The Official Iceman/Shawn Ashmore X3 Thread

Finally he ices up. About damn time, to be honest. The best comparison would be a better version of those ice women from the Die Another Day opening scene.

Well hopefully TNC can be a little ashamed in not wanting to see the awesomeness of an iced up Iceman.

icechanges8lt.gif

icechanges27kn.gif

I was really happy with the way Iceman looked, and seeing him in full icey glory made me realise how perfect Shawn Ashmore was for that role.

I really thought I was going to HATE him in this movie, but he was really good. I loved all of the interraction with Pyro.

^ actually i liked bobby a whole lot more in X3 than i did in X2, i agree those scenes with those two were rad.

Thank God they fixed up his Iceman look. It looks way better than in the previous TV spots, more realistic. I love the look on Pyro's face as Iceman looked at him.

Amazing.

They did get the little detail of chipped ice flying away after he headbutts him,, which was pretty cool.

That was also in one of the TV spots, no? The chipped ice thing?

Anyway, I'm liking how they did the reflections off his iced-up body. Looks like they cornered every single possibility to make him as realistic as possible. Did WETA do the SFXs??

^According the credits, yeah.

terry78 said:
^According the credits, yeah.
For Iceman?

Cos a LOT of special effect companies were involved in X3, from what I've read in online articles.

Mr Lex Luthor said:
For Iceman?

Cos a LOT of special effect companies were involved in X3, from what I've read in online articles.
ya one of my teachers Beau Janssen worked with 5 other guys on mystiques special FX, it was a group of 5 free lancers who had day jobs and only had a month to do the FX!:eek: and only 2 were in cali, the others were in vancouver so they had to do a bunch of confrence calls.:eek: but i think they turned out good, they did the FX for mystique on all 3 movies.

blitz said:

If I didn't know better, I'd say Pyro leaned into that headbutt, just as Iceman's head started ramming him.... Interesting.:confused:

ProfeZZor X said:
If I didn't know better, I'd say Pyro leaned into that headbutt, just as Iceman's head started ramming him.... Interesting.:confused:

he didnt lean in he was pulled in, clearly iceman had hold of his arms

blitz said:
thought id post what I made here
headbut8ee.gif

Awww... Poor Pyro. He almost looks scared. Or shocked. :(

Damn Iceboy. Go bore yourself to death. :mad:

ETA: I. CAN'T. WRITE. DAMMIT. :mad: :D

peteapan said:
he didnt lean in he was pulled in, clearly iceman had hold of his arms

Saw the movie three times, and I didn't even notice that.... :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back