The Official Iceman/Shawn Ashmore X3 Thread

I really don't want to see him fully ice up because i just don't think it would look good on screen. Maybe show just his hand iced over or something like that. I could imagine Bobby fooling around with Collosses by making a snowball and throwing it at him. Collosses tries to show off for kitty and metels up. Bobby then, not to be outdone, forms a big iceball on his hand to chuck at collosses. After he throws it, someone point out that his hand is white. Or something along those lines.

I have no problem with a sort of 'icing over' like severe frostbite rather than him being encased in solid ice. A sort of blue-white frosted covering would be fine if he uses his powers in an extreme way, but no to the original snow-covered comics Iceman, and a total ice body would not be right either!

duo_gabo said:
I thought it was underclassman...

haha..there's no hype for that movie. I dont' know why.

I haven't seen one poster and I've seen one trailer on the tube.

X-Maniac said:
I have no problem with a sort of 'icing over' like severe frostbite rather than him being encased in solid ice. A sort of blue-white frosted covering would be fine if he uses his powers in an extreme way, but no to the original snow-covered comics Iceman, and a total ice body would not be right either!

I agree entirely. I think what you stated here would be the best option(s) for creating a movie version of the "iced up" thing.

I wonder why Kirby and Lee opted for the SNOW covered look for guy named ICEMAN?

hopefully bobby will be able to ice up, what would be really cool is to see him glid on some ice that he would make...Or seeing him snowboard or something like going off a big cliff and then using his ice powers to grind down to the ground...wouldnt serve the story much but it would be a cool thing to add into the film.

Check out these cool unused promo stills from X2 (much more at the source link). :eek:

From fansite shawn-ashmore.com:

bstill184lu.jpg

bstill148cd.jpg

Source: http://www.shawn-ashmore.com/gallery/x2_promos.html

He's.... slidding. :eek:

great pics, wish there were pics like available for every character

i kindof find it weird that hes wearing that uniform..seeing as its not his uniform

Well, he did get a uniform at the end, Valor. Remember he was standing with the X-Men in the White House, both him and Rogue got one.

I like the photos. I wish he did that in the film :( He also seems more like comic Bobby in those photos.

(Ashmore's wearing a spare James Marsden (Cyclops) uniform, because they decided at the last minute they wanted Bobby in a uniform for the end of the film. That's why it isn't as form-fitting as the rest of the X-Men. They photoshoped all final promo images to give Bobby white X's on his collar and chest :p Rogue's uniform had always been planned though.)

iceman4.jpg

CrawlerFan said:
Well, he did get a uniform at the end, Valor. Remember he was standing with the X-Men in the White House, both him and Rogue got one.

no no i know that..i said..its odd that its not HIS uniform..his uniform is designed differently..including two x's in white tubing coming down like ice above his chest.

Electric Wire said:
shawnandellen.jpg

Shawn and Ellen!

Does this debunk that "Extra" report regurding that scene with Ellen, Shawn, and Anna...and Gambit with the trenchcoat and bandana? (Not to be confused with the other report from Xverse)

They "extra" said that Shawn gain some weight and his hair was shorter. While yeah, his hair here is shorter (and he probably just woke up), it's not as short like what the Extra said (unless Shawn had a different hair style WHERE it looked shorter than this). Plus, Shawn here, looks about the same; I don't see a noticable weight gain at all. Hmmm.

If that "Extra" report

Electric Wire said:
shawnandellen.jpg

Shawn and Ellen!
Thanks Electric! :up: Ellen looks really tired :O and it looks like Iceman is sporting some bling bling. :D

Octoberist said:
Does this debunk that "Extra" report regurding that scene with Ellen, Shawn, and Anna...and Gambit with the trenchcoat and bandana? (Not to be confused with the other report from Xverse)

They "extra" said that Shawn gain some weight and his hair was shorter. While yeah, his hair here is shorter (and he probably just woke up), it's not as short like what the Extra said (unless Shawn had a different hair style WHERE it looked shorter than this). Plus, Shawn here, looks about the same; I don't see a noticable weight gain at all. Hmmm.

If that "Extra" report
Good point October.

Wow. Shawn looks a whole lot different, and Ellen just looks tired as you can get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"