The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, obviously the effects from Spider-Man, but the overall story isn't as great as it used to be...the story is flat and so is the origin itself, imo.

And also...I am thinking Doc Ock shouldn't be in the reboot either...for one, who can really top Molina's performance? And two...I actually think the only villain from Raimi's series that needs to be re-used is Green Goblin, especially since you're using Gwen Stacy. Captain Stacy can die from a battle with a different villain and not Ock, imo.

Dunno who, but there is the possibility to have some funky guy topping Molina's performance

But the Goblin seriously needs a remake and a just use in this reboot

if it were up to me I wouldn't use any villain from the Raimi series...spider-man has a lot of other villains that need some love and could be great
Mysterio
Vulture
Electro
Rhino
...to name a few

Dunno who, but there is the possibility to have some funky guy topping Molina's performance

But the Goblin seriously needs a remake and a just use in this reboot

It's too soon to really bring in someone to try and compete with Molina's Ock, imo.

Plus, Green Goblin has to be used if OsCorp plans on being some big plot for the reboot series.

if it were up to me I wouldn't use any villain from the Raimi series...spider-man has a lot of other villains that need some love and could be great
Mysterio
Vulture
Electro
Rhino
...to name a few

I agree with those guys, although I wonder how Rhino could be used, but I still say GG needs to be used. It's just too perfect to not use Green Goblin with having Gwen Stacy and using OsCorp the way they're already using it.

Mysterio
Vulture
Electro
Rhino
...to name a few
Electro, Vutlture and Mysterio could work, Rhino...not so much

I want to see Scorpion in a movie

Rhino would be perfect.
My take: A NY corrupt business is not happy that Spider-man is cutting into his profits and decides to do something about it. He takes one of his bodyguards and grafts the Rhino suit to him. Yeah its not the comic origin but lets be real nothing in these films is just like the comics.
So now you have a businessman(the brains) using the Rhino(the brawn) to try to take down Spider-man

Rhino would be perfect.
My take: A NY corrupt business is not happy that Spider-man is cutting into his profits and decides to do something about it. He takes one of his bodyguards and grafts the Rhino suit to him. Yeah its not the comic origin but lets be real nothing in these films is just like the comics.
So now you have a businessman(the brains) using the Rhino(the brawn) to try to take down Spider-man

Maybe R.H.I.N.O., but who would graft a suit that looks like a rhino on some dude?

Well, obviously the effects from Spider-Man, but the overall story isn't as great as it used to be...the story is flat and so is the origin itself, imo.

And also...I am thinking Doc Ock shouldn't be in the reboot either...for one, who can really top Molina's performance? And two...I actually think the only villain from Raimi's series that needs to be re-used is Green Goblin, especially since you're using Gwen Stacy. Captain Stacy can die from a battle with a different villain and not Ock, imo.

This is true. Being a reboot, the producers have dodged the pressure of using the most iconic villain right off the bat, and now they can build up to the Goblin in style.

Mysterio
Vulture
Electro
Rhino
...to name a few
Agreed. The only reason I think Green Goblin should be used again is because he's Spidey's arch-enemy.

Ooooooooooohhhhh, Ultimate
:cwink:

Yes, yes, Ultimate...I have said that Ultimate sucks, but in regards to a film, I would prefer the Ultimate routes for villains such as R.H.I.N.O. and Electro.

criminal masterminds...thats who

I get this, but, like I said...a rhino suit grafted on a thug...there's really no sense in that, lol. I get the idea of the suit itself, but to add in those horns for a "rhino" look, lol. That's why I say R.H.I.N.O. would make the most sense.

This is true. Being a reboot, the producers have dodged the pressure of using the most iconic villain right off the bat, and now they can build up to the Goblin in style.

This :up:

Agreed. The only reason I think Green Goblin should be used again is because he's Spidey's arch-enemy.

That, and I think the reboot could do a much better job at building up the storyline for Green Goblin. As henzINNIT just mentioned, Raimi used Spidey's most iconic and most recognized villain right in the first film, so there wasn't any build up for what should have been to actually show something epic between Spider-Man and Green Goblin. Webb has that chance.

'89 Batman only worked in that scenario because Batman didn't have an origin and it added more time with the story of pre-accident Joker and post-accident Joker.

I really love the pic of Doc Ock on the back of the 2.1 DVD cover:

displaymedia.jpg

You guys won't believe this....I just found storyboards for Spider-Man 4.

It's a nice design, especially the tentacles. It's got an Ultimate Doc Ock vibe to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"