The Official Hype Fitness Thread 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
OxyELITE Pro old formula. I had used it a few years ago, but got used to it. When GNC gave me a sample and I tried it about two weeks ago, the effects were there again. I've been trying to cycle it (3 days on, 1 day off, 2 days on, 1 day off), but I think I need to use it for a week, then lay off.

Gotcha. You're like a lot of people who adapt to stims quickly. The plus side of frequent cycling is that it'll last longer at least.

Last edited:
Here's my back, shot today (cold).
The ugly grey mark is from all my squats (do more of you guys have that problem?)
2h4dts8.jpg

Looking good :up: That grey spot looks odd though.

I just came back from a 10km run, 59min 57seconds, I am pretty pleased actually. I still have a few weeks to shave off a few seconds but below 60min was already my goal so I can't complain.

The ugly grey mark is from all my squats (do more of you guys have that problem?)
2h4dts8.jpg
I don't think I have a grey spot, but there is a patch of dry skin where the bar rubs. It's higher on me than on you, so I'm probably holding the bar too high. :funny:

Is it rubbing even through your clothes?

I don't think I have a grey spot, but there is a patch of dry skin where the bar rubs. It's higher on me than on you, so I'm probably holding the bar too high. :funny:

Is it rubbing even through your clothes?

No it's not. I'm taping it off now my next few workouts see if that helps. Right now it's grey 'cause I'm shedding skin due to sunburn/summer here in the Netherlands.

So I feel lame because I actually googled a Taylor Lautner workout (I did it because there was no way in hell he went from a stick to diesel as hell in that kind of time frame). I found this all dumbbell workout. I tried to stay away from machines since I figured free weights are alot better for what I am trying to achieve. After a whole cycle of the workout (21 days), the results are insane. My favorite part is that now, I can actually see definition in my deltoids. These results are actually encouraging me to continue to workout. This full body workout has been infinitely times better to me than isolation workouts for some reason.

That's all. Sorry for my little splurge. I just wanted to share.

So I feel lame because I actually googled a Taylor Lautner workout (I did it because there was no way in hell he went from a stick to diesel as hell in that kind of time frame). I found this all dumbbell workout. I tried to stay away from machines since I figured free weights are alot better for what I am trying to achieve. After a whole cycle of the workout (21 days), the results are insane. My favorite part is that now, I can actually see definition in my deltoids. These results are actually encouraging me to continue to workout. This full body workout has been infinitely times better to me than isolation workouts for some reason.

In my opinion, you should pretty much always avoid machines, unless of course you have special reasons to use them.

Like with anything, machines shouldn't be avoided completely, nor should they be over utilized. I do all of my core exercises everyday with free weights (except lat pulldown on back day), and then incorporate some machines to isolate and hit the fast-twitch fibers. A prefect example of that is using the pec deck and cable crossover after getting through failure on bench press with the dumbbells. I will do pec flys on an incline bench as well to switch it up every few weeks, but the pec deck is great for that consistent resistance throughout the entire motion. That's where machines really come into play.

I'm afraid to go to failure with free weights on some exercises (especially since I'm now basically alone at the gym in the middle of the night), so I sometimes finish things off with machines.

Also, it's easier to do drop-sets on machines if you don't have anyone to help you move plates.

I lift alone as well. I use rest-pauses on my sets when I'm maxing out the weight on any given exercise. It really does a great job of compensating for not having a spotter. I've found it's also helped me develop a better sense of how my body is responding in the moment. It's created an awareness that just wasn't there before.

Has anyone tried CrossFit or implemented some CrossFit workouts into your usual workout?

2h4dts8.jpg

I used to. It means the bar isn't up high enough on your traps. Switching to a wider suicide grip definitely helped my bar positioning too.

So, a quick question to those who run a lot, a few days ago I did a 10km run and I was really sore in my left shoulder pretty much the entire day and the day after. Felt like a nerve got pinched or something. Any idea why this happened?
I was holding a set of keys in my hand the whole time if that makes any difference. Or maybe it's just my posture that's poor.

I've always done split workouts in the past but it's been difficult to maintain with my current schedule. Have seen some amazing results from full body workouts with hardly any rest periods.

3 weeks back into training, (trying to get back to the 200m after quitting the sport my freshman year of college) just getting my power back and was finally ready to start working on speed endurance to get the strength back, and I pulled my trapezium Sunday on the last of my 25m accelerators, and have dealing with it and applying acupressure non stop...

acupressure works wonders for anyone injured guys. Two days later, the pain has gone from say..100% down to about 25

So, a quick question to those who run a lot, a few days ago I did a 10km run and I was really sore in my left shoulder pretty much the entire day and the day after. Felt like a nerve got pinched or something. Any idea why this happened?
I was holding a set of keys in my hand the whole time if that makes any difference. Or maybe it's just my posture that's poor.

Probably just a strained muscle. I am a runner myself, granted I am a sprinter, so it's different training. But if you were gripping keys in your hand, coulda tensed you up, you should be relaxed when you are running. Especially your hands arms and shoulders

Went to the gym for the first time in months (maybe over a year) yesterday.
Went again today.
Planning on going back tomorrow.

Yay.

I got an early birthday gift yesterday, a membership to LA Fitness!

Probably just a strained muscle. I am a runner myself, granted I am a sprinter, so it's different training. But if you were gripping keys in your hand, coulda tensed you up, you should be relaxed when you are running. Especially your hands arms and shoulders

Okay then, I'll try to be more relaxed next time :up:

I'm dealing with muscle asymmetry. My left pec is bigger than my right pec by a good amount. My right arm and shoulder is stronger than my left arm and shoulder. I can do more shoulder presses on my right side (to the point where my left arm will buckle). I can bench more on my right side (to the point where my left arm will buckle). I can curl alot more with my right arm (to the point where I have to start shifting my weight to lift on my left eventually).

I want to work out my right pec by benching with dumbbell to even it out, but then I'll be working out my right biceps, triceps, and shoulder...which will make the imbalance more from my right arm to left arm.

What do I do?

A few things. Dumbbell work and single-arm exercises on cables (ie, single arm pec flys) are the most obvious way to go. Another option is with isolation machines which are plate-loaded. Like with dumbbells, this will allow you to go a little heavier on one arm than the other. I wouldn't recommend doing that with barbells, though, as the imbalance will be dangerous to control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"