper abs, and then 250 reps each for bending and twisting motions.

"Starvation Mode" is the biggest myth in the fitness world. It would take a loooong time before your body began to store most ingested calories as fat; I'm talking days. I'm fasting for 16 hours and then eating my target calories in an 8 hour window, so there's no over-consumption either. Heck, I even fell short of my caloric goal by like 200 b/c I was stuffed.

What makes you think he overconsumes?
I don't know what the science is but I don't think fasting in itself will make it easier to gain fat. I know many people who use IF/LG (myself included) with great results.
I myself however have never gotten truly ripped but that's more because I'm not disciplined enough :woot:

IF would be dangerous if you have the ability to binge eat to the levels of most competitive eaters and you go way over your caloric goal. Some willpower and macronutrient calculation should keep that from happening though. Today, I need to squeeze some veggies into my eating window. Yesterday, I pretty much ate meat, drank milk, and some whey powder :o

So I'm looking at my numbers, and assessing my nutrition/supplementation, and I'm definitely thinking water retention is the problem right now. My lean mass has jumped from 147.6 lbs on June 14 to 154.8 this morning. Even though I'm seeing some great gains on my lifting, I doubt I've put on that much actual muscle. Looking at it, my lean mass went from 150.5 to 154.3 in just a week from July 7 to July 14, which is when I started taking the creatine in both my pre- and post workout shakes. Over the course of this week, it's only gone up .5 lbs, which jives with my lifting gains. I'll back it off to just the 5g pre workout over the weekend, and see if my fat goes back to my 2 lbs/wk rate of loss. I've also been on a thermogenic the last two weeks, so I may try ceasing that for 4 days, maybe a week, and then seeing how I respond.

IF would be dangerous if you have the ability to binge eat to the levels of most competitive eaters and you go way over your caloric goal. Some willpower and macronutrient calculation should keep that from happening though. Today, I need to squeeze some veggies into my eating window. Yesterday, I pretty much ate meat, drank milk, and some whey powder :o

Haha :oldrazz: Yeah I know a lot of people who find out about IF think they can eat whatever and how much they like as long as they are in their feeding window. It's similar to people starting with LCHF as well I have noticed; they think they can eat how much fat and protein they like just because they cut out the carbs :woot:
I have moved away a bit from IF just because my feeding window was never long enough, maybe something like 4-5 hours, and it became a chore for me to get all my daily calories in. It usually ended up with me eating a lot of crap and processed food just to get some easy calories in to hit my goal for the day.
Now I just eat whenever I feel like it and try to fit in more "healthy" food.

So I'm looking at my numbers, and assessing my nutrition/supplementation, and I'm definitely thinking water retention is the problem right now. My lean mass has jumped from 147.6 lbs on June 14 to 154.8 this morning. Even though I'm seeing some great gains on my lifting, I doubt I've put on that much actual muscle. Looking at it, my lean mass went from 150.5 to 154.3 in just a week from July 7 to July 14, which is when I started taking the creatine in both my pre- and post workout shakes. Over the course of this week, it's only gone up .5 lbs, which jives with my lifting gains. I'll back it off to just the 5g pre workout over the weekend, and see if my fat goes back to my 2 lbs/wk rate of loss. I've also been on a thermogenic the last two weeks, so I may try ceasing that for 4 days, maybe a week, and then seeing how I respond.

Which one? I'm trying out Lipo-6 Black right now cuz I'm a big supporter of Nutrex.

so I definitely cheated my diet last night, I was craving Steak and ended up grilling a Ribeye, didn't have it all though. I also cut out most of the fatness of it as well.

Which one? I'm trying out Lipo-6 Black right now cuz I'm a big supporter of Nutrex.

OxyELITE Pro old formula. I had used it a few years ago, but got used to it. When GNC gave me a sample and I tried it about two weeks ago, the effects were there again. I've been trying to cycle it (3 days on, 1 day off, 2 days on, 1 day off), but I think I need to use it for a week, then lay off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"