The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Movie 1 has a burning building scene, no smoke
Movie 2 has a burning building scene, again no smoke
I'm glad the third movie didn't have that scene
Why is there no smoke?

Was there no smoke? I remember the baby with no soot in the first one, but I don't remember the lack of smoke. I mean, I do remember smoke but... was there no smoke? :huh:

Movie 1 has a burning building scene, no smoke

Instead of silly complaints, you should watch the films again to prove your points otherwise.

[YT]7GAXZDl0WKA[/YT]

Movie 2 has a burning building scene, again no smoke

[YT]pqN5DLIyVCQ[/YT]

Hey look at that.....smoke in both scenes.

Since you mentioned that, it kind of makes the writing seem...a little lazy, I guess - for lack of a better word. I mean, MJ was kidnapped in all three movies. It's funny to think the police wouldn't even know who was kidnapped, and same thing for the media. lol

Spider-Man 3 had a lot of lazy writing, and this is just the least of their problems with the script, haha.

May 3rd is the 10th anniversary of Spider-man...

Get your Blu-rays at the ready. :jedi

A movie from a film series you don't like much that you have probably seen countless times, and own on dvd, is on tv, and that's makes you happy? haha You must be far too superstitious for your own good or something. Personally, I wouldn't give a much of a sh**.

I have no idea where you're getting this info that I don't like the Raimi films besides the third one. SM2 is not only one of my favorite movies but I also rank it as the best CBM to date. Quit yer trolling.

Bum is quite a troll, so don't mind him much.

I would watch S-M 2 on FX if I could, but I do plan on watching it anyways sometime this weekend maybe.

May 3rd is the 10th anniversary of Spider-man...

Get your Blu-rays at the ready. :jedi
I forgot about that. I've been meaning to watch the first movie again for awhile. Whenever I plan to do it, at the last minute, I decide I don't feel like it for some reason.

SM2 is on FX right now. :woot:
That's where I first saw SM3 and SM2. But if there's a movie that I really like, I watch it on dvd. I wouldn't watch it even if it was on at the same time that I plan on watching it, since I don't wanna watch/skip through commercials.

Bum is quite a troll, so don't mind him much.

I would watch S-M 2 on FX if I could, but I do plan on watching it anyways sometime this weekend maybe.

I was gonna do the same but I caught it on TV today, so I got my fix. With the Avengers coming out this weekend I got myself all caught up on the Marvel movies and watched them all on dvd. I started with Hulk and ended up with Capt America. It got me excited for the new movie and also got me wanting to watch the Raimi trilogy again. I think I may still do that since I haven't really watched them back to back to back in quite a while.

That's where I first saw SM3 and SM2. But if there's a movie that I really like, I watch it on dvd. I wouldn't watch it even if it was on at the same time that I plan on watching it, since I don't wanna watch/skip through commercials.

I agree...when there's a movie I really love it's definitely more enjoyable to watch it on dvd/bluray than on TV.

A movie from a film series you don't like much that you have probably seen countless times, and own on dvd, is on tv, and that's makes you happy? haha You must be far too superstitious for your own good or something. Personally, I wouldn't give a much of a sh**.

Ding dong the troll is gone.

About time the mods banned bum.

lol Wow. Why did he get banned - if anyone knows?

Last edited:
There's a laundry list of reasons for him to have been banned. I'm surprised it took this long to happen.

Bum did get banned? GOOD!

He called me out once saying I was making fun of people with handicaps only because I called the giant Sandman a ******.

Watching the first movie now
10 years :wow:

I'm going to watch Spider-man tonight... while it's technically it's 10th anniversary, it didn't open in the UK until June 14th.

I was only 12 when it came out, so it hit me at the perfect time and I LOVED it. :hrt:

3e1d.jpg

I haven't seen it start to finish in a while... so I wonder how it's aged. It's always scary going back to have that nostalgia broken... especially in the light of The Amazing Spider-man.

10 years sure does go by fast.

Last edited:
To me, it's not the awesome film I initially felt it was, watching it now it's still highly entertaining

To me, it's not the awesome film I initially felt it was, watching it now it's still highly entertaining

I have to see it again. Haven't seen it in years and years.

I remember how excited I was about this back in 2001-2002. Specially because Sam Raimi (Darkman!!! Evil Dead!!!!) was directing. But I left the cinema dissapointed. :csad:

I have to see it again. Haven't seen it in years and years.

I remember how excited I was about this back in 2001-2002. Specially because Sam Raimi (Darkman!!! Evil Dead!!!!) was directing. But I left the cinema dissapointed. :csad:

Really?

Why the dissapointment? Surely that end scene left you on a high? :yay:

Really?

Why the dissapointment? Surely that end scene left you on a high? :yay:

I didn't think it was actuially bad. Maybe it was my age. I was 28 back then and had seen many thing on the big screen before.

But it was way too commercial and predictable. And, well, too kid-friendly. I hated things like how hurried certain things were treated, such as Uncle Ben's death and Spider-man's first apparitions.

I remember I left the theater, went to the bathroom and look myself in the mirror thinking "Did you like it?" In time I accepted that it wasn't the groundbreaking new bar of the genre I was waiting for. I much prefered X-Men or Iron Man.

Bum did get banned? GOOD!

He called me out once saying I was making fun of people with handicaps only because I called the giant Sandman a ******.

Bum was definitely negative.

I'm going to watch Spider-man tonight... while it's technically it's 10th anniversary, it didn't open in the UK until June 14th.

I was only 12 when it came out, so it hit me at the perfect time and I LOVED it. :hrt:

3e1d.jpg

I haven't seen it start to finish in a while... so I wonder how it's aged. It's always scary going back to have that nostalgia broken... especially in the light of The Amazing Spider-man.

10 years sure does go by fast.

You were 12? Gosh. That makes me feel old. :csad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"